General 3DSimEd increases CPU on tracks.

I loaded up Longford to fix the horizon popping in and the CPU went from 22-24% to 35-41%. I then tried the same with Bremgarten, I didn't even change anything, I just loaded the track into 3dSimEd and saved the kns file and the CPU in game went from the 32% up to 48%. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? If so then I can drop the CPU of my own track conversions.
All these tests were done with only the player car on track at a fixed 100 FPS and the results are consistent.

Personally I'd recommend using either 3DS Max or Blender for FBX's, a bit daunting amount of options when starting out, but if you're serious about making tracks, or converting tracks... I believe this is the best way to go. You have total control over everything.

use the KS Editor not 3dSimEd
And as Terra21 says... use the KsEditor to setup / tweak shaders & materials etc... Export to kn5. Remember to save persistence files often, and even back them up.

An obvious bonus with using the KsEditor (forgetting about any FPS improvements) is you can get to see a pretty accurate representation of what it will look like in AC, using AC's graphics engine.

KS Editor screws up the transparency of the trees.
You just need to use the right shader and settings.

Make sure the tree texture has an alpha mask,
Use the KsTree shader...
Set BlendMode to eAlphaTest...
Set ksAlphaRef to 0.5

And play about with the ksAmbient & ksDiffuse values to something you like.

The KsEditor has everything... You just need to know which shader does what...
Check LilSki's guides on the official forums, he obviously knows his stuff!

And as I said earlier... In the scene tab... click the MODEL below the SCENE_ROOT
click on file... Save Persistence... so if you reload... it retains the settings.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back