3 screen setup, 144hz

ARG1980

Copenhagen APEX
Hello there
Unfortunately, I have no great insight into setting up three screens, that’s why I want to hear your advice. I play a lot of SIMRACING and want to run with three screens. Today I have this hardware
Screen: ASUS VG248QE, 144hz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X, Tri-X OC, 4096 MB GDDR5.

When the monitor and graphics card are connected via DVI port it provides access to 144hz.
Now, my question to the gurus are as follow:
My graphics card has two DVI ports, one DisplayPort and one HDMI port
1) Can I run with three screens, where all of them runs 144hz, now that there are only two DVI ports?2) If not, can you then run 144hz on the middle screen and then the two side screens at 60hz?
3) If not, is it then the lowest common denominator (60hz) that determines how many Hz the other two screens running, although there is 144hz monitors connected to DVI ports?

If there can’t be said yes to 1), is the solution an additional graphics card?Looking forward to hearing from you?

Br.
Allan

Last edited:
Hi Davy

Thank you, that helped me a lot, but I still not sure I understand it 100%. If I connect to screens via the DVI ports and the last screen to the DisplayPort it Works fine?
If the screen don't come with a "male" DisplayPort cable I have to buy a DVI-DisplayPort converter?

Upvote 0
Hi Allan,
I think you can find some of your answer in this earlier thread.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...h-3-monitors-144hz-dp-dvi.80326/#post-1616979
I run triples for 3 years now and I'm loving it. Once triple there is no way back imo.

Hi Davy
Thank you, that helped me a lot, but I still not sure I understand it 100%. If I connect to screens via the DVI ports and the last screen to the DisplayPort it Works fine?
If the screen don't come with a "male" DisplayPort cable I have to buy a DVI-DisplayPort converter?

Upvote 0
You need an Active Displayport to DVI cable. If it wasn't included with your graphic card. It looks like this for your card.
Yes,
Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 16.34.00.png

2 monitors via DVI and the 3rd with the display port adapter. Than with the AMD eyefinity software you can configure your triple screens.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years