rF2 397 GT3 @ Nordschleife - Friday 15 Nov 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Not gonna make it tonight, sign me out.
Sign me out, please:(

Too often something happens when you think you've prepared for the for the race...
This time I got too sick to participate.

Have great fun!
Sorry Craig but I’m going to have to sign out again :(

Sorry guys I'll not be able to make this one tonigh. Have a lot of fun and see you in the next one!

Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late start guys ...I had to have a morphine injection at 4pm and was feeling very rough ...I logged into rF2 around 7pm ...fell asleep and my wife woke me at just gone 8pm ..sadly I had no sound? done a qualifying lap with no sound :( ..decided I could not race with no sound. Once the race had started I rebooted my PC and the sound was back, but of course I had missed the race by then :(

I hope you all had a great race ...

Congrads of course to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and many congrads to all the drivers that finished :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week :thumbsup:

My race: or half of what was supposed to be. I secure Pole Position with a safe lap: the car was really good in the first part of the lap, while I had to back off in the last one because of an annoying oversteer. I thought that the issue was related to the soft tires, therefore I started the race without much concerns and with Medium tires. After Lap 1 I started to have the same issues, and by lap 2 the car was undrivable. I managed to hold my own for a couple of laps but my laptimes were at least 10 seconds of my ideal pace; i decided to stop therefore because I knew that it was always getting even worse and I couldn’t pit three times in 8 laps :). Any tips for me, please? Anyway I enjoyed the battle I had with the second. Unfortunately I knew it wasn’t going to last :(

Sorry for the late start guys ...I had to have a morphine injection at 4pm and was feeling very rough ...I logged into rF2 around 7pm ...fell asleep and my wife woke me at just gone 8pm ..sadly I had no sound? done a qualifying lap with no sound :( ..decided I could not race with no sound. Once the race had started I rebooted my PC and the sound was back, but of course I had missed the race by then :(

I hope you all had a great race ...

Congrads of course to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and many congrads to all the drivers that finished :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week :thumbsup:

No worries Craig, thanks for hosting all these races despite your situation :thumbsup:

Two races on Nords; two podiums! No idea how but yeah, that happened. Ended this race with 2 liters of fuel left and had to do a lot of fuel saving.

Did most of you guys start on softs and changed tires for the last lap? I ran mediums and they held somewhat for this race although I was about 4-5sec off my pace at the end. I didn't think softs would last more than three laps or so.

Thanks again for hosting Craig, and congrats Andy!

P.S. in each of these races there's at least one or two cars without a skin or even a complete car model, anyone else seeing that too?

Two races on Nords; two podiums! No idea how but yeah, that happened. Ended this race with 2 liters of fuel left and had to do a lot of fuel saving.

Did most of you guys start on softs and changed tires for the last lap? I ran mediums and they held somewhat for this race although I was about 4-5sec off my pace at the end. I didn't think softs would last more than three laps or so.

P.S. in each of these races there's at least one or two cars without a skin or even a complete car model, anyone else seeing that too?

Yeah there was a green Aston with half a rear end in front of me at the start

Well... :sick:
This race was a bit tragicomical for me, got a decent start despite getting bumped a few times. Then at midpoint I tried too hard to catch 3rd place which made me spin. Angry at myself I continue now one place further down only to see that that 3rd place-guy just after my spin left the race few seconds after I got going again! Patience truly is a virtue! Still in 4th due to my mistake, I work my way back upp and getting close again to 3rd, however it's time for me to pit and this is where it all falls apart. When I enter the pits I can't see the pit-marker, so I continue to drive confused almost the whole length of the pits until I realise that it might be at the beginning of the pits, and that I have missed it due to my colour blindness(deuteranopia), which was true! So I had to reverse through the whole pit area, slowly and bit by bit, because if I remember correctly that's the only way of not getting DQ'ed, and still, even this method isn't bulletproof. Luckily enough I managed not to get DQ'ed and was able to make my pit stop, but this whole process made me lose nearly three minutes. Thus a potential podium finish was definitely out the window, however I do take solace of managing to get back to a 9th place finish! Also had a go at fastest lap but messed it up at a few places! :geek:

Anyway, I had a great race guys! Some good battles before my major cock-up! And cheers Craig for hosting these fabulous events on fridays! :thumbsup:

Softs all the way, didn't change at the stop. But refueled a lap too much as I didn't notice there was almost a full lap worth of fuel still left :D

People have different thoughts but imo softs easily last an hour. Even more than that. Compounds in rF2 are a bit messed up imo. And have been for a while now. Really the only reason you'd maybe use mediums is if softs overheat, but that's quite unlikely imo. Especially as there's no variation in air and track temp, that would affect this.

Regarding qualy and race, lack of practice meant I wasn't quite up to pace. Well likely wouldn't have been able to challenge for pole anyway! But I focused on full tank running, consistency and stable setup throughout the race (very important with the Porsche!). Played out very well there but still made some small and big mistakes. P3 after a P10 start, very happy with that!

@Magnus Dahlgren
if you put a skins that looks white, the skins are blocked with the RCD files,
I would appreciate that when someone says they don't load their skin, please change it again.
I just deleted 21,000 files, ...the start of rfactor took 10 minutes...
:(:(:(:(:(

@marek2209
in curve 3, you put me off track, when closing inside the curve, I don't make a claim, but you me leave the last, but you don't wait for me...
we go back to 6th place, but it was the very hard fight ..,
Congratulations the podium.
Great event, thank you very much Craig, don't worry, a big hug:);)

Softs all the way, didn't change at the stop. But refueled a lap too much as I didn't notice there was almost a full lap worth of fuel still left :D

People have different thoughts but imo softs easily last an hour. Even more than that. Compounds in rF2 are a bit messed up imo. And have been for a while now. Really the only reason you'd maybe use mediums is if softs overheat, but that's quite unlikely imo. Especially as there's no variation in air and track temp, that would affect this.

Regarding qualy and race, lack of practice meant I wasn't quite up to pace. Well likely wouldn't have been able to challenge for pole anyway! But I focused on full tank running, consistency and stable setup throughout the race (very important with the Porsche!). Played out very well there but still made some small and big mistakes. P3 after a P10 start, very happy with that!
You were lucky that Kreshnik Halili went inbetween us at the end. I would've eaten your Porsche' rear before the checkered flag :D:roflmao:
Instead I took a few bites off the rear of Kreshnik's car right onto the start/finish straight.

Was a fun race at the end! Thanks guys! :)

Got pushed into someone at T2, spun him around, waited, last position for me..
Then I was faster but the guy played dirty on me a lot of times, pushing me against inside walls while side by side etc...
We went through the field though, which was fun!

Then he saaaadly spun on his own (Alonso's voice: KARMA) and I chased down another few cars before finishing 5th right at Kreshnik's Tail and Tero still in sight :)

@Magnus Dahlgren
if you put a skins that looks white, the skins are blocked with the RCD files,
I would appreciate that when someone says they don't load their skin, please change it again.
I just deleted 21,000 files, ...the start of rfactor took 10 minutes...
:(:(:(:(:(

@marek2209
in curve 3, you put me off track, when closing inside the curve, I don't make a claim, but you me leave the last, but you don't wait for me...
we go back to 6th place, but it was the very hard fight ..,
Congratulations the podium.
Great event, thank you very much Craig, don't worry, a big hug:);)

I'm sorry to have caused you problem! However I'm not quite sure what you mean? You never once told me there was something wrong with my skin? So this issue is something I was unaware of. The box was green which meant that it loaded correct to the server.
I don't see how the colour white could have anything to do with messing up the .RCD files, this is also something I would like to be explained for me.
Having 21,000 files sounds like some serious issues on your end or the game has a severe bug.
People have used personal skins and drivers online for years and the closet I've come to anything of an issue is that either the files loads incorrect(white car) or they are oriented wrong(messed up). I did get multiple files and folders once, from your car I think it was, that all metallic Porsche-skin. That's the closest I've had to an issue despite it not being an issue since I just had to delete the folders with the files since they were obsolete.

I gave you a set of the mclaren, after staying last, I had a good fight with you, with alex and with claudio, there was another pilot but with the vr the name does not come out ... I do not remember his name:):thumbsup:;)
At the end of the long staright you did well to hold it together. You were nearly sideways going into the corner.

Missed qualifying (lucky the race started a bit later) so started from P18.
Quickly went up to P8 and even at one point P6 where I was battling with @Kresh for the first 4 laps which was absolutely fantastic.

At the end of the 3th lap I started losing grip very quickly and spun out. No grip anymore (Porsche) and crashed and had to quit.

Last race on the Ring I drove the Callaway and it was a lot more predictable. How do you guys keep having the same pace throughout the whole race with soft tires fading? I usually start losing 1-2 seconds per lap around +- 25 minutes in the race (on the ring even 4-5 seconds)

Missed qualifying (lucky the race started a bit later) so started from P18.
Quickly went up to P8 and even at one point P6 where I was battling with @Kresh for the first 4 laps which was absolutely fantastic.

At the end of the 3th lap I started losing grip very quickly and spun out. No grip anymore (Porsche) and crashed and had to quit.

Last race on the Ring I drove the Callaway and it was a lot more predictable. How do you guys keep having the same pace throughout the whole race with soft tires fading? I usually start losing 1-2 seconds per lap around +- 25 minutes in the race (on the ring even 4-5 seconds)
That's the same issue I had. The fact is that it wasn't a proper tire wear but more like a rear overheating scenario. In Qualifying with the soft tires I had to take my outlap at 50KPH until the last corner; my rear was all over the place at the end of just one lap with softs. Coming to the race, nothing changed with mediums. One lap and the grip was gone. The fact is that I wasn't overdriving or sliding when I had the full capability of the tires. In the race I wasn't even trying to push but it seemed like that the setup couldn't dissipate the heat.

I'm sorry to have caused you problem! However I'm not quite sure what you mean? You never once told me there was something wrong with my skin? So this issue is something I was unaware of. The box was green which meant that it loaded correct to the server.
I didn't mention it yesterday but your skin wasn't loading for me as well: all white and a red dot. Weird that it showed green on your side, we can't rely on those indicators then? All other skins were loading fine for me. But obviously it is not that simple: someone is mentioning a half green Aston skin for him, that was me and I got a green indicator on my side...

Custom skins are just messed up since last spring. It used to work really well but it is giving lots of problem for months, sometimes leading to people downloading hundreds or thousands times the same rcd file and messing up there game, as Juan is reporting. I don't think we can do much about it, apart from avoiding custom skins unfortunately... I was trying again after using only original skins for months. One more glitch to add to the long list of broken features in rF2, with no fixing from the devs...:(

Last edited:
It seems like the Porsche + Nordschleife + rF2 tyres don't go as well together as in real life.

I remember commentators saying, at thr last nords 24h, that the Porsche would be very nice to the tyres around that track, which was a reason they won it.

I tried the car once and yes, rear tyres all over the place :confused:

I don't see how the colour white could have anything to do with messing up the .RCD files, this is also something I would like to be explained for me.
Having 21,000 files sounds like some serious issues on your end or the game has a severe bug.
People have used personal skins and drivers online for years and the closet I've come to anything of an issue is that either the files loads incorrect(white car) or they are oriented wrong(messed up). I did get multiple files and folders once, from your car I think it was, that all metallic Porsche-skin. That's the closest I've had to an issue despite it not being an issue since I just had to delete the folders with the files since they were obsolete.
the fault is really not yours, .. my partner claudio also saw his white skins, .. for some edition of the file or rfactor error, unable to load the skins file, the rcd file is played many times, when this It happens to start the rfactor the next time it takes about 10 minutes to start ,,, its label was red for me ,,, I know that it was your file because everyone else was fine ,,, if I have trouble again deactivate the downloads of the skins ,, but tonight I will put it to fight with the teammates .... do not worry that it is a fault of rfactor ,,, no problem here with the teammates ... say that the green aston skins, was green and was well I think ,,, I apologize if it is not translated correctly ,,, the language in a horror for my awkwardness ,,, sorry:(:(:(:(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 491 39.2%