4 New Assetto Corsa Competizione Gameplay Videos

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
1 ACC Lambo Damp.jpg

2 AC Audi Night.jpg 3 ACC Mix Night.jpg 4 ACC Mercedes Night.jpg 5 ACC Mix Night.jpg 6 ACC Lambo Damp.jpg 7 ACC Mix Night.jpg
Check out the latest ACC gameplay videos in various racing conditions and times of day.

ACC is a hot looking new title, and following the rave reviews lavished on Assetto Corsa one that is surely going to be popular with sim racing fans the world over. Benefitting from an official licence to replicate the Blancpain Endurance Series, arguably the strongest current GT3 racing series anywhere in the world, Assetto Corsa Competizione already has many of the ingredients needed to be a hit in sim racing circles.

With a tentative 'Early Access' release date of summer 2018 floated by developers Kunos Simulazioni, fans are understandably eager to learn more about what ACC has to offer when it comes to PC later this year. Luckily Kunos are aware of the interest in the new title, and as such following its public debut at the recent Blancpain Misano round, we now have not one but four new in game videos to enjoy! Feast your eyes on these beauties below:

Ferrari 488 GT3 - Misano - Dry
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Misano - Slicks on Damp Track
Mercedes AMG GT3 - Misano - Wet AI Race

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

8 ACC Mix Dusk.jpg
9 ACC Audi Night.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new video releases? Looking forward to ACC? Can the new sim overtake Assetto Corsa in the popularity stakes, in your opinion? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Definitely! That's what Kunos stands for!
Bet Apple is planning on a 200€ iPhone with a custom Android to flood the market and get more money.

Does unreal engine support consoles? I think so. Do consoles have less power? Absolutely.
Does unreal engine support graphics scaling well? Yep.

Will Kunos go with a UI that works with wheel buttons? I think so too.

Will a console release be as difficult as it was with AC? Probably not.
Will the physics & features need to be lower quality for consoles? No.
Do consoles have nice quality wheel support? Yes.

Is there a reason why acc shouldn't be released on consoles? Not really.
Is there any reason why acc should be worse on PC if that happens? Not really.

Does it open the possibility of cross platform awesome multiplayer lobbies? Oh yeah!

A few questions plus their answers if you can't be bothered to think through them yourself :)
Sincerely, even if there is a possibility I'm a little skeptical about the possibility of ACC being ported to the consoles, I do not remember who, I think Stephano even talking about the experience with the consoles in the AC was stressful, due to the needs of Sony and Microsoft have to be approve of the changes and others aspects, it is true that Unreal is more flexible than the Engine of the AC but I am still not sure if they would like to go through this experience again, I am not saying that it can not happen but ....

Sincerely, even if there is a possibility I'm a little skeptical about the possibility of ACC being ported to the consoles, I do not remember who, I think Stephano even talking about the experience with the consoles in the AC was stressful, due to the needs of Sony and Microsoft have to be approve of the changes and others aspects, it is true that Unreal is more flexible than the Engine of the AC but I am still not sure if they would like to go through this experience again, I am not saying that it can not happen but ....
You are totally right. I didn't intend to say Kunos would release it on consoles. My post was purely against these existing rumors of Kunos 100% releasing it on consoles and purely because they are greedy.

I just hope they don't totally abandon mouse navigation for menus etc. Not everyone wants to use steering wheel buttons for that.

I don't see any logical reason for abandoning that functionality so I doubt they will. PC1+2 let's me use mouse or wheel buttons, whichever is more convenient to me at any given time. If ACC can match that I'll be happy.

Any mention of GT4 cars?I like GT3s but will the game have longevity with only GT3s?
Look, obviously the focus is on Blancpain GT3 Series.
But once the EA ends and we reach the release version 1.0, we have just one way to go: DLCs.
I want to believe ACC will sell a lot and therefore DLCs will be on the way.

Kunos has SRO license and if you look at the Series owned by SRO, you can be happy, I suppose... :inlove:

In the videos it does look like the rain is having a realistic effect on handling. Just watching the wheel have to snap to correct sudden oversteer in sections where it's not raining but there are definitely puddles on the track. Just from viewing it looks super convincing, to me anyway. Really excited to see what we can expect from a competitive standpoint. Who knows, it might encourage other developers to grab ahold of a different racing series and do a similar thing. Focus on a smaller number of cars, tracks and features but execute them perfectly. All while building upon the years of updates from previous titles. I'd love to be able to choose a sim that does everything perfectly and base which one I drive solely on the type of car I feel like racing. We have them all anyway. 5 sims with each having everything can't be as good as 5 sims having one thing each and doing it flawlessly.

Exciting times ahead :)

As far as content goes, i dont think they are locked behind blancpain, i think they call the game acc just to have this flexibility.
If their intention was pure gt3, they could have gone with ac blancpain, or even blancpain:the game or smth similar.

I just hope they don't totally abandon mouse navigation for menus etc. Not everyone wants to use steering wheel buttons for that.

That would be truly bizarre. I've yet to come across a PC game that lacks mouse navigation. It simply wouldn't make since to abandon the mouse given its ubiquitous nature. Now if Kunos were Apple, wellllllllll, you never know, HAHAH.

Normally its really ports from console that don't have mouse.
The menu UI looks really well done btw I hope to see more of it, i hope we get to appreciate the beauty of the cars like we can in content manager. Pcars2 won some plaudits for their UI but its ugly at times how the low res cars are pasted on screen & navigation is at times poor & unintuitive.

As far as content goes, i dont think they are locked behind blancpain, i think they call the game acc just to have this flexibility.
If their intention was pure gt3, they could have gone with ac blancpain, or even blancpain:the game or smth similar.

I suggest you check out the ACC website.

Assetto Corsa Competizione - The Official Blancpain GT Series Game

https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/

Its pretty clear which series it is simulating.

Assetto Corsa is Kunos' trademark, so of course they are going to use it. GT racing series don't have the marketing value of F1 or NASCAR. Simbin's did the same with their GT sim

GTR - FIA GT Racing Game

using their trademark GTR as the first part of the name. All it simulated was FIA GT racing.

Players headlights way brighter than AI
True and it's even confirmed by dev, reason is optimization.

Speaking of optimization, is there some micro-stutter in certain corners? I noticed it earlier in Spa E3 vids, and thought it might be the video capturing process that is at fault, so didn't mention it anywhere. But now that Kunos official channels released the same videos and it happens also in Misano videos, started to think if it's not?

Could still be in the capturing process though. If not, hope they can iron it out.

But overall the game looks pretty heavy on systems, based on gut feeling and just general amount of eyecandy. It will of course scale down for lower specs, but no matter how well UE4 is optimized, I find it hard to believe that a game which looks clearly better than pCars 2, runs better than pCars 2. It's not how these things tend to work...

And that's fine it's called progress. But people who play AC1 in VR with 970 (or triples with old cards) and hope to use it here too, might be in for a shock

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years