rF2 2h WEC @ Nürburgring 24h - Saturday 31st January 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I tested the Merc on the server a bit. It seems to have the same problem as all the cars of this mod at the previous version of the track. Riding on the curbs produce sudden dramatic crashes. I guess it's a problem with car collision points. I'd recommend leaving the car out.

The developers of the track replied and with this size of the track some cars can cause issues. It would be up to the car Modders/ISI to fix the cars. So nothing we can do for now.
OK, interesting. Thanks for the update Freddy. :thumbsup: At least we now know for certain that the track is the cause as we had suspected. Still sounds like a combination of LOD and memory usage that's causing the flickering, due to the track; maybe the system is unable to render everything quick enough. Again, this is just a thought - I'm merely speculating. :p

I think it was the GTR that someone was driving and they said they had no sound.
Hmmm, how strange! That's definitely not the car that I would have expected to be missing audio. May potentially be a client side problem. Do you remember who was having this issue, and know whether or not it is still an issue? If so then I'll look into it further. :thumbsup:

OK, interesting. Thanks for the update Freddy. :thumbsup: At least we now know for certain that the track is the cause as we had suspected. Still sounds like a combination of LOD and memory usage that's causing the flickering, due to the track; maybe the system is unable to render everything quick enough. Again, this is just a thought - I'm merely speculating. :p
It is z-fighting, which can happen on bigger tracks, but only happens, if car dev do something, which they shouldnt do with the model. Tosch explained it in the isiforum, but I have no knowledge about that topic. Let's hope car modders make their car Nordschleife compatible as the track devs cant do a thing about it :(

It is z-fighting, which can happen on bigger tracks, but only happens, if car dev do something, which they shouldnt do with the model. Tosch explained it in the isiforum, but I have no knowledge about that topic. Let's hope car modders make their car Nordschleife compatible as the track devs cant do a thing about it :(

Ah right, so I was completely wrong! :roflmao: It is a graphical issue, but in the game itself. The z-index specifies in which order objects / elements should appear. A higher number (an object that is higher up the order) indicates that this object will always appear in front of elements with a lower numbers (objects that are lower down in the order). So I guess some track elements have a higher z-index than those of the panels that make up some of the cars, and so the panels appear to disappear and re-appear as it moves in front of objects where there objects in the background have a higher z-index. :geek:

Hmmm, how strange! That's definitely not the car that I would have expected to be missing audio. May potentially be a client side problem. Do you remember who was having this issue, and know whether or not it is still an issue? If so then I'll look into it further. :thumbsup:
I think it was @Michael Morgenthal if I'm not mistaken,or it could of been the other guy witch i cant remember his name and i think he was somebody who is not signed up.My guess it was most likely a client side problem whoever it was.I have had no problems,but i have only driven the Porsche 799 so far on line.

IMPORTANT - SERVER IS UP

The server has been updated, and is back up.

The following changes have been made:
  • Corvette GT2 BOP has been updated to v0.4 (this can be downloaded via GetMod)
  • The vmod has been updated, and will automatically download on login
  • Apex Modding Porsche 779 & Corvette Z06 have been removed from the available cars list (these can be re-added later if desired)
  • Corvette GT2 BOP 2009 specification has been removed from the available cars list
  • Damage multiplier has been reduced to 20%
  • Weather conditions have changed from Mixed to Dry at all times

The following issues are known:
  • Apex Modding SLS AMG GT3 & ISI Honda Civic flickering (issue caused by the track, but cannot be resolved without updates to the vehicle mods)
  • Seat Leon does not download via GetMod (this may have been resolved following the update, but it hasn't been tested; if it doesn't work then the mod can be manually downloaded - view the first post for the link)
  • Corvette GT2 BOP always defaults to the 2009 specification, even if the 2010 specification is selected (this should have been resolved following the update - see above)
If you notice any other issues please let me know so that I may attempt to resolve them.

By the way my lap times with the Porsche are around 8:55-9:00 range,so its a little slow,or I'm a little slow not sure witch.:p
The Porsche is going to be removed (for the time being) anyway, so that we can conduct the planned experiment. :D However, if you'd rather that we keep it in then just let me know.

I guess you missed my post above. Apex cars are a no-go on this track.... unless people enjoy landmines...
Hey Jyri,

Sorry, you're right - in amongst all of the other posts with was difficult to see. :whistling: For the time being we're going to keep the Mercedes because one of the primary aims of this event is to conduct an experiment, comparing the performance of the GT-R, Corvette, Camaro and SLS AMG GT3. ;) If the car continues to be a big problem then we'll look into omitting it, but for the moment we'd like to see how it goes (especially given that there's still just under 2 weeks until the race). :thumbsup: I hope this sounds OK.

Still no luck downloading the Seat Eurocup from the server, just did it manually. But the Corvette BOP downloaded fine.

Something else that struck me as odd is after I cancelled the download for the Seat, the Corvette wasn't installed. It had only downloaded the RFCMP and left it there, I had to install that from the mod manager. Nothing major, but this might be one of those simple things that's easy to overlook.

I don't understand, no 2009 for the corvette ?
Unfortunately for the moment, yes. As Freddy has said, there is an issue where it's not possible to successfully select the 2010 engine upgrade under the tuning menu, thus as a temporary measure the 2009 specification has been removed so that it is possible to drive the 2010 version. Once we've determined the problem and a fix then the 2009 car will once again be available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hey Jyri,

Sorry, you're right - in amongst all of the other posts with was difficult to see. :whistling: For the time being we're going to keep the Mercedes because one of the primary aims of this event is to conduct an experiment, comparing the performance of the GT-R, Corvette, Camaro and SLS AMG GT3. ;) If the car continues to be a big problem then we'll look into omitting it, but for the moment we'd like to see how it goes (especially given that there's still just under 2 weeks until the race). :thumbsup: I hope this sounds OK.

As long as you are aware of it, it's all good.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%