Skins 300zx z31 help

What's up? Looking to create a skin for z31 and I saw some tutorials about handle .dds files and something like that. But the problem is... The dds file for this z31 is a hell. I can't do anything with that. I just do something simple in the wangan midnight style like that:
1622951600797.png

In theory it's simple, just paint underneath black, but ...

1622951815439.png

What the hell is this??

It would be beautiful if I can have that skin, but it seems that it is not that simple :(

What's up? Looking to create a skin for z31 and I saw some tutorials about handle .dds files and something like that. But the problem is... The dds file for this z31 is a hell. I can't do anything with that. I just do something simple in the wangan midnight style like that:
View attachment 479654
In theory it's simple, just paint underneath black, but ...

View attachment 479655

What the hell is this??

It would be beautiful if I can have that skin, but it seems that it is not that simple :(
that's a well optimized mapping
not user friendly though
but then it's ripped from a game i imagine so that's that :)
When you're the creator, you have access to everything no matter how messy the map may look.

In your situation, you'd need either a 3d format of the car to import inside photoshop and paint the correct parts
or a 3D software to select only the bottom parts of the car to make a mask

that's the two viable solutions i can see
good luck with that :D

that's a well optimized mapping
not user friendly though
but then it's ripped from a game i imagine so that's that :)
When you're the creator, you have access to everything no matter how messy the map may look.

In your situation, you'd need either a 3d format of the car to import inside photoshop and paint the correct parts
or a 3D software to select only the bottom parts of the car to make a mask

that's the two viable solutions i can see
good luck with that :D
I am not the creator, I wish I knew so much, I took it out of a random Chinese page hahahaha

I really want the car to look like this and to be able to adjust the handling more

I can even pay for it, it's the only car missing from the wangan midnight

I half found out about the 3d model and I see that in the folder there is only one kn5 model, I guess it's the compiled one or something like that

Here is the drive folder with the cars:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FEdpvV6Xabtv33WuLKjuo4OIRu7CNSrF?usp=sharing

Inside cars folder, you will see the z31

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 225 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%