rF2 2h WEC GT Racing @ São Paulo - Saturday 14th March 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My pleasure.
The setup I used last time at Sao Paulo (where I was running in the top few) is in the community folder in setups. Ill link below. Following the Nurburgring experience I will probably be lowering diff lock on coast.
If I make any other changes Ill let you know.
Look for Nissan GT1 sao race
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a5uoz32kn6ev0q3/AAAx4EVf0hY7T--gHrnGiP5Ja?dl=0
Just a short note. Fuel tank size is diffrent to the original and it might be better to run lower wings than the original ISI cars to be able to compete on the straights with the other cars, but the rest should to the trick as well on the BOP cars.

Argh this starts at an annoying time, gonna have to rush around a little but I should still make it. Prob gonna take the SLS

Argh just consulted the diary/the better half and the timings are a no go...for some reason I thought it started later. :( soz

After Joao pitted the second time I knew I could bring it home and left as I had problems with my stomach before the race and felt pretty bad with 50min to go.

Just a questiom for the GT-R drivers was the fuel tank to small for a one stop strategy or was it to have fresher tires?

@Frederic Schornstein Fresher tires. I went with 70L which gave me about 40 minutes of racing for each stint.

What a race that was. Fighting until the finish line.
Right from the beginning i knew i was going for a 2 pit stop strategy so i had to try and gain some time. Didn't have much luck since i got "stuck" behind Simon and lost precious seconds that would be of much use for the final stint.
After a while manged to overtake him and kept pushing trying my best to recover and put me in a better position for the first pit stop.

I was first and pushing like mad and then it was time for the first stop. Everything went without problems and joined in a good position but that lost time at the start was now doing some damage. Again pushing like crazy until the next stop, got some positions back and was again in first when the other pitted.

I knew that Fred was out of reach when i went for my second pit stop. Next goal was to try and stay on the podium. Pushing to the limit i was closing in on Simon and Matt but the time was running out. Caught Simon on the last minutes but again he defended his position pretty well so i didn't have the time to overtake him before the race was over. Those seconds lost on the first few minutes were crucial and the outcome could have been different. :D

Thanks and see you next time. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back