rF2 397 Multiclass @ Nurburgring - Saturday 16 Nov 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
the best of the night for me was that despite the problems, I had a lot of fun, the second best was the pole, the rest to forget, of course the ISI tires have nothing to do with those of studio 397, I left with soft tires that did not last long, ... say that a senna hit me, I throw myself out and go back, there is no way to have a quiet start to the race ... Stop the pit to put rubber bands, and next lap again you see pit a Putting gas, the best thing was that in two stops I change my wheels, ... it has been a disaster:mad::mad::mad:, ... congratulations to the podium:thumbsup:, ... that good kresh, ... it has been great, congratulations of course ;):thumbsup:, ... to thank Craig for this great event, great job Craig encourage:thumbsup:;)

If only other cars were as much fun to drive as the GT500 is... (not saying anything ;) )
I made the mistake of changing tyres when I probably would've easily manage until the end with the old ones, not knowing how much time it would cost me (yeah, should've had that figured out before the race, but...). But I mean, if this is how making mistakes looks like, I'll happily make them all day long ;)
Well done @Kresh, you drove well and had the strategy worked out perfectly :)

Thanks for the race!

Indeed Martin, 2 nights ago was my first drive in the GT500, I fell in love with her.

I was really surprised about getting only 2 or 3 drivers for the Senna, it is obviously a dead duck car, this is the third time I have put this car in an event and failed every time, have no idea why? again I found her to be a great drive.

Did not really get any battles but it was nice to bring her home :D

Congrads to the podiums, super pace :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and congrads to the other drivers that brought her home :thumbsup:

Nascar next week at riverside ..although it is currently not looking good, I hope the event will manage to become official...(10+)

Ugh, while I normally try my best to save tires and be consistent, this time I was very glad that the damage was set to low! Spun or left the track almost every lap which got me down from first to - finally - third. Sorry Juan for maybe doing a bit of a dive bomb into T1 on lap 1 and also had to avoid the Senna's.

@Martin Fiala I indeed noticed you changing your tires while I had a short 8second stop. Too bad I spun 30sec after leaving the pits giving you your place back.

Thanks Craig for choosing this great combo (a lot more fun than GT3 in my opinion). Also good to see some decent number on the Ring!

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for hosting!

@Fucitol Yeah, I wasn't sure if pitting was a good idea at the time, so I thought I would also take tyres to make up for the stop as much as possible...but I didn't realize it would be 6 seconds stop vs almost 30 seconds.

Still, I was only 5 seconds behind Kresh when we crossed the finish line, the gap was shrinking pretty quickly throughout the last lap. So it almost was worth it. Almost ;)

• Deleted member 855537

I had a shitty setup, did not know what lap time to aim for since none of the other senna drivers did do any laps before the race.

• Deleted member 855537

Is there any way to get more feedback from the tires? I can't really feel when the wheels lock up.

Well done @Kresh, you drove well and had the strategy worked out perfectly :)

Thanks for the race!
Thank you mate, I didn't really have a strategy I wanted to go with the hards as the softs were going after 2 laps for me, before the start of the race I heard CrewChief say the leader is on softs and I changed to mediums, by the end I got only 22% left on the fronts, my car was all over the place, I was just trying to keep it on track and finish without any major mistakes because you were gaining on me very quickly. I think if the track was couple of more corners longer you would definitely had me :D . Great job from you to keep it that long with the softs, I couldn't do it my self.

This car is truly a great car, once you get in tune with it man it can be very satisfying to throw around Nords. It was great racing all around as always.

Congrats to everyone who finished. Looking forward to more races with you guys and thanks to @Craig Dunkley again for organizing and hosting these events and to everybody working behind the scenes in RD.:thumbsup:

I don't know exactly why, but when rfactor 2 fails, duplicating rcd files, the circuit has a lot of stuttering

I was looking for these rcd files but I'm not finding any (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). Granted I was driving the Senna yesterday. It has crashed on me a few times so I'd like to avoid any future mishaps.

Funny thing though, I didn't realise the Senna has DRS until 20 mins left...tried it and it wasn't working, but maybe my button was incorrectly mapped.

I had a shitty setup, did not know what lap time to aim for since none of the other senna drivers did do any laps before the race.

Yea, I got home late so I couldn't do anything but 1 qualifying lap...ran on default setup other than making 6th and 7th gear 1 click shorter. I think you had pretty good pace, it's just the mistake made the difference. The car seems to lean towards oversteer at default setup so it's a tricky car to drive fast, especially during 8 laps of Nords.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I used to have that problem (not knowing what time to aim for), but then I realized it's more of a psychological fallacy: it shouldn't matter if the competition is 1 second faster or 10...If your car is getting to top speed on the longest straight, if the car is just on the edge of controllable and you're pushing at your hardest, then knowing the times or not will usually be irrelevant (i.e. you won't magically gain seconds if you're giving it your absolute best)...and unless you're an alien (and even then sometimes!), there's always someone faster than you...it's best to just run your race and hope it's good enough in the end.

• Deleted member 855537

I was looking for these rcd files but I'm not finding any (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). Granted I was driving the Senna yesterday. It has crashed on me a few times so I'd like to avoid any future mishaps.

Funny thing though, I didn't realise the Senna has DRS until 20 mins left...tried it and it wasn't working, but maybe my button was incorrectly mapped.

Yea, I got home late so I couldn't do anything but 1 qualifying lap...ran on default setup other than making 6th and 7th gear 1 click shorter. I think you had pretty good pace, it's just the mistake made the difference. The car seems to lean towards oversteer at default setup so it's a tricky car to drive fast, especially during 8 laps of Nords.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I used to have that problem (not knowing what time to aim for), but then I realized it's more of a psychological fallacy: it shouldn't matter if the competition is 1 second faster or 10...If your car is getting to top speed on the longest straight, if the car is just on the edge of controllable and you're pushing at your hardest, then knowing the times or not will usually be irrelevant (i.e. you won't magically gain seconds if you're giving it your absolute best)...and unless you're an alien (and even then sometimes!), there's always someone faster than you...it's best to just run your race and hope it's good enough in the end.
The problem i had was it would not turn in slow corners and with no feedback on the brakes i had to start braking to far from the corners. But i am trying to find a solution for the ffb problems or i just have to wait to i get the DD Base.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.8%