3D MAX & You

Jarrod Crossley

Rubbin Racer!
So your looking at producing your own renders, You've got one of the many version of 3d max and your wondering whats next.

Well here is some of the ins and outs :

First off you'll need Spluterfish's Brazil you can download the demo vresion known as Rio from there site here:- SplutterFish, LLC: Home

Next you'll need the 3D max car scenes for Race07 and those are availble via:- Portal - raceskinning you'll have to register there.

So now you have evrything you need to get started. All you need to do now is load up a scene and go right?

Wrong due to the fact these scenes where made with a differant version of MAX and a full version of Brazil, Youlll have to make some alterations to get it to look the way you want.

So you load your scene and it looks like this:

Terrible isn't it well first off we need to set up are renderer so on the top menu bar find "Rendering" and from the drop down find "Render Setup" click on that and you'll get a menu:

Now due to the fact we are using Rio we are restricted to image size (1024x511 max) so for now select 640x480. Now on the same menu scroll down tp were it says "Assign Renderer" This is where we are going to be telling it to use Brazil Rio. So click on the three little dots:

and from the drop down menu select Brazil:

Now due to the fact we are using Rio we are restricted to image size (1024x511 max) so for now select 640x480. Now on the same menu scroll down tp were it says "Assign Renderer" This is where we are going to be telling it to use Brazil Rio. So click on the three little dots:
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x640.
and from the drop down menu select Brazil:
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x640.
This part of the tut tells you how to setup the Brazil plugin.

You will get the missing DLL error due to the fact your using a diffrant version of Brazil than the orignal scene was created in.

If your still having probs Ill upload my edited sences (*be warned they are for Autodesk 3D max 2009 + Brazil rio v2)

Thanks for the great tutorial Jarrod.

My question is; how do you get two different cars in the same scene? Once i put one car in the scene with it's skin in place i merge another car into the scene and it is white. I can't work out how to place the skin on the second car.

It used to be easier with GTR2 scenes, i'm not sure what i'm missing here.

Thanks.

There is a bit of a knock geeting two diffearnt models into one scene, the easiest but longest is to make your forst scene and save it as say "car1". then load up the other car scene make your alteration and then merge the "Car1 Scene" and use scenes materials.

• Patrick Wanst

Hi, first problem solved

but when I press Render the programm is rendering
and then I close the screen and I don't see my render :S

I am using Brazil Rio and Autodesk 3ds Max 9(its differnt then the 2009)

EDIT: Solved the problem, I didn;t had the render output window enabled

hmmm what problem?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 363
  • eieieieieiiijaaa.jpg
    eieieieieiiijaaa.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 335
hmmm what problem?
That a general fault. it caused by a few factors :

!. diffrant version of 3D max than the one used to create the scene
2. Differant version of Brazil than the one used to create the scene
(this is why the car is black)

The fix:

All this is easily solved if you go through the tutorial step by step. what you are actually doing via this tutorial is setting up the scene to be used with your version of 3D max and your version of Brazil.

*To All

For those struggling with 3D max I have uploaded the scenes I have been working on into the download secrion of Rd.

*WARNING*

These scenes have been set out in Autodesks 3D max 2009 using Brazil Rio V2. If you have a differant version of 3D Max or Brazil you will still have go through the tutorial.

Ok, what can I do with these "scene's" can I put my own skin on to them, by working through the tutorial, or is a "scene" a one off example, i.e you have started from scratch for each car and this is the finished product? or "scene". I'm not used to the terminology of this subject so forgive what may be an obvious question.

Sorry, changing the "base Textures" how is that done exactly? Is there any step/post in the tutorial that I can start from.

So is my assumption correct that I can use any "scene" of any car and change the "base texture" (skin?) to any one of mine, as long it's for the same car obviously i.e your SEAT scene, my SEAT skin, A.N. Others R8GT scene and my R8GT skin?

I appreciate your patience :)

If your using the allready altered scenes then from about post #4 onwards. The materials in the scenes I have uploaded have all been addressed and should work perfectly well with 2009.

As for you Assumption, yes you are correct. If you were to pick the seat and alter the texture for the body from the default one to your seat design then yours would show and when you rendered it would render showing your design not the default one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back