3dsMax to BTB question

L

LStone

• LStone

For some reason every time I try and add a object to an XPack it keep getting Material has no texture? I add all the textures (.dds) correct height and width to my model in Max. All seems to go well (I guess). I have tried every way that I know but just can't seem to get the object into the XPack with it's assigned materials. I can go in and replace the blank material with the right one while making the XPack, but I know I have to be doing something wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

• LStone

Thanks for the quick reply. I have searched around to try and understand exactly what that means (I'm not the best at the tech stuff) but learning more everyday. Could you give a brief explanation or a short example. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

• markfaz

Also make sure your texture files are in the same folder as your exported 3ds object before importing to XPacker.

• LStone

Well I've tried every way I know, and all that have been suggested and still no luck. Any other thoughts? I know it has to be something simple that I'm probably missing.

I imported your 3ds file into Max8 & it had no texture assigned to it.
I'm not sure how you assigned your texture in Max but this is how i do it.

Select your object.
Go to the Material Editor.
Click on a blank Material slot.
In the Blinn Basic Parameters rollout, click on the little grey square on the right of the Diffuse text (not the rectangle, the square next to that).
Double click Bitmap in the list.
Select your DDS file.
Then click the Assign Material to Selection button. (the one with the small blue circle & white cube on it)
Then do a quick render to make sure all is working.
Then export.

I will email you a new exported file & see if that works.

Cheers

• LStone

Thanks Eric for taking the time to help me out with that. That worked perfect. I had been doing it a much different way. Thanks again.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.2%