rF2 2h WEC @ Nürburgring 24h - Saturday 31st January 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thx all, Freddy and admins for race yesterday. I got a 'Moses Start' a sea of cars just opened before me and I gained 13 positions before t1, and another 3 in he next minute or so. Then I was off and rejoined OK the danger seemed to be over but then I got hit, and was launched into the most spectacular crash I ever had on RF :D. So I was done before I got out of S1 :rolleyes:

Short summary of my event. Made a much better qualifying than I expected. In practise I had done 8:37, albeit with a race setup. To see laps under 8:30 was a big surprise. My best lap put me third on the grid behind Frederic and Lars.

Start was good, made it up to P1 after T1. There was close action in the top which made me very uncomfortable and very stressed, and I lost the lead again going on to the nordschleife. I was mostly defending the rest of the first lap, so Frederic got away a little bit in sector 3. But my top speed was so much faster than him, so I repassed him. On the second lap I made a big mistake in sector3 and was eventually turned around and had to wait a little before I could rejoin.

I pitted on lap 5 & 10, but got a stop n go for pit lane speeding on the first one. With low enough downforce and low revs and long gear ratios I could do 5 laps on one tank. The rest of the race wasn't very interesting, but I have to thank Tapio for pushing me off a curb after I had beached my car on it =). Thanks to organizers and all participants for a very nice event. I didn't have any problems overtaking or lapping.

Last edited:
Well, that was certainly a thrilling experience. Didn't quite have the pace of Lars or Frederic, but was happy I managed to keep with them quite well. The first lap was quite hectic, and it ended badly on lap 2, when me and David collided and he ended up in the wall. Sorry about that again mate :(

Had a great fight with Lars on the final 1½ laps, which I lost by a tiny margin. Had a few problems with my PC freezing slightly going past the pits, and heading down the back straight on the GP stretch, but it was the first time I streamed, so it did go very well. If you want to take a look, here is almost 4 hours of onboard footage.

Or go to HERE for race start.

Was been an great Event, thanks Orga for making this possible! Looking forward to the next WEC Event.
Congrats to the podiums, awesome speed folks :thumbsup:
I really need to do some training for further rFactor Races, it`s not the game so far were i just can hop in and be on good pace within an hour :whistling:

Was been an great Event, thanks Orga for making this possible! Looking forward to the next WEC Event.
Congrats to the podiums, awesome speed folks :thumbsup:
I really need to do some training for further rFactor Races, it`s not the game so far were i just can hop in and be on good pace within an hour :whistling:
Mark,
IMO you showed good pace. If you see post #314 above and click on the results you will see that your fastest lap of 8:44 was in the top 8-10 on pace of 40+ drivers. There are many solid drivers who didnt get below 8:50. The guys that went faster are pretty talented and pretty good at preparation too. Even so the fastest lap was say 8:32. 12 sec gap on the ring is not shabby.
But there is definitely plenty to learn. Its amazing, every time I race here I learn something.
This week it was how David Gronvalls acheived a 2 stop with really low aero and long gearing.

Well, that was certainly a thrilling experience. Didn't quite have the pace of Lars or Frederic, but was happy I managed to keep with them quite well. The first lap was quite hectic, and it ended badly on lap 2, when me and David collided and he ended up in the wall. Sorry about that again mate :(

Had a great fight with Lars on the final 1½ laps, which I lost by a tiny margin. Had a few problems with my PC freezing slightly going past the pits, and heading down the back straight on the GP stretch, but it was the first time I streamed, so it did go very well. If you want to take a look, here is almost 4 hours of onboard footage.

Or go to HERE for race start.
Nice the first 3 hours are a must watch ;) But no idea how you can race with that camera position :D

By the way I did the first adjustments yesterday as the Camaro was clearly a lot faster than the GT-R and the Corvette.
I thought about slowing the cars down to SLS pace, but the GT-R is already a bit dodgy with the amount of weight and drag, so both the Corvette and GT-R got a pretty big weight reduction and now the GT-R feels really nice. Good cornering speed, less tire overheating and it doesnt slow you down as much when you get a bit of wheelspin. Maybe we can have a small club race in two or three weeks to verify the changes in a race. In the meantime I will try to get the fastest drivers per car together for testing.

That defending of Brugman during the fight between them at the end of the race, on the straight. (Around 3:40) Brugman is changing multiple times from line during the defending ( blocking?) , is that allowed? :)

The rest of the race wasn't very interesting, but I have to thank Tapio for pushing me off a curb after I had beached my car on it =).
It was actually an accident :D I was racing hard with @Edgar Steffens and missed the braking point slightly into the chicane and you happened to be there on my way.

My rac ended under a lap later when I ran out of fuel just before the long straight. :rolleyes:

Nice the first 3 hours are a must watch ;) But no idea how you can race with that camera position :D

It's a habit I got during my Race 07 days :) It just gives me a better overlook of the front of the car and allows me to place the car better. But hey, we're all different ;)

That defending of Brugman during the fight between them at the end of the race, on the straight. (Around 3:40) Brugman is changing multiple times from line during the defending ( blocking?) , is that allowed? :)

Well. No. But me and him are teammates, we were on the same TeamSpeak at the time and for the entire race, plus it was just a fun event, so I don't really mind :) And to be honest, he deserved the second place more than I did. So from my point of view, it doesn't really matter :)

By the way I did the first adjustments yesterday as the Camaro was clearly a lot faster than the GT-R and the Corvette.
I thought about slowing the cars down to SLS pace, but the GT-R is already a bit dodgy with the amount of weight and drag, so both the Corvette and GT-R got a pretty big weight reduction and now the GT-R feels really nice. Good cornering speed, less tire overheating and it doesnt slow you down as much when you get a bit of wheelspin. Maybe we can have a small club race in two or three weeks to verify the changes in a race. In the meantime I will try to get the fastest drivers per car together for testing.
Freddy,
It might be nice to lower the GTR drag just a tiny bit. Along with your planned weight reduction.
Its terminal speed on the long straight should be more drag than weight limited.
IMO it held its own very nearly in S1, S2 so a huge weight loss possibly not needed.
How much is a lot. Is 30 kg a lot?
You know more about the impact of such things but just a thought.
Also due to its greater need for tyres it woudnt be so bad if it had the slightest of edges in pure pace and the Camaro can make some time on strategy?

Freddy,
It might be nice to lower the GTR drag just a tiny bit. Along with your planned weight reduction.
Its terminal speed on the long straight should be more drag than weight limited.
IMO it held its own very nearly in S1, S2 so a huge weight loss possibly not needed.
You know more about the impact of such things but just a thought.
Also due to its greater need for tyres it woudnt be so bad if it had the slightest of edges in pure pace and the Camaro can make some time on strategy?
That is the plan. The GT-R should be faster in qualy and the Camaro faster in the race. The weight loss should help a lot with race pace and at least in the acceleration between 100 and 200kph there is a big diffrence now. The car feels like it has a powerful engine now.

I will have a look into top speeds as well, but yesteday I never really managed to get past S1, so couldnt check the impact of the weight on top speed :D

@Frederic Schornstein
excellent. If my lovely GTR1 can find 5 sec/lap I will be nipping on the heels of the ringmeisters:thumbsup:

edit: Ooooh, @Simon Christmann gave me an optimistic on this one!
Mate I was 12 sec off their pace in the HUGELY:cautious: FASTER Camaro.
With 5 sec gain its down to 7 sec;)

I'll take that optimistic as a challenge:)

Last edited:

I agree with you. We were together on the first three laps. On lap 2 or 3, you and me (both with the Nissan) were overtaken at the same moment for two Camaros on the long straight.

It was frustrating, because you could overtake a Camaro and make a difference, but then it will catch back you on the straight.

It was actually an accident :D I was racing hard with @Edgar Steffens and missed the braking point slightly into the chicane and you happened to be there on my way.

My rac ended under a lap later when I ran out of fuel just before the long straight. :rolleyes:
Hi Tapio
I had a lot of fun in racing with you !
In the situation above, I had a bit of a guilty conscience about overtaking you !
You brought me to tickle out my best in the last laps.
So I came down from 9.26 - 9.30 lap times to 9.24, 9.23 and last lap a 9.20 !
For Richard this seems slow , but for me it was unbelievable !
It's a pity , now I know how it could be, the race is over .
Thank you to the organizers - Frederic , Damian , etc !
Great Stuff ! ( please excuse my bad English )

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing