rF2 2h WEC @ Nürburgring 24h - Saturday 31st January 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well it ended for me after second pit stop, i unpluged steering wheel and after i pluged it back in it was pain in the ass, i rage quited and camera finished recording after 3 laps.

Sorry for the small bump @Andre Gaida. Caused us both to spin.
I've put my nose in to a place where more patience would be more appropriate.
Sorry again.

There was a mess at the start after which I was almost last then.
Then turned my car on the ruf and wasn't able to continue.
Was exhausted anyways today. Thanks a lot for hosting, otherwise a great event.

Somehow missed the pit entrance with the sun in my eyes and only had a few drops of fuel left so it was over for me.Great race wile it lasted though.:)

Edit:Also forgot to mention server and game performed flawless for me,not a hint of lag at all.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
This was probably the most enjoyable rF2 race I had so far - hope the next Nordschleife event will be soon (and will have a similiar amount of drivers). Thanks to @Daiman Patel for organizing everything!

Also a big thanks to @Frederic Schornstein for creating the BOP mod :thumbsup: All cars still have the "ISI feeling" but are very close and will probably get even closer with the next updates.

Having so many pit stops as well as having the slower classes really made it feel like a VLN event.

The first two thirds of my race went rather well and I had a nice battle with @PaulH.
Unfortunately during my 3rd stint when I had progressed up to p13 the game presented me with a friendly pop-up message: rFactor2.exe has stopped working :poop:

Rejoined at p29, but rF2 crashed again a few laps later. Maybe it's because of the Trackmap plugin, will keep it disabled for the next race just in case.

What a close race with @Lars Brugman I hope I didnt cut you off badly in the 3rd stint. You were right on my bumper and with it being completely dark and the wind screen being very dirty on the Camaro visibility was very poor and I was slowed down by several seconds by it and was holding you up. You tried two moves which I couldnt really see. Shame you had a mistake towards the end that race was so damn close 1,5 hours and the gap real and virtual was never more than 1 second :D

Guys. We did it. We made it! :D This didn't really feel like a race as much as it did a huge adventure.

I've been simracing for more than 5 years now. Races this special are rare. I've imagined what racing at the Nurburgring at night would be like, done it with AI in the past, and marveled at the coverage of the real thing. But being here tonight dwarfs all that.

Thank you @Daiman Patel and RD for organizing this journey, and to everyone who joined to make this enormous. Many years from now I'll look back on today and smile.

Wow guy's! Class win in the Civic :thumbsup:

Only bad thing, the start. Some of the cars where crashing in front of me, so i had also some time lost due that crash. Luckily no damage :)

After that, just driving fast as possible, with only 1 x 9:20 and for the rest 9:1x :roflmao:. Easy win with a difference about 1:30 min :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thnx for the race!

I regret to not have been better prepared for this race, because the event was huge. The rf2 performance was good, I had to lower a bit some video settings, but that was all.

I ran out of fuel, but I never tried an entire stint before the race. May be it was because of the gearings setting.

Thanks for this race to everybody involved :)

Sorry for the small bump @Andre Gaida. Caused us both to spin.
I've put my nose in to a place where more patience would be more appropriate.
Sorry again.

There was a mess at the start after which I was almost last then.
Then turned my car on the ruf and wasn't able to continue.
Was exhausted anyways today. Thanks a lot for hosting, otherwise a great event.

No problem Miroslav. It could happen.
So i have so say, great mod so far, thanks for it and the amazing race.

Last edited:
Well let me first thank the staff for organising a truly epic event! :thumbsup:
This has to be the best ever race I have had the pleasure of being involved in, the racing, the atmosphere, and the light changing was spectacular! Then track became so different as dusk set in I was amazed :thumbsup:
Then the battle on track, oh boy! outstanding, great battle early on with @Dennis , then at the end with @Tal Segal I tried at spash & dash at the end but my tyres couldn't take it.
So happy just to finish! :)

For anyone who didn't save the realroad at the end of the race, you can download the file from here!

Fantastic event guys! Thank you very much! :D I'll write a more detailed debrief tomorrow; first I need a bit of a lie down after some intense racing, and so for now I bid you all goodnight. The replay file and a race analysis shall also be provided soon, for those who are interested. :thumbsup:

UPDATE:
The race results can be found here! :geek:

Last edited:
This was fantastic guys.:thumbsup:
Had a great time with the civic. Didn't have the pace to challenge the class leader but for a few laps i tried my best to avoid a big gap and hope for an incident ahead. With such a long race we never know what could happen but my mistake in the pits and a few crashes made me loose more time. No worries i was having so much fun i didn't want it to end.;)
Thank you all.

25 spots up from the start :laugh: Not as good as Tal's 32.

The start from the back was crazy, avoiding the carnage as cars appeared and disappeared due to having my visible cars lower for this race meant it was scary. Then i screwed up and spun and was pretty much at the back of the field.

So many meetings with the wall but it was one of the most enjoyable races to date. The track was awesome especially with HDR on. Managing to gain a spot on the last lap and then having a bright dashboard with minimal vision out the windshield from the headlights behind made sure that it was tense until i crossed the line.

Thanks @Daiman Patel and @Frederic Schornstein and everyone else that was involved. The BOP created some great racing. :D Looking forward to more races with it.:thumbsup:

This was fantastic guys.:thumbsup:
Had a great time with the civic. Didn't have the pace to challenge the class leader but for a few laps i tried my best to avoid a big gap and hope for an incident ahead. With such a long race we never know what could happen but my mistake in the pits and a few crashes made me loose more time. No worries i was having so much fun i didn't want it to end.;)
Thank you all.
You were very fast in the Civic. I had to lap you and it took a long time to get close, but very fair driving from all Civics. Lapping on the Nordschleife is intense.

Oh damn that race
At the start I got pusched off track, but nothing serious and no positions lost, then someone in front of me got overtaken, and slowed down mid corner I think for a cutback and that made me spin trying to avoid it. After letting all of the field through I got stuck on a curb first lap as well, way back in the field after lap 1 and the race was on :D
Managed to get back to 9th position with 99.52% consistancy (Don't know what it means, but it was high so I'll include it)
Some good fights but mostly just staying consistent did the trick for me, nice race hope to see this more often!

That was an amazing race. The server held it's own admirably.
As for me, I had decided that (after practicing with the corvette all the time) I will drive the Camaro in qualifying. Didn't have a setup and was racing the default one. So entering this race with a car that I have never completed a lap with should have meant disaster for me. BUT! It kept me on my toes, and I was able to make my way around the rubble at the start and have a great race. Had some very hairy moments fighting with people, and also had some nasty crashes. Managed to park the car on an apex at one point. I managed to leapfrog someone one lap before the end in the pits (I think it was @PaulH ). If he was looking in his rear mirror, He might have seen me wonder onto the grass in the long backstraight. That was me changing the pit settings. Decided not the change rear tires at the last minute. Proved a worthy decision :)

Wow, 32 positions gained. At least I got 1st place in something at this race :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing