32 bit x 64 bit

OK I'm sure my pc is 64 bit and I have a 32 bit and 64 bit folder in rf2 so my question is this, what is the difference between the 2 bits and how do I enable it cheers.

If you have a 64 windows. rF2 will be in 64bit. Unless you choose to force 32bit in the launcher.

- plugins will work in 64 bit. ==> Bin64 folder. (Bin32 folder will be unused)

- more RAM can be used in 64bit. Virtually no RAM limit.

In general no big differences. In 32 bit your RAM will be limited. This not a big problem. Only the nordschleife with a lot of cars will exceed that limit.

upload_2015-1-2_17-9-26.png

"Only the nordschleife with a lot of cars will exceed that limit."

Mmmh, I've seen much difference between 32 and 64 bits.My PC config is this one:

Core i5 3330 3.00Ghz
4GB DDR3 PC15000 Crucial 186Mhz
GTX 650 Ti OC 2Go
Windows Seven
when I was on the 32 bits config, impossible to run the game correctly from 15 cars evolving around the track (or even just waiting in the pits), and the resolution was decreased to 1366*768, etc
Now on 64 bits with the same config, it's the maximumu resolution with my screen, 26 visibles cars, all the details I want, and the game run perfectly since that moment !

If it wasn't question about that improvment, I wouldn't have been able to compete on the VWSR 3.5 for sure, and I maybe I would have left rF2 for a long time !
That game is the first which makes me think about go to the 64 bits version OS.

Hi Jim,

This is completely normal. You have some non-ISI files in bin32 which adds to the file count.

The easiest way to determine if 64bit is running is to load the game, alt-tab to show desktop and then open task manager.
If it is 64bit, in task manager on the processes tab, the program will be listed as:
rFactor2.exe

If it is 32 bit, it will be displayed to you as:
rFactor2.exe (32 bit) or rFactor2.exe *32 on older systems.

This has totally gone haywire, I've messed about with my folders and task manager now shows rfactor 2 (32 bit) I can't face doing a clean install as I've got all my mods and tracks nicely in the game but not sure now what to do.

This has totally gone haywire, I've messed about with my folders and task manager now shows rfactor 2 (32 bit) I can't face doing a clean install as I've got all my mods and tracks nicely in the game but not sure now what to do.
So what did you learn ;-).

Anyway check in your settings if force 32 bit is checked, uncheck if it is :).

I did some testing this morning and I forced 32 bit so I can try and record with obs but I didn't notice any changes to the game play or graphics or anything to be honest so still not sure what difference if any there is.

I did some testing this morning and I forced 32 bit so I can try and record with obs but I didn't notice any changes to the game play or graphics or anything to be honest so still not sure what difference if any there is.
Try to load up the Nordschleife with a decent amount of cars and you will see the diffrence, because it wont load at all in 32Bit mode. It doesnt change graphics or something, but it allows rF2 to allocate more than 3.5 GB of RAM, which you need on bigger tracks. Also the start up time from the launcher is much better, if you have lots of content installed. No idea if performance in general is improved, but for the nordschleife I have to turn down the graphics a lot to get it even running with 40 cars, because rF2 doesnt have enough RAM in 32 Bit mode.

I have a 64bit computer but for some reason it won't load tracks in 64bit mode. So I am still dorced to use 32bit does that mean I won't be able to race on the 28th with a big grid?
I would like to find out why I can't use 64bit but noone knows why I can't cause all I get is gmotor error and that's it

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%