rF2 397 Porsche Cup @ Suzuka - Night - Saturday 09 Nov 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
that was awesome ...once you get the feel for this car and a decent setup (cheers kresh) it's bloody ace ...had to pit as it was like driving a pneumatic drill ...i couldn't keep the car straight in top gear. felt so good with fresh tires but wasn't long before i blackspotted them again!! grats podium. and wow i actually finished a race!!!

Darn leg, was not able to participate again :mad: braking sharply in the middle of the corner is never a good idea. I did try, but with 20 odd cars on the track it was a no go.

Apart from Hello,Hola everybody appeared to have some fun.

congrads to the podiums :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and every driver that finished :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week, we take out two superb cars on a iconic circuit :thumbsup:

Darn leg, was not able to participate again :mad: braking sharply in the middle of the corner is never a good idea. I did try, but with 20 odd cars on the track it was a no go.

congrads to the podiums :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and every driver that finished :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week, we take out two superb cars on a iconic circuit :thumbsup:

Pity you couldn’t race Craig :(. Thanks so much for all your hard work and being there even when you can’t race yourself. We really do appreciate it:thumbsup:

Another smashing combo :thumbsup: and thanks Kresh for the setup, made it drivable for me. What a blast! And I’m counting that as a top 10 :sneaky:

Hello, Hola transmitted good vibes to the race.

I had a great time and I had a lot of fun today. I would like to see more combos like this. I like more events with the Porsche at night.

Last edited:
That was a good practice in concentration provided by Tero :D
First half of the race was fine but second half the rearend got worse and worse.
I was glad it was over as I would have lost it at some point.

Thanks for organizing :)

P.S.
For some reason my chat was plopping in and out for the entire race, so I got Hello Hola-action for 50 minutes :geek:

That was a good practice in concentration provided by Tero :D
First half of the race was fine but second half the rearend got worse and worse.
I was glad it was over as I would have lost it at some point.
Yeah it was fun and pretty intense because of the concentration needed!

It was the very first time I drove the car. And from the test laps and previous experience with Porsches, I knew the car will become more and more of a handful over a race. So I just set the car to hopefully be nicer to drive toward the end of the race and sacrificing balance as the race starts. Luckily it worked out pretty well! :D

The car was pretty nice in the middle of the race, but in the last third it was super easy to make tiny mistakes that cost a lot of time. I just couldn't quite keep it together enough. And then of course the backmarkers cost you a ton of time and allowed me to catch up. Not really sure I could've closed up otherwise.

But maybe two shorter races instead of one 50 min? What does everyone else think?
Hello, Hola.
It was my second race with this car and I must admit I thought (dreamed?) about shorter races both times! Once your tyres are down to 90%, it's racing on ice! I was late to get Kresh's setup so my car was really not balanced and I was tiptoying from the start... But I definitely would like more races with this car!

Sorry that you again had to stay aside @Craig Dunkley I hope you will get better quickly! :thumbsup:

I had great battles with p3 and p4 but then I got out-braked and had to leave the track to avoid a crash and hit the wall. Crazy car but I like it, margin is very small when close racing.

Crazy car but I like it, margin is very small when close racing.
Yeah the limited setup options combined with the nature of Porsche means that almost every change you can make has an equal opposite effect once you're past the apex. And vice versa ofc. So if you want more stable corner entry you will have to deal with less stable car on corner exit.

I think these are some of the reasons why Porsche Cup is such a popular car/series around the world.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 307 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 440 39.5%