rF2 397 GT3 @ VIR - Friday 22 Nov 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Craig Dunkley @Daiman Patel
I'm experiencing Package Not Available message trying to get on server.

Well basically that means either the track or your cars are a different version to what is on the server. The server is right up to date both with the cars and the track, so you have a track or cars that need updating. Steam should be doing this in the background for you, but there has been many occasions when steam has not updated what is should.

Server = cars and track up to date - You = cars or track or both not up to date ...hence error message.

Go to steam workshop and unscribe from the track ..

With that done, go to you packages folder in rF2, in there you will see a lot of files ending with .rfmod...check to see if there is a RD_S397GT3_VIR_v10.rfmod file present, yours may have a slightly different name, basically any file that has VIR in.....delete this file.

Now fire up your rF2 menu ..now cose it back down. Now go back to

and re-subscribe....now fire up rF2 and see if you can get on the server? ..still get the same error message? then it has to be your cars.

Go to your steam inventory
Click on the car you want to Unsubscribe from
Click view workshop item
Now Unsubscribe from the car
Do that for every car in the GT3 Packs
Fire up your rF2 menu
Close rF2 menu down

Now Subscribed again to all the GT3 cars
Now fire up RF2 and it now should force steam to update the GT3 packs

This fix will normally fix 99% of problems, if it does not, than you may have a more serious issue and you would be best advised to post you problem at the S397 support forum, where I am sure you will be given professional advice on how to solve your problem.

Well basically that means either the track or your cars are a different version to what is on the server. The server is right up to date both with the cars and the track, so you have a track or cars that need updating. Steam should be doing this in the background for you, but there has been many occasions when steam has not updated what is should.

Server = cars and track up to date - You = cars or track or both not up to date ...hence error message.

Go to steam workshop and unscribe from the track ..

With that done, go to you packages folder in rF2, in there you will see a lot of files ending with .rfmod...check to see if there is a RD_S397GT3_VIR_v10.rfmod file present, yours may have a slightly different name, basically any file that has VIR in.....delete this file.

Now fire up your rF2 menu ..now cose it back down. Now go back to

and re-subscribe....now fire up rF2 and see if you can get on the server? ..still get the same error message? then it has to be your cars.

Go to your steam inventory
Click on the car you want to Unsubscribe from
Click view workshop item
Now Unsubscribe from the car
Do that for every car in the GT3 Packs
Fire up your rF2 menu
Close rF2 menu down

Now Subscribed again to all the GT3 cars
Now fire up RF2 and it now should force steam to update the GT3 packs

This fix will normally fix 99% of problems, if it does not, than you may have a more serious issue and you would be best advised to post you problem at the S397 support forum, where I am sure you will be given professional advice on how to solve your problem.

Just so you know, in this post you're pointing to the mod version of the VIR, while the server uses the Reiza's version, according to the first post in this thread. I didn't have the paid version. Sorry for causing trouble. :p

Just so you know, in this post you're pointing to the mod version of the VIR, while the server uses the Reiza's version, according to the first post in this thread. I didn't have the paid version. Sorry for causing trouble. :p

Yes I know ..I was using it as an example ..hence why I said ..yours may have a slightly different name, basically any file that has VIR in.....delete this file :p

Sign me up please! :)
And this time I’ll either use the other method for custom skins or going with the standard skins included in the game.

(However I do think I’ve found at least one issue within the .RCD that was created with my skin that might have caused last weeks problems, but I have yet to made any practical test on my theory.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.2%