F1 2012 3 seconds difference between TT and Qualifying - help!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
OK, Bahrain, Legend season in Force India.
I do a 1:32.8 in TT, and then with the same setup, I can only manage the late 1:35s! How can this be? Apart from tyre wear, and fuel, what effects are missing from TT?
Still, with brand new tyres and enough fuel for 1 hot lap, I can't understand why there is 3 seconds of a difference, no matter how hard I try.

Thanks Graham. I guess I'll have to accept always finishing 18th in Q1 then, at least 1 second off 17th!

The first season in career is quite frustrating. I'm only half way through driving for Caterham and my pace is way ahead of the slow teams but still way behind the others.
I have managed to score a few points but i usually end up finishing 1 lap down with 20 seconds or more to the car in front and 30 seconds or more to the car behind. It makes for a lonely race.

Thanks Graham. I guess I'll have to accept always finishing 18th in Q1 then, at least 1 second off 17th!

Perhaps you might want to try the Pro AI, it might make you feel a bit more competitive, so that you enjoy the game more. There is no shame in stepping down a level. The Pro setting used to be reasonably easy, but in one of the patches they boosted the Pro to be closer to Legend. The side effect of this, is now there is a HUGE gap from Pro to Intermediate.

The Force India should be pushing at the door of top 10, rather than 18th. This one level tweak might put you there. It's up to you :)

BTW I am a reasonable driver, and I use Pro.

Perhaps you might want to try a mod. I had a quick look, and in this one the database is tweaked to make Legend = Pro +5%

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/ai-difficulty-and-braking-point.455/viewfile

Or perhaps the Realism mod : -

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/index.php?microdownloads/420/viewfile

There are probably more if you want to have look in the mod section ......

As I said, I race Pro, as I seem to get hammered in Legend, especially in qualifying.

There is possibly another thing going on here too. You should let the Q time run down (maybe you can fast forward, I'm not sure), but do not skip to the end of session. As this could (or will?) screw up the AI Q times. I think this has been true for all the CM F1 releases.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%