rF2 397 GT3 @ Nordschleife - Friday 15 Nov 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
got a decent start despite getting bumped a few times.
by getting bumped u mean u driving into me and pushing me off track on the first lap causing me to lose many places and you didn't even slow down or said sorry, completely ignoring the Golden Rule.

Despite the places I lost at the start I had great fun battling with many on track, some great racing all around hard but fair.

Thanks to @Craig Dunkley for organizing this event and being there. Respect mate and hopefully you get well soon.

Custom skins are just messed up since last spring. It used to work really well but it is giving lots of problem for months, sometimes leading to people downloading hundreds or thousands times the same rcd file and messing up there game, as Juan is reporting. I don't think we can do much about it, apart from avoiding custom skins unfortunately... I was trying again after using only original skins for months. One more glitch to add to the long list of broken features in rF2, with no fixing from the devs...:(
Yeah, sadly that's the case. I think the other method that doesn't involve creating a .RCD file is safe(r). Meaning not creating a custom team ie. virtual ride.
At the end of the 3th lap I started losing grip very quickly and spun out. No grip anymore (Porsche) and crashed and had to quit.

Last race on the Ring I drove the Callaway and it was a lot more predictable. How do you guys keep having the same pace throughout the whole race with soft tires fading? I usually start losing 1-2 seconds per lap around +- 25 minutes in the race (on the ring even 4-5 seconds)
The Porsche is a different beast! I don't know how competitive Porsche truly is over a race stint. I think IRL this "911.1 GT3 R" (old model) wasn't quite on par with some of the other cars. That said, it still won races!

The front going light as fuel is used and engine being way at back makes it quite undesirable in terms of handling over a stint. You have to set it up to have some understeer at the start of the race and then it should still be good mid-race or late in the race.

I enjoy that challenge and its slight underdog status :)

But it's also been up and down for me in the past RD races with it. I haven't done any setup work between races so progress has been slow in that respect. But I feel it's quite nice right now. That said, I thought so earlier and then in the Ibarra race I had decent one lap pace but struggled understeer whole race and just got slower and slower. Couple of race before that the Autopolis race was a total disaster and I was spinning and super frustrated. Suzuka last week was quite nice already.
It seems like the Porsche + Nordschleife + rF2 tyres don't go as well together as in real life.

I remember commentators saying, at thr last nords 24h, that the Porsche would be very nice to the tyres around that track, which was a reason they won it.

I tried the car once and yes, rear tyres all over the place :confused:
I had no real issues with tyres, heat or wear. It was quite even front to rear. That said my pace wasn't maybe quite up there either. So maybe in rF2 Porsche doesn't have a "special" relationship with Nords. But a lot is the setup too. And I think the Porsche is the trickiest to setup. As they say; it has the engine at the wrong end.

some images, I was trapped between Rasmus and Gasper Zupan, who took off my stickers in that overtaking:confused::thumbsup:
Rasmus was on the prowl... and i:confused: :speechless: :thumbsdown:

GRAB_314.JPG

Claudio,George,Gazper,Juan,Rasmus
GRAB_317.JPG
GRAB_319.JPG
GRAB_321.JPG

Yeah, sadly that's the case. I think the other method that doesn't involve creating a .RCD file is safe(r). Meaning not creating a custom team ie. virtual ride.
Yes, good point. That seems safer as it doesn't lead into issue for other people. But broken too: when using skins that way, all the others using the same car show up with my skin. I even had a P2 wearing my Vette skin last time I tried... :rolleyes:

some images, I was trapped between Rasmus and Gasper Zupan, who took off my stickers in that overtaking:confused::thumbsup:
Rasmus was on the prowl... and i:confused: :speechless: :thumbsdown:

View attachment 334745

Claudio,George,Gazper,Juan,Rasmus
View attachment 334746View attachment 334752View attachment 334753

Awesome pictures!

Did some laps again today and I think I could've chased Andy if I wouldn't have my qualy lap invalidated.
Had some pace laying around to hunt from the back of the grid :D
Sorry if you had trouble because of me :inlove:

Last edited:
@Magnus Dahlgren
if you put a skins that looks white, the skins are blocked with the RCD files,
I would appreciate that when someone says they don't load their skin, please change it again.
I just deleted 21,000 files, ...the start of rfactor took 10 minutes...
:(:(:(:(:(

@marek2209
in curve 3, you put me off track, when closing inside the curve, I don't make a claim, but you me leave the last, but you don't wait for me...
we go back to 6th place, but it was the very hard fight ..,
Congratulations the podium.
Great event, thank you very much Craig, don't worry, a big hug:);)

Sorry to hear that Juan, I didn't even notice; I have been spun in corner 2 and did my best to stay on track.. So obviously I just didn't see you in this moment, sorry!

Unfortunately, one driver bumped me multiple times at Bergwerk/Kesselchen so I nearly have spun at 250+ kph, that's where I got angry and loud in TS, very unfair and dangerous behaviour there.. :thumbsdown:

Sorry to hear that Juan, I didn't even notice; I have been spun in corner 2 and did my best to stay on track.. So obviously I just didn't see you in this moment, sorry!

Unfortunately, one driver bumped me multiple times at Bergwerk/Kesselchen so I nearly have spun at 250+ kph, that's where I got angry and loud in TS, very unfair and dangerous behaviour there.. :thumbsdown:
Apologies accepted, no problem:) ;)

Pretty sure that was me. I was going to check out a few incidents with you, but then had forgotten about it all. But since you brought it up... Pretty sure it was three different contacts at three different places on the track. Never multiple contacts in quick succession.

Before the contact at Kesselchen, on the same lap on entry to Schwedenkreuz I showed my nose on your left and in reaction you move over to the point where I have to lift off slightly. I then have to enter the corner on the inside line and while it's normally a slight lift for me on the racing line, I brake lightly but not quite enough and we make light corner to corner touch that puts me sideways.

Then you go a bit too deep into the first corner at Ex-Mühle and I take a tighter line and get a better run out. You're on the kerb, wide of the racing line, I'm slightly left of the racing line. You move left over to the racing line like I'm not there and bump me on the grass.

I'm getting somewhat annoyed at this point.

Bergwerk/Kesselchen. You get loose in the kink, lift and catch the car and end up on the left side of the road. I am right on your bumper and clip the kerb where you get loose. That puts me slightly wide on the right and my wheels are just on the grass. For safety I keep the car straight, right side tyres just on grass and then on the kerb in the always flat right that follows. It's basically a straight. But you decide to come over from left all the way right and push me more on the grass and I think I even scrape the guardrail.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 451 39.3%