33 km RBR track

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
UPDATE: NEW 1.2 VERSION - The new update adds more variety to the terrain, much more grass, more surrounfing trees and SObjects were used to add the fencing & telegraph poles. Some textures were also updated. Enjoy!!

Sorry to anyone else who is gettng sore eyes from not blinking whilst playing. I have tested this track numerous times and after 3 days now have eyes that just won't stay open any longer. Long tracks are welcome, but take care and get some good rest in beteween. ;)

Description
============

As a test of the new RBR plugin I created a very rough track and covered it on objects. It's not the best design, not the prettiest, but a great proof of concept and I thought I'd share it with you as a taste of things to come with BTB v0.7.

Requires a high end graphics card capable of Instancing (typically SM3.0 onwards).

Stats:
- It's 33kms long.
- took less than 3 days to build, including the coding of a new BTB planter tool.
- takes about 26 minutes to drive with a few stops along the way to hug a tree.
- contains ~25,000 trees, a mixture of the new complex ones and some regular ones.
- over 250,000 objects.

On my machine it:
- loads in < 21 seconds.
- the new LOD system keeps the frame rate @60fps at 1920x1200 (running without Car Reflections)

No I don't need any feedback on how to improve the track - it's just a test. ;)

Disclaimer
============
This track has been made in under two days and as a test is not completed to it's full potential.
- There are no pacenotes because I don't have time.
- There is no camber because I don't have time so you will slipp off.
- There are no retaining walls because I don't have time; stray more than 20 meters from the edge of the road and you risk falling to infinity.
- The plugin is not compatible with previous versions of plugins - do not attemtp to run older tracks using this plugin. Note the current copy of BTB will, during export, overwrite the plugin automatically.

Credits
============
- black f - one plugin
- Brendon Pywell - one track

Attachments

• RBR1.jpg
    RBR1.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 720
  • RBR2.jpg
    RBR2.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 545
  • RBR3.jpg
    RBR3.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 477
  • RBR4.jpg
    RBR4.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 564
V 1.2 Road Country folders extracted into RBR directory and after launch, game and choose RX Plugin, It saws BobsTrackBuilderTrack and not the Road Country Roads V 1.2. Then and after choose the track, in objects, material, textures and Ini's screen stay frozed and after press a key, the game CTD.

Don't know the reason :dance2:

Spec:

- Dual Core E600, 2GB Ram, nVidia Ge Force 8800 GTS 640 MB ...

Have a nice day.

• jharro

V 1.2 Road Country folders extracted into RBR directory and after launch, game and choose RX Plugin, It saws BobsTrackBuilderTrack and not the Road Country Roads V 1.2. Then and after choose the track, in objects, material, textures and Ini's screen stay frozed and after press a key, the game CTD.

Don't know the reason :dance2:

Spec:

- Dual Core E600, 2GB Ram, nVidia Ge Force 8800 GTS 640 MB ...

Have a nice day.

if you don't post the log file(...Richard Burns Rally\RX_CONTENT\TEMP\log.txt) i can only guess you either use wrong plugin or wrong track files...

i can play this new version at 70 FPS, if i turn on the vertical sinc, it was stiky in 60 FPS everything fine.

i can´t play with reflections, but i belive that version is really better than before, the LOD is really good looking.

2exbszk.jpg

2mguj5l.jpg

• Steely69

Runs great, looks great thx guys!

Here's some pacenotes for the track. Far from perfect but they work mostly..

Attachments

• pacenotes.rar
    2.5 KB · Views: 279
Testing with following specs:

sysspecs.bmp

I can't work this out. If i run it in a window at 1024x768 and it stays a about 80fps. If I run it in fullscreen at say 1440x900 then it still runs between 60-75 fps and even if i run it at 1024x768 in fullscreen it's the same fps as if it were 1440x900. I've also tried making UseCubicEnvironmentMaps = false, and that doesn't make a difference anywhere. Also can't work out why loading time is so slow with these specs. Any suggestions?

• jharro

Testing with following specs:

sysspecs.bmp

I can't work this out. If i run it in a window at 1024x768 and it stays a about 80fps. If I run it in fullscreen at say 1440x900 then it still runs between 60-75 fps and even if i run it at 1024x768 in fullscreen it's the same fps as if it were 1440x900. I've also tried making UseCubicEnvironmentMaps = false, and that doesn't make a difference anywhere. Also can't work out why loading time is so slow with these specs. Any suggestions?

to max out the FPS in full screen disable v-sync(vertical synchronization) in nVidia control pannel.

Hi Brendon ..

This is really showing off BTB, It's a great Drive, But **** it's very hard with out Page notes Hehe, But the View and overall feeling of the experience is totally awesome, and lots of detail is still possible, but it's already much further detailed then expected, WOW :drool: and in that short time, i applau you Chef - it's truly a Awesome Job.. I also notits that there were clouds in the sky - Now thats is a big improvement for the builder, just great M8, What about adding sounds around the track ( maybe a stupid Q ) is that just the same as adding object ?..

I really would like to make a Remix of your finish work M8.. :party2:

Thanks Chef BtW!! A Mail will shortly drop into your mAil.boX ( I had to buy a new computer, ( Sad **** actually, Lots of hours lost in a split second, just because of a power-fail, a MB+CPU+ 2x HD's = 280GB of Backup Data ETC: Travel Images, like Textures, specials, privat, all BTB stuff, and all my Work so far, and that many hours of hard long nights is lost, HD totally death no responds, wont start up, maybe a good old slegdehammer will do the trick..HMM:honk:

Dream Extreme
Flagmo-T.

I see a bright future for this Rx_plugin. It have a lot improved since last version and it really impress me. The major flaw was about the speed and fog issue. Now that this has been sorted out, I don't know if I will build a stage for wallaby or rx_. What is stopping me a little honestly is that there is no mapping tool yet.

P.S.:Heeeey Flagmo-T, great to see you there mate ! Hopefully, we'll be able to see you more often online. :dance2:

I believe interesting also a mapping tool in BTB, I have performance issues for texturized, the current tools are user-friendly use.

but get the desired result would be more easy and leads less time with a tool of mapping, so load our textures.

It is only a personal opinion, I am unaware of the opinion of the rest of users, but I share of Jay_p_666.

THX for all have helped this magnificent work.

Sorry my English translator.

Thanks for the pace notes.

I am keen on making pacenotes to this track. Is it possible to download the btb-saved track, so i can edit the pacenotes in BTB.

I tried RBRdll, but it saves notes to wrong track (track_41.dls or something)

Or a way to show distance in meters while driving in RBR. So i can make notes like real rally (something like Showdistance = true in the ini file?), and then edit the pacenotes.ini file with my notes.
The standard hud show only 0.1km, and that is not near detailed enough.... :shame: And then it would have been good to have the list for notes to the ini file 1=medium right 2=easy right etc... and flags to the notes.

THanks for any reply, and sorry for my norwegian-english...:)

• Steely69

Here's a few of the 'types',

type=13 Distance Call
type=10 90 Right
type=5 Easy Left
type=6 Easy Right
type=4 Fast Left
type=7 Fast Right
type=3 Med Left
type=8 Med Right
type=2 K Left
type=9 K Right
type=1 90 Left
type=10 90 Right
type=0 Hairpin Left
type=11 Hairpin Right

I got them by doing a quick track, placing the pace notes and checking the pacenotes.ini file so if you want the rest just do that for them. I generated these pace notes using Excel, some dodgey calcs and the driveline.ini file. Could have been better with a better understanding of the driveline file, a better approach and some more refinements but they didn't come out too bad considering..

Here's a few of the 'types',

type=13 Distance Call
type=10 90 Right
type=5 Easy Left
type=6 Easy Right
type=4 Fast Left
type=7 Fast Right
type=3 Med Left
type=8 Med Right
type=2 K Left
type=9 K Right
type=1 90 Left
type=10 90 Right
type=0 Hairpin Left
type=11 Hairpin Right

I got them by doing a quick track, placing the pace notes and checking the pacenotes.ini file so if you want the rest just do that for them. I generated these pace notes using Excel, some dodgey calcs and the driveline.ini file. Could have been better with a better understanding of the driveline file, a better approach and some more refinements but they didn't come out too bad considering..

Thanks alot!

I've just edited rbrdll editor.dds file and removed all the buttons. So I only can se the distance meter on the left side. I guess i'll have som work to do... :wink2:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 472 39.0%