3dsimed question: an importing question for kn5 files

Hello,
I have been using 3dsimed for looking at kn5 files and have no problems doing imports.

My question is, seems some modders like to have the Track.kn5 as one KN5 file, and the AC_PIT, AC_START, etc object items as a separate KN5 file. This is fine and 3dsimed opens them as separate views within the program.

But can 3dsimed put/merge them together into one view, so I can see how the AC_PIT, etc align and look on the main track view? Right now the pit stalls, etc are all just little cubes floating in the air and have no idea if they are in correct positions or not by just looking at the position numbers.
Just need to do this to make minor position adjustments if need be.

Myself, I just put the Pit Stall, grid positions, etc right on my Track.kn5 file.

thank you for any info,
Dave

I guess the reason for packing the AC spawn objects in their own .kn5 is to enable different layouts. I have done that for the first time on my latest track, so I can have a Race Day layout (with the start positions on the grid), and a Track Day layout (with the start positions missing and the pit spawn points in the parking area). So for each layout I just need to switch which spawn .kn5 the game uses.

The easiest way to visualise the whole map would be to export the .kn5 files as .fbx, and then to import them all into ksEditor.

in small kn5 with ac-objects: CTRL+A -> Objects -> Copy
then goto big kn5 with track: CTRL+Shift+V (insert clipboard)
(you need to open both kn5's in the same instance of 3dsimed)
rtf help file
upload_2019-9-25_15-46-32.png

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 10.0%
  • < 4 years