rF2 397 GT3 @ Sebring - Friday 14 June 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'd love to race tomorrow, but both GT3 packs have disappeared from my rFactor and the way of restoring them mentioned above didn't work. I won't have time to figure it out before the race.

In a case like yours ..first I would delete any and all reference to the GT3 cars ..so check your packages folder and start the game up (launcher) and click on the box ..you will now be presented with EVERYTHING you have installed. Click the "refresh list" highlight any GT3 car and delete them (use the delete button) ..remove EVERY 397 GT3 car. Close down the launcher ...now run the launcher again and it now should install all the GT3 cars...keep reading IF it does not ...

If the above fails? then I would delete the game via steam ...first copy your packages folder and place it somewhere (steam does not delete your packages folder, but better to be safe) now delete your packages folder yourself, (it will now force steam to install a fresh packages folder) when you ask steam to re-install, it will also install all your subscribed workshop items :thumbsup:

Make sure everything is working before doing anything reference the packages folder ...now you can start adding files from your old packages folder to the new one.

Last edited:
Keep getting a missing packages error while logging in on the server, while i have them all.
Latest version and everything re-downloaded just to be sure.
Hope i don't have to re-install just for this race. it's on both my rF2 installs, on different systems.
RD_S397_GT3_Sebring_v19.0610.rfmod is also present in the packages folder

That it's not telling what package is actually missing or corrupt does not help with such a amount of content. If i need to re-install my rF2 it will take half a day just to re-install all my subscriptions.

upload_2019-6-14_13-48-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-14_13-48-29.png
    upload_2019-6-14_13-48-29.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Keep getting a missing packages error while logging in on the server, while i have them all.
Latest version and everything re-downloaded just to be sure.
Hope i don't have to re-install just for this race. it's on both my rF2 installs, on different systems.
RD_S397_GT3_Sebring_v19.0610.rfmod is also present in the packages folder

That it's not telling what package is actually missing or corrupt does not help with such a amount of content. If i need to re-install my rF2 it will take half a day just to re-install all my subscriptions.

View attachment 310483

Make sure your RF2 launcher is closed and delete this RD_S397_GT3_Sebring_v19.0610.rfmod. Hopefully this will work.

If it does not I can only recommend that you post your problem on the official RF2 site..

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?forums/technical-support.138/

Make sure your RF2 launcher is closed and delete this RD_S397_GT3_Sebring_v19.0610.rfmod. Hopefully this will work.

If it does not I can only recommend that you post your problem on the official RF2 site..
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?forums/technical-support.138/

No... Sorry does nothing for me. Clueless and without any details on the error i have to let go for tonight.
If I can't even log in with 100% official content on a server, i just don't have time for this sh*t to solve.
While any other online racing game works flawless on my systems.

So write me out for tonight, i have a few days to spare i might try again.

No... Sorry does nothing for me. Clueless and without any details on the error i have to let go for tonight.
If I can't even log in with 100% official content on a server, i just don't have time for this sh*t to solve.
While any other online racing game works flawless on my systems.

So write me out for tonight, i have a few days to spare i might try again.

Yeah sorry, sounds like you will have to delete via steam ...it will not delete your packages folder and will auto subscribed you to all your workshop items ..problem is it takes around 2 hours depending on your workshop items of course.

There is always one or two users with a problem every week, I am so looking forward to the new UI and hope all these issues are resolved.

Yeah sorry, sounds like you will have to delete via steam ...it will not delete your packages folder and will auto subscribed you to all your workshop items ..problem is it takes around 2 hours depending on your workshop items of course.

There is always one or two users with a problem every week, I am so looking forward to the new UI and hope all these issues are resolved.

Well i backup my work and let the steam re-install my rF2 install... so keep my precense for tonight optional.
Hate it when things won't work out of the box. Especially with offical content.
That should always work.

Having an issue getting my fanatic gear to be recognised?

Also is there a tyre widget like in assetto to see temps?

There are a few third party apps, but for now I would stick to default.

you will find these settings under DISPLAY

click settings (while in game) and map .. LCD MODE - LCD UP - LCD DOWN - LCD INCREASE - LCD DECREASE ....now in driver mode use LCD MODE and get your tire info up

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%