3 DAYTONA GRAND PRIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a race and what a finish! Best STC race I have seen and commentated on. And to those that didn't like my commentary, don't worry, Eckhart will be back next time but today it was me or nothing :wink:

Standing ovations to Jesper, Peter and Martijn! Just brilliant :banana:

great fun, started out with being the luckiest guy on the grid by joining just as the server jumped from quali to warmup, two seconds later ...
oh and never get into the race from real life so narrowly, it took me 15 mins to develop any kind of rhythm but once I was in the groove it was great. I stayed out long on hards and then changed to softs after 60 mins, this strategy kept me in the same lap as the guy in front for most of the race. all lappings went very well, I suppose I was the only guy on the circuit with rear wing at 3, this helped me survive the infield and also made for some very clean passes along the highspeed stretches :)
With soft tires I could finally finally get together a lap below 1:50 (don't laugh, please, a little smirk is ok though) but once I had done this my game had a strange bug: the cockpit view was 30 degrees off to the left? this meant that on the banked turns it was fine but on the infieed i felt i would slip out of the cockpit any minute. weird. i also noticed i had miscalculated fuel by one digit, i.e. 10 litres so i pitted again with only 10 mins to go.
still brought the doran home in one piece in pos 18 or 19 (last of course, lol) and had some great fun along the way.

back to the mike next round, thx andreas for stepping in !!!

Lol Risto speak for yourself, pretty happy my 2 stop was working as planned. Unfortunately working didnt become workED and an incident finished my progress back up the field, had to pit with a broken rear wing which seemed to take forever. Anyway thats racing.

Big grats to Jesper el winner!!!

Grats to the podium

Roll on the next race.

Did you go off in the chicane, Mike? Hit the anti cut strip perhaps?

Anyhow, my event was pretty pathetic. I was SO convinced it was going to be a wet race that I did most of my testing yesterday in rain. Came out today and my pace absolutely gone in the dry. Qualified 13th... still pissed about that. In the race I just kept the car on the track and stayed out as long as possible with my soft tires. Did a 1 stopper and tires were about to blow at the end. Managed to get past some of the drivers who ran into trouble. Was praying for rain the whole race, and was just teased when the clouds went dark for minutes only to spit 2 drops of rain...

Anyway, I can't be too mad with 9th given my horrific pace in the dry. We'll see if I can return to my Interlagos form later in the season.

Also, very sorry to Tyler Scurlock. A bit unfortunate what happened early on. I saw you ran over the anti cut strip pretty bad and got out of shape. I thought your car was going to drift up the track so I went low. At the last second, your car did one more shudder and slide down into me. The contact was so little, in fact, that I had no damage from it. Unfortunately I looked into the mirror and saw you got absolutely thrashed. Sorry bro. :(

Ugh, Ovals and I don't mix well so I knew I was going to do badly here. Didn't expect to bin it though. :mad:

But, I had fun helping Danny out on the pit wall watching the live timings and the race through race monitor.

Bring on Donnington!

I had my setup last night and beaten it to suit my style. I got home today turned on my PC and it made a load crack and would not power up. I have since located the problem, my PSU gave up, but it left me with my laptop and no setup. I used my 20 mins to test other setups went back to my base line. I could not remember what I changed last night but had to make rough adjustments and go with it.

Quali didn't go so well I forgot that the mod defaults your tyres to hard on a change of session and left Theos wings on my car, 1 front, 2 rear. I finished 21st

For the race I pushed the rear to 3 and upped the front to 2 to try and combat the front washing out in to the corners, and my somewhat loose backend. By the end of lap one I was up to 16th and giving Ethan Bass a hard time. Problem was I could not find a safe place to pass him. After a few laps of his I saw my chance in to the chicane on the back of the track. I went in and knew I was going to have to go around the outside of him. As I came past the first curb on the left our closing speed was around 5-10KPH and I could see he was going to stay in as usual, he didn't as I started to get next to him he drifted the car out, I followed suit so as to not touch but he ended up putting me on the grass with a fair amount of lateral motion, I don't blame him, I know lines change for any reason, just some bad timing. I hit the wall hard and bounced, I was not told of any damage so pushed on behind Eckhart. I jumped hard on the brakes as I normally did into T1 but the backend over took my front and I damaged the suspension and lost my wing.

I pitted, came out, and ran for a couple of laps, came in to refuel and change tyres and pushed on. 2 laps later and on the exit of the chicane at the back of the track my engine let go with plenty of dramatics. Race over.

Now I am peeved at myself for the silly mistake and now ready to throw the gauntlet down.

not the best race ever for me... nothing exciting, i was thinking about a qualy in the first 8 places, but i took 15... you are monsters, i could only take 10 in qualy, but more was impossible for me!
i tryed i strange strategy:
one biiiig stint with hard and 100L, and then one short with soft tyres... it seems was a good strategy, i gained 5 places and finished 10th...
honestly, not many fights, i passed some people while they were fighting with curbes, i was passed by aliens because i left them pass me...
I only have one thing to say:
Some people told that there are drivers who drive bad, not correct and so on (one of them for you is one from my team), but yesterday i saw many people doing crazy things!
at first corner after pit out, one was out of track (probably for wrong braking) and he didn care about me coming, he jumped in the track and costrict me to risk too much. This was the same also in straights (let's call it so), many jumped in the track without worrying about others!
Instead, Eckart you were really honest and correct, i need to mention you for your positive actions!!!
oh, and last thing i have to say to Marcyin (forgive me if i spell the name badly):
you were trying to pass me in straight, i moved ONE TIME to internal part for first corner, you came in my back and i was so close to loose my back.
You were 1 position back from me, so i was not being lapped. Please, be kind also to people slower than you! i hope it was not done properly, hope was a mistake!

bye bye to all, se you in canada!

good racing guys to boys so fast again as usuall lol

overall fin 11th lol would have been 9th lol but 2 guys came with a storm and eventually past me loooool

my team mate dariusz had engine blow so only 1 lot of team points for the team this round bring on the next race

best regards grats podiums

thanks again stc hosters for this great oppertunity :)

regards

Qually: not so good,8th .was faster in practise 2..:frown:

Race: went very good, finished 3rd only 0.007 sec behind nr 2(Duivelaar):tongue:

Before telling you all about strategy,tyres and everything else i really have to make a big big humble kneefall to Wesley Hartog.:pray:
That guy put in an incredibble amount of time just to make the race easier for me.
We (FDR and FCR) trained all week and he put in the most time of us all,without racing.:work:
He was my main man at the pitwall,telling me what to do and when to do it,no further fancy chit chat.
So a very big part of our podium finish is all his work,thx m8.:thanks:
He's all yours ::trophy:

Ok,the race.
After my teammate Hugo let me pass in t1,i was only looking forward.
Had a grea first few laps ,made a nice pass into the chicane.
All went well as some drivers made a 2 stopper i moved up some spots.
Our strategy was always a 1 stopper,rain or no rain.
Infact i was hoping that the (very) light rain would stay for a few more minutes because my car felt a bit better but that was not to be. :frown::rain:
After the pitstop and after the rest of the field had their (2nd) pitstop ,i was in greta position and started to belief in a podium finish.
There was 1 moment were i thought that i would not make it on my fuel till the end and did some laps with short shifting letting the guys in front slowly drive away,but Wesley calculated everything perfectly and once i realized that i went 100% again.
Jesper was just to quick for me but when he and Duivelaar started to battle it out in front of me i started really pushing and slowly closing the gap.
And in the last lap in the chicane Duivelaar went over the grass loosing exit speed which put me in his slipstream and it was a dragrace till the finish line.
Duivelaar beat me in the end with 0.007(!!!) sec ,unbelieveble.
This must be the closest podium finish in the history of the STC,lol.

Had a great race, first podium finish for FDR and belief me:the party that followed on teamspeak will be in my memory for a looong time:party:

Thanks all for the fun and the great race,
Thank you everybody at FDR and FCR and like i said especially mr. Wesley :thumbup:

Cheers and 'till next time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back