rF2 397 GT3 @ Mid Ohio - Fri 19 July 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
With the possible issues likely related to failed syncing of custom liveries, here's a quick tutorial on an alternative method.

Ok, quick tutorial of sorts on how to have custom liveries without using .RCD files. This should also be a "safer" method in case something isn't done right as the game should just load the default livery. Not sure but with this method there might not be those red squares next to names that signify failed livery/skin syncing/sharing.

So, here's what you do:
- Select car that you want to apply the livery for. Can be any car that is part of the mod. Do not use so called virtual rides ie. custom teams that have been created by you or someone else (synced when you have been racing line)
- Click "Tuning" and in there click "Create dir" on bottom right

Now you have a folder under "player/Settings" for the chosen car and chosen default livery.
Any .DDS file that contains "alt" in the name can be placed there and then you can select it in-game from the "Tuning" menu.

And that's it!

I'll answer questions and if there is a need I'll consider a more detailed version but there really isn't much to this. And this isn't supposed to be a full on livery tutorial anyway.

This official "How to paint a car with the new material system" guide actually does what I explained but then they create a "custom team" before telling about the Car Paint Editor. But you don't need to do that for the editor to work.
https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/how-to-paint-a-car-with-the-new-material-system

Oh, and I was using this method last night.

Another track to learn, looks fun - kind of an Oulton Park vibe to it.

Count me in!

I've put a heavy box behind my pedals which hopefully means I won't keep kicking them away. :D

haha ..I have got bricks behind mine ..Welcome aboard m8 :thumbsup:

And also having checked the settings, they now work better too. Double-doh!

*Clubsports with the sensitivity knob at the wrong end, so pedal had a lot of travel before brakes really came in. It meant I was having to stamp to stop!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back