45' of Gameplay from AC Competizione

GTSPR-MIS-Asetto_Corsa.jpg

Kunos shows more of their eagerly awaited sim at Misano.

During recent Blancpain GT Series race weekend at Misano (22 - 24 June), one of the main points of interests, aside from the thrilling race itself, was provided from Kunos Simulazioni, which brought a tech-demo of their new title, Assetto Corsa Competizione, to the Italian venue for people to try. AK Informatica provided the necessary simracing cockpits that were installed in the paddock, with the developers on hand for suggestions and feedback from both professional drivers and casual users.

The demo was somewhat different from the one showed at the E3. The players could still choose between two different hotlap challenges (being one in dry and one in damp conditions) and two different race setups (first one was a race ran under bad weather; second one a race held at dusk, transitioning to night time). The cars available this time were the Ferrari 488 GT3, the Lamborghini Huracán GT3, the Mercedes AMG GT3 and finally the Audi R8 LMS GT3. The track was obviously a laser-scanned virtual recreation of Misano.

The footage captured shows the demo running under all of the previously cited setups, while cycling through all the camera options available in game.

The AI looks to be driving fairly nicely, and there are no signs of major issues with their algorithm. As a note of criticism, they also look very static and not that much aggressive though, being mostly content with following one another. They also seem to attack curbs, especially under wet conditions, more than it would be feasible in real life given the same circumstances. The same was also possible for the player. Developers were re-assuring that the behaviour of the AI in this demo was tweaked ad hoc and that this specific matter was intentionally present so to avoid them having troubles running correctly around the track, while backstage they are working hard on polishing their code. The issues just mentioned, according to them, will not affect final release.

Professional driver, competing with Attempto Racing in an Audi R8 LMS GT3, and enthusiast sim-racer, part of Team Redline, Kelvin van der Linde, was able to test the demo, and gave a very positive feedback about it, being overall impressed with the quality of the new sim made by Kunos.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions about the demo? Are you looking forward to try Assetto Corsa Competizione? Have you been able to test the game at either Los Angeles or Misano?

Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 241736

As I‘m far away from a pro-sim-driver I don‘t expect that hype. What‘s really new? Rain! Polished graphics! Night - not really with this fantastic „dynamic light“ mod from Ilja. There‘s only one feature I insist: modability. Cheers Kunos

Waiting for vr implementation & performance reviews.

Everything is sounding great so far but id like to see what there plan is for dlc, expansions and what other classes they will bring to the game.
I enjoy gt3 but I also have 4 other titles with that class and don't really care to hop from game to game just play a single class....i prefer a one stop game with multiple classes.

Ill admit I haven't played or followed AC or the new title that much. Have kunos mentioned if loose surface physics will make it into the new title?
Any advanced tech or new features to the tire model?

Hopefully it runs well in VR, looks good so far but im unsure if just the blancpain series is enough content :unsure: maybe we could see the blancpain gt series asia? would bring in some awesome tracks, if not i hope that modding isnt too restricted as you guys on here make some cracking mods. :thumbsup:

Hopefully it runs well in VR, looks good so far but im unsure if just the blancpain series is enough content :unsure: maybe we could see the blancpain gt series asia? would bring in some awesome tracks, if not i hope that modding isnt too restricted as you guys on here make some cracking mods. :thumbsup:

Come to think of it, SRO (owners of Blancpain GT and creators of the GT3 format) just bought WC Vision (owners of Pirelli World Challenge) as well. DLC could include Blancpain Asia, but more importantly it could feasibly be expanded to include Pirelli World Challenge now. And PWC doesn't just do GT3, they've also got a very healthy GT4 category and Touring Car categories. Plus they race on the greatest circuit in the world: Mosport.

That would be amazing.

@kunos ... Just sayin' :)

What are your impressions about the demo?
It looks stunning certainly, the upgrade to UE4 seems to be paying off well in that regard. Wet Weather looks very good, seems like it's very far advanced for an Alpha but that's just on the outside looking in.

Are you looking forward to try Assetto Corsa Competizione?
Yes....a thousand times Yes!

Have you been able to test the game at either Los Angeles or Misano?

No I did not, but thanks for asking!

There is no modding...full stop :(

Reference please? last I heared was "we're not spending any time on mod support", which is not the same thing at all.

ACC is very focused, presumably in an attempt to go for the iRacing market; I can see future DLC dealing with other SRO series ( GT4 please! ) but this doesn't look like AC2 and I don't believe was ever marketed as a replacement for AC.

What are we up to for SRO now: Blancpain, Asia, Euro GT4, British GT, French GT4, PWC.. what else?

I'd pay for a historic BPR series too.

Last edited:
I think the raindrops on the windscreen look very weird, but that could be youtube compression or just that is still pre-alpha. Also the visibility with spray of the other cars on the windscreen should be much less in my opinion. Interface looks nice btw. But overall, when you are not interested in driving at night or in the rain, this just seems a 'crippled' version of AC. Less cars... less tracks.... less mods. But... I will buy it anyway! :D

Come to think of it, SRO (owners of Blancpain GT and creators of the GT3 format) just bought WC Vision (owners of Pirelli World Challenge) as well. DLC could include Blancpain Asia, but more importantly it could feasibly be expanded to include Pirelli World Challenge now. And PWC doesn't just do GT3, they've also got a very healthy GT4 category and Touring Car categories. Plus they race on the greatest circuit in the world: Mosport.

That would be amazing.

@kunos ... Just sayin' :)
Ryno, there's another interesting license owned by SRO Motorsports:
Screenshot_2018-07-04_Official_Site_of_Blancpain_GT_Series.png

http://ultracar-gt1.com/cars/

Check out the cars in this competition!
@kunos already have the license of half of these cars already for Assetto Corsa.
Therefore, licensing Ultracar GT1 would be amazing for all the people who loved AC and loves hypercars and an interesting addition for ACC.

It would make happy a lot of people, which means: selling more copies of ACC.
And since I created the Ultracar GT1 in AC, thanks to modding, I can assure you it's damn funny as competition!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back