Sell 3 ViewSonic XG2701 27" 144Hz monitors (US only)

I have switched this to a For Sale listing.

I bought these monitors new back in August 2017. You've got the model number so you can look up the specs. I love 'em! I think they look awesome and 144Hz DOES make a difference. I really wished it hadn't but after having a chance to compare my then 60Hz monitors with a 144Hz, my wallet got a lot lighter. I haven't had a lick of trouble with them and all 3 are in like new condition. They've never been mounted on their stands.

All 3 being sold for $600 with free shipping (US only). I have all original boxes, cables, instructions, etc. They will be shipped individually - 3 separate boxes. If you are local within Albany, NY - willing to meet up within a 30 minute drive and price discounted to $525.

My eBay feedback is under sec12196.

Last edited:
I tried to get all 3 monitors in the below pic. Trying to show the expansive FOV which is accurate according to how far I sit from the middle screen - 27" - and the specific monitor dimensions. The side screens are set at 47 degrees.

b2WyuDX.jpg

haha, I wish I would be wrong too. Have you try VR? If you look for immersion, I would say VR is the best choice. But for people like me wearing glass, a session more than 30 mins is however, a painful experience. That's why I want to change to triple screen.

I could be wrong and I usually am, All you will see with a single ultra wide screen is similar to your middle monitor. You will not see the sides unless you have 3 wide screen monitors. I sold my triples and now unfortunately hooked on VR.

I could be wrong and I usually am, All you will see with a single ultra wide screen is similar to your middle monitor. You will not see the sides unless you have 3 wide screen monitors. I sold my triples and now unfortunately hooked on VR.

It's all about screen real estate. Referencing my pic, I will be able to see all of the left mirror and most of the right A arm. Keep in mind, the 49" is equivalent to two 27" side by side. So just cut the left and right screens vertically in half and that's what I'll get to see.

Not interested in VR. I have not had the opportunity to try it in sim racing but I did get to play with a Rift in an MS store. Couldn't stand the limited fov, limited resolution and the screen door effect. Plus, I have no interest in not being able to my wheel and button box. I understand the appeal and why a bunch of sim racers absolutely love it. Just not my cup of tea.

Have you try VR? If you look for immersion, I would say VR is the best choice. But for people like me wearing glass, a session more than 30 mins is however, a painful experience. That's why I want to change to triple screen.

As I just posted above, I'm not interested in VR. I disagree it is the end-all be-all in immersion. When I'm racing with my triples, I love being able to use my peripheral vision due to the wide fov. To me, that's more realistic. Plus, I'm pretty keen on visual fidelity.

Yup, screen fidelity is very important, the more I play in VR, the more fidelity I want to have. It is because the low resolution "3D" world can no longer satisfy you and you need to see more clear of all details of the world inside the headset in order to convince yours brain that what you see is so close to the real thing. Another issue playing sims in VR is, the fixed 90fps cannot compete with the >100fps smoothness of monitor. This discussion really recall me an old day 3D technology from Nitendo 3DS which is the user can see the screen with some 3D effect without wearing 3D glasses. I was so excited when the first I played around with the 3DS. I thought this would be the future of 3D display but apparently I was wrong, after 3DS, this technology seem discontinued. Just my thought, if we can have 3D effect on the triple monitor without any sacrifices on visual fidelity and refresh rate, that would be an amazing gaming experience.

What where you using for a graphics card? Did you also have them listed on Ebay? I'm interested, it would be nice to have a choice between VR and flat. What was the updated price? I'm just east of Cleveland.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back