3D models

So, I want to look into getting model import/export going on for F1 2012 (and probably end up supporting the other CM games if it works out). I may end up just making scripts for the modelling apps if it's easier, so I want to see what people want to use. :)

Also, i'm not an expert on modelling, so if there's anyone experienced that I could chat to and ask basic questions then that would be useful. Add me on Steam if interested.

I thought you gave up on it with Dirt 3. I hope you go through with it this time :cool:

I'm guessing 3DS Max will end up being the most popular. But then Blender is free

I go for Maya but it kinda don't matter for 3DsMax and Maya since both are made by the same company, swapping files between the 2 is pretty easy. I have been waiting for someone to figure out how to import models into the game since day one and I am sure it is complicated. The game itself is unfriendly when it comes to 3D modellers,

Exporting and Importing for 3DS Max for me.

Exporting the models first and formost.

I'm not sure what you are doing here Miek.....but what about extracting unabtainable models, like helmet, driver etc etc.....is that possible?

I'm not sure what you are doing here Miek.....but what about extracting unabtainable models, like helmet, driver etc etc.....is that possible?
Dunno, where are they? :p

Edit: nvm, had a quick look - definitely possible, they're arranged differently in the pssg db but it shouldn't be too hard.

Dunno, where are they? :p

Edit: nvm, had a quick look - definitely possible, they're arranged differently in the pssg db but it shouldn't be too hard.

Sounds interesting.

Let me know what you come up with.

My brother is an industrial designer,he creates 3D models mostly in solid works which isn't gaming friendly but industrial friendly. He also does 3DS Max sometimes,so he came up with this car designing and 3D modeling himself.Its been built completely from scratch from mesh to mesh.

I can get you a few support if you like because i certainly believe making PSSG convertible in both ways(importing and exporting) would be a REVOLUTION of modding. I'm pretty much sure i'll be one of the few to nail it. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%