Cars 3DS Import oddity

Hey guys.

So i recently downloaded the Porsche 919 EVO Hybrid Tribute which is a great car to drive but i wanted to do some night running with it. But just like the real car it doesn't have any headlights so i figured i'd try and mod some lights onto the car (Yes i realise i could just use the performance mod from here and implant it onto the other 919's but that's too easy). Opening Content Manger and enabling developer mode doesn't give me the option to unpack the KN5 like it does with the other cars so i went ahead and used kn5conv, everything gets unpacked so so far so good. The problem is when i import the fbx file into 3DS, as you can see from the attached image what i get is not what i expected, so now i'm sat here looking at the car version of Who's That Pokemon. I've tried looking on google to see what the problem could be, i did see encryption pop up every now and again so could it be that the model is encrypted in some way or could it be something else?

Cheers.

blue car.png

Hey guys.

So i recently downloaded the Porsche 919 EVO Hybrid Tribute which is a great car to drive but i wanted to do some night running with it. But just like the real car it doesn't have any headlights so i figured i'd try and mod some lights onto the car (Yes i realise i could just use the performance mod from here and implant it onto the other 919's but that's too easy). Opening Content Manger and enabling developer mode doesn't give me the option to unpack the KN5 like it does with the other cars so i went ahead and used kn5conv, everything gets unpacked so so far so good. The problem is when i import the fbx file into 3DS, as you can see from the attached image what i get is not what i expected, so now i'm sat here looking at the car version of Who's That Pokemon. I've tried looking on google to see what the problem could be, i did see encryption pop up every now and again so could it be that the model is encrypted in some way or could it be something else?

Cheers.

View attachment 419825
The model is encrypted because it’s ripped from another game. Common practice when dealing with facebook mods.

The model is encrypted because it’s ripped from another game. Common practice when dealing with facebook mods.
Ahh, i didn't get it from Facebook i got it from somewhere else but they must have got it from Facebook. Ahh well never mind, cheers anyway.

Was referring to dodgy "facebook" (but not always actually Facebook) mods. :)

They end up in all kinds of places for download, usually with little information and no real way for most people to know they're suspect. In addition to the ethical complications around using someone else's 3d work without permission, they're often just garbage anyway. Sometimes the model is tidied up nicely with all of the CSP bells and whistles, but the physics are almost always bad, stolen, or both, and hopelessly inaccurate either way. (Those who don't want to put weeks into a 3d model rarely want to put months into research, math, and testing either...)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back