Iván avoids the first big wreck driving on the grass to not hit anyone
10x7hww.jpg

Kevin doing the same on the second mess
j5zaxf.jpg

Kevin's view of the moment he decided to turn into the grass
ff205h.jpg

Finally both PSR cars crosses the finish line 3rd race in a row
27y5va.jpg

Edited with one more picture of the wreck avoidance on the first lap and putting in bigger sized pictures.

P.S. We still should have 1 more point in the general standings.We earned 99 point overall and in the list there figured 98.

pitty of the crash (in lap 5 i think) ... the car in front me (i'm in the ART) lost his back and i had no room ... catched up again and had some nice fights ... at the end i had a run in T1 and past but with less traction the guy in my tail got a meatball .. Pitty because we had a nice fight... he was faster in the first part and i had a better car in the last part of the track ... overall pretty happy to finish in the green hell (15th) but with a bit more practice and consistency and pit strategy we could have scored a bit higher ... but the main part ... i had fun ... and it was pretty nice racing. Thnx guys for organizing and inviting our team :)

btw can we find a replay of the broadcast ?

We will check what happened there Joao, as definelty it looks like a sim problem. When we find what it was we will make a decision about it... but please guys understand it was totally unpredicteable. We set the sesion correct and there should have been 2 hotlaps for everybody.

This is under investigation by Marshalls and something will be announced during the weekend. Sorry you got caught in the mess.

No worries David, I understand these things are unpredictable ;)

It seems to me that because the finish line at VIR is so far ahead, when you reset you're put into the next lap. If that's the case it'll also happen at Motegi, but not at the remaining tracks.

Oh and I strongly echo the request for a youtube video of the broadcast. Usually every GlacierTV broadcast is on their archives but for some strange reason the STC ones are the only ones missing.

No worries David, I understand these things are unpredictable ;)

It seems to me that because the finish line at VIR is so far ahead, when you reset you're put into the next lap. If that's the case it'll also happen at Motegi, but not at the remaining tracks.

Oh and I strongly echo the request for a youtube video of the broadcast. Usually every GlacierTV broadcast is on their archives but for some strange reason the STC ones are the only ones missing.
Thant's what I think.

VIR is a fun track. The race didn't feel like 90 minutes at all. The race itself wasn't that exciting, it was the track that made it exciting. Imagine how awesome the Nordschleife would be in iRacing. :p

Anyway, I was quite happy with my qualifying lap. First lap was a .8, the second timed lap a .7 which was good for a third spot on the grid. Me and Laurent had the same pace in practice so I chose to stay behind him and not lose any time by switching positions. After a few laps Laurent went a little wide and I had to pass him. I was surprised by my race pace which was better than I expected. I created a gap of 3-4 sec between me and Laurent and I could keep a gap with Roland to about 3 seconds in the first stint. Then the pit round happened and I missed my pitbox. Just like I missed the pitbox in my first race at Sebring. The car didn't stop, either the brakes or tires were very bad. Laurent gained so much time on me in the pitlane that he was now in front of me. The gap between us and Roland was about 6 seconds at this point. We had lots of backmarkers in the second stint and Laurent's car was slipping and sliding all over the place. I managed to overtake Laurent and did my best to catch Roland who was now about 8 seconds in front. Roland was driving fast and consistent so I settled down and tried to get the car to the finish line. In the end I finished second.

Grats to Roland for the win and for his birthday of course :)

Second race this season,started 7th after pb with 0,2 secs,had an intense battle with Oscar Sahlin half of the race,he passed me after my own mistake before the esses and i could pass back after he got hit by another car (cant remeber his name:()puttin a wheel on the grass when breaking after the long backstraight,after that a lone ride to the finish 5th,not boring at this wery tough track.

Big Cheer for my teammate Roland who is always delivering,also grats to Dave and Laurent :)

This was pretty close to a perfect race for me. I was happy with my qualifying time and to start from pole position. I also had a very good first lap, which gave me close to a two-second gap to the pair of ineX cars, but then it took many laps before I finally managed to shake them from my slipstream. After a while Laurent started dropping back a bit, and was passed by his team-mate. Dave proved very strong and consistent as always, and the gap remained at no more than three or four seconds for several laps.

I finally got my head down and drove a few seriousely fast laps and opened up the gap to over five seconds, which I felt was exactly what was needed to be sure to stay ahead through the pit-stop phase. However, around lap 30 something strange happened to my steering wheel, as the force feedback suddenly went very loose, and it took me a few laps to recover. At the same time I also got stuck for a lap behind a lapped car, which cost me a lot of time and cut the gap to Dave back down to around three seconds.

I pitted at the end of lap 33, which was one lap earlier than planned, because I was catching up to traffic. This didn't quite work out, as I exited the pits right behind another lapped car, who promptly spun in front of me in the slowest section of the track. I had to come to a complete standstill to avoid him, and lost at least two seconds. I was worried that this could lose me the lead, but as it turned out Dave had some problems of his own, so after everyone had stopped I was back in the lead with a five-second gap to Laurent, with Dave again trailing his team-mate. I had no trouble managing this gap to the finish, and felt confident enough to set my fastest lap of the race on the final lap.

I am happy and proud of this win, and the fact that I had zero incident points after 51 laps of the most difficult track in iRacing. I'm also very happy for my team-mate Fredrik Tackman to finish in the top five, which brings DMSv up into second place in the standings.

Congratulations to ineX for another fantastic team result with both cars on the podium!

Thanks Xosé. Why are these broadcasts not available on the Glacier TV archive? Downloading from Youtube doesn't always work very well and they have very aggressive compression as well... Cheers :)

edit: Also at 56:26 the video skips ahead 32 minutes?

Thnx Xosé for popping up that broadcast ... btw Jasper glad you left me some room (40:00) for that pas ...saw that a few minutes ago and it actually looked to me if i was divebombing you so credits to you for keeping it clean :)

Thnx Xosé for popping up that broadcast ... btw Jasper glad you left me some room (40:00) for that pas ...saw that a few minutes ago and it actually looked to me if i was divebombing you so credits to you for keeping it clean :)
I was expecting you to try something here and I braked a bit later than usual, so that's why it looked like a divebomb perhaps. But when I wanted to turn in you were beside me and I had to concede the corner. So no worries, it was a good pass ;)

I was expecting you to try something here and I braked a bit later than usual, so that's why it looked like a divebomb perhaps. But when I wanted to turn in you were beside me and I had to concede the corner. So no worries, it was a good pass ;)
oh ok ... then we where both braking later ;) ... but still glad that we made it 2-wide over there since my last past in there at the end of the race was the same and that one ended into a meatball for the other driver :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%