4.- GRAND PRIX DE SUGO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have totally given up trying to find the problem. I run a Geforce 9500 but I think I will upgrade to the ATI HD4750 when I get some money. It seems to be a Geforce thing.

Mate, I have a ATI.. and got this. I also ended processes on my pc. We just need to be 4 seconds faster next race :)
I worry more about pitting on custom tracks.

Daytona here we come.

Weekend's Report

Qualifying

Excellent lap. Risked a lot in the first sector, that fast chicane... would either go really well or really bad. Glad it worked fine. Lost about a tenth in last sector, but it was good enough to steal the pole from Marcin.

Race

Managed to hold the lead with cold tyres and brakes, and for the first 5 laps me and Marcin were in a very similar pace. I was quicker in sector 1 and 3, and he was quicker on sector 2. We were pulling away from the people behind, little by little. As soon as the rain arrived, I was suddenly much quicker. I was worried about overheating tyres in the race, but the rain helped a lot to keep them cool and optimized for grip. So I started pulling away, and when I came in the pits on lap 31 I had more or less 10.0 seconds of gap.

Pit-stop, all done, back in the lead with a similar gap of 9.0-10.0 seconds. Then it was all under control. Didn't need to push much, was easy to pull away some more from Marcin, and Johannes in third had a similar pace to mine, closing in behind Marcin. I had a couple of incidents with backmarkers, losing about 4.0 seconds overall, but nothing too serious. Was confortable in the lead opening lap 42 when... BOOM. Desktop... minidump...

Oh well, this was it.

Glad Johannes got a podium for us in second place. Grats to the winner and all the finishers.

See you in Daytona.

Really hard luck Fernando, thought you had it in the bag for sure, it's always a bit sour to win a race this way but it does is great in the championship hunt :) Grats to all that finished :)

First of all I feel sorry for Fernando. Computer DNFs really is frustrating.

Congrats to RPM, podium and to my team.. except for me..

My race was hell from start to finish. A BFR car spun (or was pushed) in front of me blocking the track and I could not avoid it. Lost splitter and severely wrecked the suspension. The pit stop fixed the aero damage but the suspension was crap throughout the race making any good lap times impossible. It's a bit frustrating to be one lap down after two laps...

10-15 laps from the end Hart-Jones car lagged/warped on to the track just in front of me costing the second front splitter and a puncture.

3 stops including 2 lengthy repairs made this race something less than impressive..

Not a great race for me. i was following Damian early on, but the car felt really different from my testing and i had a lot of understeer which really put me on the defensive from the off and so just focussed on getting to the end in as good a position as i could. Once we got the stop done i followed Frederick for the rest of the race pretty much - we had a pretty bad warp collision which gave me some damage and a blue flag warning somehow, but soldiered on and got by with a few laps to go with a bit of an aggressive move which knocked Freddy off the circuit briefly - not the way i wanted to get by but i was pretty frustrated about the whole race by then so sorry again Frederick.

One to forget overall.

Yes I wasn't very happy to be honest, If I hadn't been there for you to lean on I'm sure you would have spun, but OK I understand how it happened, I was struggling to turn in having lost my front splitter thanks to Andreas Löffler ramming me off the track after he cut the chicane, honestly Andreas, what else did you think was going to happen? You can only pass through other cars in the pit lane you know !

I notice you post a bit late :sleepin:.

First i want to apologize for that, i wanted pass on the right side but unfortunately it dont work and i hit you. :sorry:

I watched again but for me it don´t looks like you loose your front splitter. It looks like before you hit the wall, so i´m not sure what i should thinking of this !?

And also you can allude that i wait till you drive past again. I don´t want much say to your cutting criticism. It´s ruled by the game and for that i got no warning, so it´s not cutting. If you have another meaning make an incident report for this and let decide the race control.

After all it would be better to choise another place for passing, right. But in race i saw the chance, try it but it was wrong - my mistake.

Thanks for the apology.
Well I thought I lost my splitter Andreas, the red spanner lit up and the car wouldn't turn in then my pit stop took a long time repairing damage.
I understand we are governed by the in game cut warning rule so yeah point taken, and yes you waited but you saw how easy it was to pass again then the car behind also so the damage was done, just disappointed to have had my race affected through no fault of my own thats all !
Thats racing I guess.

China intermediate tyres

Did you notice? ... Race we had was in China, in rain/damp. Stay on dry or intermediate tyres?

See last weekend's race Formula One in China? ... rain & damp again.

• Fredrik Tackman

I cant see any broadcast replay from SUGO,not to be or stored elsewhere?

• Johannes Norberg

So.. i guess we don´t get any replay of the Sugo race.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back