rF2 397 GT3 @ Watkins - Fri 30 August 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I don't know what it was but it didn't feel like I had full control last night. Car felt very floaty and it felt like there were assists on or something.
TC was set to 3 or 4

I don't know what it was but it didn't feel like I had full control last night. Car felt very floaty and it felt like there were assists on or something.
Make sure you don't have steering help on: default key is F1, very easy to hit when pressing Esc to get out of the car... I ended up un-mapping this key to make sure I don't press it accidently! :D

Looks like my stop and go wasn't a bug. I was given the penalty due to going too slow in the formation lap from exiting the pits to the middle of the back straight (i was going almost 200kph to catch up). I have to admit the pace of the formation lap was really fast initially, by the time I exited the pits P1 was at or beyond turn 3. Is there any chance we can limit the speed of the formation lap? some still had to stick to the pit limit speed at the mid to end of the field.

Looks like my stop and go wasn't a bug. I was given the penalty due to going too slow in the formation lap from exiting the pits to the middle of the back straight (i was going almost 200kph to catch up). I have to admit the pace of the formation lap was really fast initially, by the time I exited the pits P1 was at or beyond turn 3. Is there any chance we can limit the speed of the formation lap? some still had to stick to the pit limit speed at the mid to end of the field.

Yes I have to agree, I was midfield and when it said go go go ..there was no driver behind me in sight.

Maybe we should just use a standing start?

The only way you can limit is to use the pit speed limiter.

Please no, those cars are really not made for standing starts...:x3:

It's true we were not bunched up but the good point in that case is we didn't get a pile up in t1 :whistling: But yes, we should all try to keep together, in double file a couple corners before the start line. Part of the learning experience I guess.

So you started from the pits Ismael, missed the grid? Nice that you had a look and are telling us, I guess some previous people didn't get that far and made us talk wrongly about bugs. :D

Yep, but difficult to enforce

Speed was not fast up front on formation lap, mostly 3rd gear at 110-120, I think Henri was consistant and not speeding.

Speed was not fast up front on formation lap, mostly 3rd gear at 110-120, I think Henri was consistant and not speeding.
If this is true then I guess it was just a problem with starting from the pits, Henri has like 10m of pit Lane speed before hitting 120kph while the rest of us will have more time the further back we go.

Henri is here
Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.31 - 21.25.23.48-min.png

while the last guy from the pits is here
Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.31 - 21.23.34.71-min.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back