3D Printed Low Mass 320mm Steering Wheel

Just uploaded the file to thingiverse:

Feel free to test it out! It's lighter (400g without the hub) than any formula wheels and rigid enough for daily use.

Back.jpg

Yeah, for pure functionality, I'd go tennis/badminton racket tape or bicycle tape. I have the former on my G27 wrapped tightly and its brilliant. If looks play a role, go suede. Suede require bespoke driving gloves though and have terrible durability.

Upvote 0
“When your ass, hips, thighs, back and shoulders are wrapped in carbon fiber and you’re strapped down so that you can only move your extremities and there is less than an inch of padding between your ass and a solid surface, you feel EVERYTHING that the car does. Every bit of understeer/oversteer, every small bump, dip, or rut and every bad bushing in your car. After a couple of laps that will have you on the border of sensory overload, eventually you get used to it and start driving faster and faster. Afterwards, once you’re back in your normal road car, you feel like you're in slow motion.” -- Ethan Hews - LUXURIA
No GT3 experience, but I have tried a full blown touring car and what is described above is absolutely true! The first time you have a go in a real racecar, you get sensory overload. You fairly quickly get used to the speed, but the noise and feel is so alien compared to what you're used to. The instructor I had recommend newcomers to drive 5 laps and then take a small break to debrief what you just experienced. Either you're scared for life (it happends) or, most likely, you're hooked. I was the latter. After I were done, everything in my body was tingeling, my brain was working overtime and the adrenaline higher than ever. Its the most alive I've ever felt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Back