3D Printed Sequential Shifter

When I first started playing Dirt Rally and driving WTCC with R3E, I thought having a sequential shifter would be neat... a little over a year later, and I've finally been able to make one for my self.

3D printed using Carbon Fibre enhanced PLA and standard PLA. For the PC controller interface, I've utilised the Leo Bodnar BBI-32, but also have the 12-bit joystick interface.

Already added a larger grip to the top of the lever, and am looking at adding a handbrake also.

Apart from the 3D Printer itself, the build cost for the shifter is about £45 and takes roughly 11 hours to print.
Shifter_2.jpg
Shifter_2.jpg

Shifter_1.jpg

Shifter_3.jpg

Shifter_4.jpg

@James Robertson ... Thank you Sir :)

And onto making an analogue Handbreak. Watched a YouTube video yesterday where they converted a Hydro Handbrake for use with the PC. Liked the design and thought I'd try something similar.

Sketchup design is 90% complete, final section will depend on what sliding potentiometer I can get from my local Maplin store. Total parts cost of about £8, plus filament and Print time.

Handbrake-design.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had to watch a couple of YouTube tutorials just to get a grip on Work Planes. Unfortunately, Sketchup doesn't have that ability as standard. Possibility there's a plugin that can emulate it, but I personally haven't come across the need to use such a thing yet.

I view Sketchup Make as more of a light weight CAD program, there's a lot of work-around's involved in creating more complex objects. Suppose I should start using more plug-ins for extra functionality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back