$3000 budget - Looking for Recommendations - Realistic 991.2 GT3 Sim Setup

First, I did read through the full buyers guide, which was thorough but honestly left me with more questions than answers. I hope this request for a full setup recommendation is appropriate here and I thank anyone for their responses.

Budget: $3000 or so, flexible if something is really worth it.

Purposes: I have a 991.2 GT3 manual which I am tracking and want to polish my skills, to the extent possible, in a sim setup. I have no intention of racing against others online, this is entirely to increase my real-life track proficiency.

What I'm looking for: A comprehensive list of 'best options for my stated goals' in the $3k-ish price range. Goals for me are maximum realism, with a major emphasis on pedal and steering wheel feel. Can you tell me exactly what items to get, and confirm full compatibility - what rig base, wheel mount, wheel, pedal setup, shifter setup, seat, etc?

Importantly, I will be using either a 3x 4K monitor setup and/or my oculus. I already have monitors, oculus and a powerful PC (9900K and 2080 Ti, etc) and have currently settled on Assetto as the game.

Can you help a brother out? Any questions that I missed that might be helpful in making a solid recommendation? Basically, in one sentence -- I'm looking for a full hardware recommendation on parts that provide the most realistic and instructive sim experience to make me a better track driver with my 2018 GT3.

Thanks in advance!! Really excited to get into this!

PS I am located in the USA so please recommend US-based sellers.

Thanks!!

Amazing info thanks guys!! I'm ready to pull the trigger on parts here, now my questions come down to, what exact accessories and extras do I need to round up to make sure this is all good to go from day one.

Simucube 2 Pro

P1-X with adjustable feet, question is -- what wheelmount option do I select? Wheeldeck Wheel mount and then direct drive wheel mounting bracket for SC2??

What other options should I grab from sim-lab at the time of purchase? Anything else I need from them?
See attached pic for my current cart and lmk if I need to add anything else.
For now, I'll skip the triple monitor setup and just run my Oculus for a while to keep the costs down.

Clubsport Shifter V1.5, with USB adapter.

HSP Sprint 3 pedal setup

Corbeau FX1-Pro --- What brackets/slider do I need to make this work?

OMP 320S wheel as recommended.
Is this the correct NRG quick release? https://www.amazon.com/NRG-Innovations-SRK-200BK-Quick-Release/dp/B000UWWX7G

Yes, that is the NRG QR I used. Looks like the SC2 comes with its own QR though.

Mounting the FX1-Pro is easy enough -- it has both bottom and side mounts. I used OMP side mount brackets, any side mount bracket will work -- the bolt spacing is standardized at 289mm. I did not use sliders with my setup as I am really the only driver so fixed position is fine for me. You can save some $$ and just order the side mount brackets from Sim-lab -- they are 35 euro, no need to use real motorsport mounts.

Good call on holding off on the triple monitors -- get everything setup with the base system then you'll have a better idea of what you want -- triples? A 49" widescreen? BTW, 3x 4K monitors would work well given current PC technology -- even with a 9900K and a 280ti; 3x 2k monitors is already pushing it.

Best,
DJM

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I did not use sliders with my setup as I am really the only driver so fixed position is fine for me.
Sliders are pretty cheap on sim-lab or amazon, and I am glad that I get one, makes it easier to fine tune proper position for driving or slide back for browsing or just getting out of cockpit, it can be pretty tight fit if you get your wheel close to monitor.
Plus you never know who you want to let try your rig out, even if you are the only simrig user in the household.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%