3 screen rig - Help

Hi everyone,

i really need some help. I'm planning to build a 3 screen rig in some months but i need some tips.

1) what are the cheapest and most simple ways of doing it?

http://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-ome...cockpit/gt-omega-pro-racing-simulator-supreme

Is this one a good choice?

There is other kind of product without the seat, only with the supports for the monitors and wheel?

2) what's the minimum size for the monitors you suggest? Any model in specific that is cheap and can make the job well?

3) I mainly play assetto corsa, iracing and will play rfactor2. I have a gtx 670, should i consider an upgrade because of the 3 screens? Will it change something? If it's the case, what's do you suggest knowing i want to maintain the good performance i have right now with only one monitor?

Thank in advance, i would much appreciate your help.

Got the rSeat RS STAND T3L with 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM.
Saw that they have upgraded their stand to a v2 version.

The more vram you have the better for 27inch or more. Smaller screens i dunno.
Started with a R9 290 4GB and then crossfire but that was only a slight improvement, in crossfire i mean, so bought a Sapphire R9 290x 8GB.
A minimum of 4GB is required for my triple setup.

The stand is a matter of choice and money i think:)
and depending on the seat you have.

Upvote 0
Got the rSeat RS STAND T3L with 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM.
Saw that they have upgraded their stand to a v2 version.

The more vram you have the better for 27inch or more. Smaller screens i dunno.
Started with a R9 290 4GB and then crossfire but that was only a slight improvement, in crossfire i mean, so bought a Sapphire R9 290x 8GB.
A minimum of 4GB is required for my triple setup.

The stand is a matter of choice and money i think:)
and depending on the seat you have.

I am currently looking at buying RSeat but have a question - https://www.rseat-europe.com/rseat-rs1/rseat-rs1-black-red-for-fanatec-logitech-thrustmaster-wheel
What exactly is included in this package? I am mostly wondering about the shifter mount. You can purchase an upgrade for 99 Euro but I am not sure if in the 526 Euro there is a mount included (only worse) or there isn't one at all.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

i really need some help. I'm planning to build a 3 screen rig in some months but i need some tips.

1) what are the cheapest and most simple ways of doing it?

http://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-ome...cockpit/gt-omega-pro-racing-simulator-supreme

Is this one a good choice?

There is other kind of product without the seat, only with the supports for the monitors and wheel?

2) what's the minimum size for the monitors you suggest? Any model in specific that is cheap and can make the job well?

3) I mainly play assetto corsa, iracing and will play rfactor2. I have a gtx 670, should i consider an upgrade because of the 3 screens? Will it change something? If it's the case, what's do you suggest knowing i want to maintain the good performance i have right now with only one monitor?

Thank in advance, i would much appreciate your help.

I would suggest getting the new 9 series from NVIDIA. Btw, I am also considering triple screens but at this point, I want to see the Rift CV1 before spending money on 2 additional screens. I am not sure if this is an option for you but honestly, I'd suggest wait for the CV1 and make your decision then...my $0.02

Upvote 0
I am currently looking at buying RSeat but have a question - https://www.rseat-europe.com/rseat-rs1/rseat-rs1-black-red-for-fanatec-logitech-thrustmaster-wheel
What exactly is included in this package? I am mostly wondering about the shifter mount. You can purchase an upgrade for 99 Euro but I am not sure if in the 526 Euro there is a mount included (only worse) or there isn't one at all.

RS1 Basic comes with Shifter mount and Seat Sliders included, thats what the link says.
To be 100 percent sure, you can mail them.

Upvote 0

Have you looked at the GT Omega cockpits? I have just got the ART version which comes with gearshifter mount. Very impressed with it so far.

Upvote 0
Have you looked at the GT Omega cockpits? I have just got the ART version which comes with gearshifter mount. Very impressed with it so far.
RS1 Basic comes with Shifter mount and Seat Sliders included, thats what the link says.
To be 100 percent sure, you can mail them.

I just realized i never came back to you guys...thanks for the help. I actually ended up getting the one from Fanatec with slight modifications (i have the pedals lifted higher) it's a very nice racing position and overall, I am pretty happy with it.
I am actually looking for a triple monitor setup right now and got my eye on the RS STAND T3L V2
@Kurt Vanhee are you happy with your stand?

Upvote 0
Yes, but it is a beast of a stand:p
Height can be adjusted in 3 levels.
If i have some time 2morrow i can take some pictures;)

For me the stand and the rSeat are going to be on sale in a couple of weeks:)
Changing to an alu-rig.
Getting older.........is getting more difficult to come out of the seat:p:D

Upvote 0
pics will be much appreciated :D

What price are we talking about for the seat and the stand (together and separately) I might be interested ;) (feel free to PM me)

are you building your own alu rig?

Upvote 0
Was thinking @300€ for the stand and around 700€ for the seat.
Local pickup will be only option as shipment will be quite alot:rolleyes:

Yes, i am. Thread is in hardware section.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/good-diy-aluminium-profile-sim-rig-instructions.108962/
Last pages containing the alu rig and parts list.:)

I would be interested in the stand but a local pick up is not option sadly. I do live in Poland which is closer to Belgium but still not that close :)

btw, what made you look for changing the the RS stuff?

Upvote 0
At that time alu-rigs or should i say plans/drawings were not really known, at least not by me;)
At that time i was racing F1 in compo, so yeah the RS seat was not an option:p
It had to be that formula seat:laugh:. Only competitor for a F1 seat was playseat or a real F1 spot:roflmao::roflmao:
rSeat has more things, accessoires to offer, like the speakers mounts, keyboard, buttkicker.....

I can have a look in shipping cost for you, but not until my alu rig is mounted and raceable.

Upvote 0
At that time alu-rigs or should i say plans/drawings were not really known, at least not by me;)
At that time i was racing F1 in compo, so yeah the RS seat was not an option:p
It had to be that formula seat:laugh:. Only competitor for a F1 seat was playseat or a real F1 spot:roflmao::roflmao:
rSeat has more things, accessoires to offer, like the speakers mounts, keyboard, buttkicker.....

I can have a look in shipping cost for you, but not until my alu rig is mounted and raceable.

OK keep me posted on the shipping costs...and we shall see where we stand (pun intended :roflmao:)

Upvote 0
Pagnian do an excellent modular setup (buy the whole thing at once or just the bits you need/can afford)...I just recently bought the wheelstand to replace a cheap and nasty one I had (the sort with the horrible bar in between your legs)...and the difference is amazing...it weighs a ton (the wheelstand) and is as solid as a rock and my gearstick is now in a more realistic position. I can highly recommend the wheelstand (I'll let you know about the rest as and when I can afford it lol).
I use it with an office racing seat and when i lower the seat to its lowest position it feels great...again...the difference is amazing.
http://www.pagnian.co.uk/racing-simulator.html

Upvote 0
I just realized i never came back to you guys...thanks for the help. I actually ended up getting the one from Fanatec with slight modifications (i have the pedals lifted higher) it's a very nice racing position and overall, I am pretty happy with it.
I am actually looking for a triple monitor setup right now and got my eye on the RS STAND T3L V2
@Kurt Vanhee are you happy with your stand?

I have the gt omega triple monitor setup and to be honest it's not the best design in the world. Don't get me wrong , it works fine, it's just that it is really fiddly to set up and get the monitors level and positioned correctly. I would say the rseat triple setup looks to be a better design

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing