3 GRAN PREMIO DE TROIS RIVIERES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know where to start. I made two big mistake in the qualifying and finished 19th, 2 tenths slower than my personal best.

Had an ok race but was stuck in a mega fight between I don't know how many cars. Gained and lost positions here and there. I then had a little mistake into turn six and had to lift off a little. Burke then turned me around and I lost from like 14th or something to 18th and maybe 15 seconds. But I wasn't going to give up as I wasn't going to refuel on my first stop thinking that having a light car with fresh tyres was a nice strategy. But I came out in traffic and saw that one blowned out the window. I had a nice third stint all alone but by then it was too late to make up any places. Tryed to catch a FDR car near the end but burned my tyres and had to let that one go. Finished 14th was ok in the end but was hoping for a little bit more.

Grats to the podium and to David, great result mate :)

Edit: Sorry, mixed up the names.

Damn bad luck 45 min left I pit in lead,could tyres I just touche wall and someone hit my rear and I lost rear wind my foult :(
Extra pit to repair the wing....my one stop tactick gone finish 8 place.I was in sixth place until someone hit my back I lost 2 places there I was slower on worn tires and car got lot of damage........ tough race.
Grats to the podium! hieno homma Mikko onnee ;)

Qualifying went pretty much as i expected, made a slight error that cost be Pole Position.

For the race i decided to go for a 3 stop strategy, but the race was pretty much destroyd in the first stint already, when i couldnt pass Carlsson, and then Mikko made a move and manage to get by.

After Mikko passed me i decided to give them a small gap, because Mikko was over aggressive on Carlsson and almost spun them both out a few times.

And they spun, but it wasnt Mikkos fault, some backmarker didnt move and blocked Carlsson, then hit Carlsson when they were side to side.

But it was abit to late for me, my tyres wasnt at its prime, and i got some damage from the Carlsson incident in Turn 2.

First Pit Stop on Lap 23, new Soft tyres.
I know it would me tight with traffic, and with my normal luck i came out right in the middle of it.

After that it was more of a race againt the clock, had to push as much as possible, but with all the backmarkers then spun out infront of me, or hit me when i was going by, it was pretty much a dead end.

In the final stint, on the freshest tyres, i manage to close a cap of around 15 seconds down to 2 in 20 minutes, with 2-3 more laps, it had probably been a nice fight for 2nd. :)

Great Race for me!

Qualy, suddenly when going on track during the qualy I had no HUD so had no info about speed or gears. But surprisingly I managed to qualy on P10 with a 0.59:615, so I was quite happy.

Race, not a single mistake during the 90 minutes but some corrections. I started at P9 and ended the race at P9 after some cool fights with the italian guys from Corse Online Racing and some overtakes on guys going to one stopper.

At the end I was catching Rami and maybe with some more laps I would have managed to get in contact with him, but being honest, ending the race that close to Rami, without a single mistakes and in a good P9 is a very goo dresult for me.

Gratz to the podium guys, to everybody who managed to end the race.

Better luck for the broadcast team as there have been a failure (say thanks to PSRTV!
icon_evil.gif
).

Cheers & see you next week at Sugo!

Guys results and current standings are up on the site already. Say thanks to Xosé!

We want to apollogize for the problems during the broadcast. It have been not our fault but a third part´s mistake...

I enjoyed this race! my first time in STC champ, good result.
I started 11, since I lost 0.7 sec than my best qualy lap. Started so and so and i had a very good stint. Until my first pit i was racing very well with good fights and overtakes,after that about at lap 51 i was passing (the second time, was 4th and him 15th) Konrad Stanczak which has taken the first corner wide, i took inside place and made my pass. The second corner he didn't care about his line, he took me in back of car and made me spin. I was at 4sec back Göran Johansson and i was recovering 2 sec per lap. After the spin i lost 1 pos (my team mate) and, bad thing, i had suspension problems. After that i had to fight aganinst myself in order to avoid losses of time, but i raced 6-7dec slower than usual. Anyway, i managed to pass 2-3 drivers and got the 6th position.
I'm very sad about the touch since i think that if it has not been i could arrive 3th or 4th...
So Stanczakcan you explain why you pointed at me as a killer? what i've done to you? bah...
I instead need to congrats with torrent motorsport guys, i had a good fight with one of them, very fair driver!
See you guys and thanks for the race.

PS:David, why you did't had the interview?

ah well for the broadcast it was a really bad bad day, poor Xose had to bear the bruunt of it - as usual - don't know how the chap keeps going :)

First we had no sound at all, so people were only watching a silent movie or only the in-game sound, not sure which. I actually started the commentary only to be stopped mid-sentence by Xose telling me I was not being heard.
While Xose was frantically trying to fix that in the background, all of a sudden my screen went black!!! The monitor is fairly new and has never done that before. It had switched itself off ??? It's an LG 22" flatscreen and my system is running on windows7 64, I started up the system before entering the game, so there were virtually no processes running other than steam and the game. No clue what happened.
Anyway, when I switched the screen back on, it showed the GTR window much too large (about 150%) size. The mouse was still reacting to normal screen size, though, meaning: when I moved the mouse over the names in the in the game menu the two top ones were on target, the lower ones responded when the mouse was still a few inches away ??? Anyway, I could not reach the buttons at the bottom of the "watch race" screen because they were not visible. So, I could not comment from my screen becvause I could not change view away from my PSRTV car. !
Xose, who by this time must have been completely soaked through, sent me an e-mail with some zipped software and I quickly installed the psrtv viewer which let me see xose's computer screen with the psr tv live image on it, the image being black and white, the fps at 0.3 or sth. and the screen about 2" by 4". This is what I used for commentary starting minute 35 or so. Thank God Ross was there to help me out, however, he seems to have had a huge problem with his microphone. I think by the end of the race, we were happy just to get it over and done with :) Better luck next time and huge congratulations to the podium and anybody who survived the Three Rivers.

Qual=16
Race=15

One of my best 90 min races ever, every thing went fine except that I did 2 pit stops while I was planing to do just one, I got some nice fights over some positions until IU managed to get position 7th, I did my first pit stop at lap 35 and dropped to 18th, then managed to get into 12 position again, but after that my tires was dieing and my pit crew told me that I must change them immediately so I did that and I've been dropped to position 18th but I back again to hunt some positions to finish 15th which is not bad for just one practice session a head of the race as I was the reserve driver for my team.

I've checked the interview calendar during the race and I saw you were racing, you wanted to be interviewed while racing? :D
we decided with david to do the interview today because in our team the other guys say that are not good at speaking english and i have problems on being on TS every thursday. For example next race i will not be at home,hence no interview on 14th for CoR :D
i thought the interview was after the race, sorry!

Yeah Nicola, I thought you where notracing... we use to do the interviews during the broadcast, not at the end. Don´t worry we will set it up again in future races. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%