rF2 397 GT3 @ VIR - Friday 22 Nov 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry guys for leaving early. I don't feel good about that, but I wasn't in the mood to continue.

I know that the cars on the lead lap are responsible for passing the lapped cars, and I take full responsibility for the incidents I was involved in. But there were too many instances when those lapped cars, while not fighting with anyone, are not making it easy for the leaders to pass by.

And then in the end you have a lapped car that cuts the Oak Corner through and returns on the other side, as if nothing happened, and then takes the defensive line through the hardest braking point in the entire track.
I am responsible for the contact, but I cannot conceive a reason why those drivers don't show a little bit more respect to those they don't even race against.

I'm not gonna file any reports nor point the names, but I'd like us to have fun, and dealing with the traffic like it was for me today, makes me think twice before I will sign up to race again.

Sorry guys for leaving early. I don't feel good about that, but I wasn't in the mood to continue.

I know that the cars on the lead lap are responsible for passing the lapped cars, and I take full responsibility for the incidents I was involved in. But there were too many instances when those lapped cars, while not fighting with anyone, are not making it easy for the leaders to pass by.

And then in the end you have a lapped car that cuts the Oak Corner through and returns on the other side, as if nothing happened, and then takes the defensive line through the hardest braking point in the entire track.
I am responsible for the contact, but I cannot conceive a reason why those drivers don't show a little bit more respect to those they don't even race against.

I'm not gonna file any reports nor point the names, but I'd like us to have fun, and dealing with the traffic like it was for me today, makes me think twice before I will sign up to race again.
I cannot help but think you are directing some of you ire at me as I was the one who you passed and then went in hot to the first turn, thus forcing you out wide. It was then that you questioned why lapped traffic was racing you.

I was not racing you and left you plenty of room on the inside. If you have taken the line slower I would have allowed you the room to complete the turn and pulled in behind you. As it was, as we were going down the straight I breathed off the gas to give you position and then ensured I stayed with my line. When you went in hot you did it on your own, I did not force you to and I was willing to give it up to you. I was able to re-pass you because I took a very late apex (giving you plenty of room) thus was able to cut back down the the inside as you slid through. That is not "racing" you, that is merely continuing on with my race with every intention of letting you pass once you were back up to me ( as I did later on the back stretch), without unduly delaying my own race.

What you also have to remember is that we are racing too, for our own position. We should not hold you up, we should allow you to pass when it is safe, but we are not obligated to ruin our race for you. Your obligation is to make the pass safely for both parties.

I did, indeed make a mistake coming out of Oak Corner but that was not the incident you were referring to. My mistake was trying to make room for P2 and moving right, right into the line he was taking. I did this because of your complaint, yet my choosing to change my line made for contact between P2 and I.

For that I apologize profusely to P2.

I am sorry you felt I was racing you and forced you to do a move you were not prepared for or was beyond your capabilities. Perhaps in the future you could communicate over TS. If you have done so I could have told you which way I was going to go, or asked you which way you wanted to go. This is something I am used to but I failed to do this today, and for that I do apologize to you and P2. Or you could have waited until you could pass safely. I have no problem breathing on the gas to give you an opportunity to pass on a straight, as I did for you and many others who wanted to pass me.

But, please do not lay blame on someone who gave you every opportunity to pass safely, gave you plenty of room and had no intention of fighting you for position but had every intention of fighting for my own position and not just slowing so you could feel safe in passing. I had my own race and to accede to you to the extent I lose too much time is not fair of anyone who desires making a pass on lapped traffic.

I cannot help but think you are directing some of you ire at me as I was the one who you passed and then went in hot to the first turn, thus forcing you out wide. It was then that you questioned why lapped traffic was racing you.

I was not racing you and left you plenty of room on the inside. If you have taken the line slower I would have allowed you the room to complete the turn and pulled in behind you. As it was, as we were going down the straight I breathed off the gas to give you position and then ensured I stayed with my line. When you went in hot you did it on your own, I did not force you to and I was willing to give it up to you. I was able to re-pass you because I took a very late apex (giving you plenty of room) thus was able to cut back down the the inside as you slid through. That is not "racing" you, that is merely continuing on with my race with every intention of letting you pass once you were back up to me ( as I did later on the back stretch), without unduly delaying my own race.

What you also have to remember is that we are racing too, for our own position. We should not hold you up, we should allow you to pass when it is safe, but we are not obligated to ruin our race for you. Your obligation is to make the pass safely for both parties.

I did, indeed make a mistake coming out of Oak Corner but that was not the incident you were referring to. My mistake was trying to make room for P2 and moving right, right into the line he was taking. I did this because of your complaint, yet my choosing to change my line made for contact between P2 and I.

For that I apologize profusely to P2.

I am sorry you felt I was racing you and forced you to do a move you were not prepared for or was beyond your capabilities. Perhaps in the future you could communicate over TS. If you have done so I could have told you which way I was going to go, or asked you which way you wanted to go. This is something I am used to but I failed to do this today, and for that I do apologize to you and P2. Or you could have waited until you could pass safely. I have no problem breathing on the gas to give you an opportunity to pass on a straight, as I did for you and many others who wanted to pass me.

But, please do not lay blame on someone who gave you every opportunity to pass safely, gave you plenty of room and had no intention of fighting you for position but had every intention of fighting for my own position and not just slowing so you could feel safe in passing. I had my own race and to accede to you to the extent I lose too much time is not fair of anyone who desires making a pass on lapped traffic.

@2112 Greg, you didn't make it easy, that's true, but I wasn't referring to you. Peace! :)

Last edited:

1. Watch a clip - video not needed anymore - removed
2. After 1st incident you broke the golden rule - didn't waited for the car
3. My return to the track was the safest way I was able to manage after this incident
4. That was my usual line to take this corner
5. Be good example first before judging others

Last edited:
It is a bit sad that a folded driver does not slow down a bit, to let me pass ... for not slowing down, I just left the track, thanks for contesting the position when I was 6th ...:(

Last edited:
1. Watch a clip
2. After 1st incident you broke the golden rule - didn't waited for the car
3. My return to the track was the safest way I was able to manage after this incident
4. That was my usual line to take this corner
5. Be good example first before judging others
Let's not be silly. You're asking for respecting the golden rule that pertains to the cars fighting for position, while you're cutting the corner miles inside of it, and you call it your "normal line" and the safest way to return to the track? By posting the video You've dug a hole underneath yourself.

Let's not be silly. You're asking for respecting the golden rule that pertains to the cars fighting for position, while you're cutting the corner miles inside of it, and you call it your "normal line" and the safest way to return to the track? By posting the video You've dug a hole underneath yourself.
The normal line - I was refering to the second corner that you said it was defensive. Of course cutting the track was not my usual line I posted the video because it shows clearly what happened. There are no personal datails on video. I don't have any bad feelings to you, I just like clear situations, that's all.

In the clip I am the grey-orange Porsche right behind @xoSx.Racing. I think even the video makes it a bit difficult to judge exactly what happened at each contact.

I just spend some time watching the replay.

@tim80810 I think your rejoin was okay but I think it would've been also safe to rejoin well before the Oak tree corners. If you think you could not have done it safely then it was fine to rejoin later as you did. Safe rejoins are important.
After 1st incident you broke the golden rule - didn't waited for the car
This is true. As per rules. I don't think there is any differentiation whether it's a lapped car or not. But I can understand the frustration after the incident because there was a lapped car involved. But as @xoSx.Racing said it was on him to pass safely. There was just a very, very big speed difference through those corner(s) and it no doubt was a big surprise. Well done on Dastan to not rearend you in the first place!
That was my usual line to take this corner
Everyone is entitled to take the lines they do. However, usually the racing line is not just the fastest but also the safest as it has the most grip. And in the video it does look like you are taking a defensive line. I don't think there's any way for Dastan to know that it was your normal racing line. So the problem was confusion and that's never safe in close racing.

This is also why it is safest for lapped cars to stay on the racing line and let the faster cars initiate the overtake.

Tomasz, the Porsche is also the hardest car to drive over a race due to how its balance changes over time. But I can give some tips to make it "safer" and more stable.

Was a very enjoyable race. Came 5th which is a good result for me. Was racing with Juan for some time. Thanks Juan you are very fair and safe driver :thumbsup:

And thanks Craig for organising :thumbsup:
Thank you very much for those beautiful words, the folded pilot did not let himself bend and weighed that he was no longer by my side, ... but it was not like that, accident and off-piste, with two three minutes left ... he was going 11th and I 6th behind you, but he threw me off track:mad: :( :( :( , not letting himself fold, congratulations to the podium, to the participants, to craig, and of course to you too:thumbsup:;)

@2112 Sorry if I scared you when I overtook you in T13/14 :D It was somewhat aggressive as I was desperate to stay close to @xoSx.Racing as I felt it was my only hope to keep up :D
No worries. We are all racing, some faster than others. I try to keep an eye on splits and positions just so I know who is coming up, if they are faster, when I expect them to be up to me and where I can let them go.

I also do not mind a bit of rubbing in these races either. That does not mean I like to rub, but I allow for it. I usually race in the US races and we do a bit of rubbing, but none of those guys are bad drivers, we are all just jostling for position. While this is my first race with you guys I was confident you all were the same type of drivers (you are), so if there was some rubbing it was not because you over-drove the car, or did something stupid, you were just racing.

I knew I was slow coming in today. 1st time in those cars and very few minutes to get a reasonable set-up so I just closed my eyes and guessed at a reasonable set-up. I expected to be one of those lapped.

Thank you for the courtesy and thank you all for allowing me to drop in and race unannounced.

1. Thank you @Tero Dahlberg for referring essentially to the points I posted.
2. I think there's room for improvement for everyone and that's the value RD community delivers
3. I'm more than welcome to know how to make Porsche more stable although car feeling over the race was stable until high impacting hits came to me ;)
4. My overall race experience was good - after crash I just thought to myself - "hold my beer" - I will finish the race no matter what :) ? I'm always trying to finish the races no matter what position I have because I think this is the right and fair thing to do
5. Patience in race craft seems as important as good pace
6. Thank's to all participants for the race have good weekend and see you soon

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline