rF2 2h WEC GT Racing @ Nürburgring 24h - Saturday 28th February 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hmm, mayby i will bee there, i'm not sure. It is possible to skip practice and qual and join race instead? :)

i will use the civic like last time :)

Any timing available?
As long as you join the server before the race session begins then this is fine - the practice and qualifying sessions are not mandatory. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately there won't be any live timing available.

That's cool :)

Mayby option to add the liveracers plugin, easy to use and informative for everyone :)
I think liveracer won't come back. As far as I know most leauges dont use it anymore as it caused a lot of problems.

But if you are interested here are the results from the last round.
http://simresults.net/150131-1me
Keep in mind, that the BOP for the ISI GT cars has changed. The Camaro gained 15kg and the Corvette lost 40kg and the Nissan lost 100kg, so I am expecting a Corvette or Nissan on pole, but they have less pace in the race than the Camaro. The Apex cars are a bit unknown, but their pace looks good and they have a much bigger fuel tank.In general the pace should be a bit higher as the drag had to be reduced on the ISI GT cars to match the Apex cars. With very good track conditions we could see times below 8.30 again, but that will require some more track evolution.

What would you guys advise me to drive? I've been trying the Apex Porsche but what would be best for my standard of racing. Cheers
I found the Porsche a bit edgy to drive in the last club race. I really had to push it agressively to go fast and was close to crashing it a few times :D something I dont want to do on the Nordschleife. The BMW is a much friendlier car from the Apex cars. The Nissan or Corvette are fairly easy when you have auto-blip enabled. Some drivers struggle with manual blipping.
The Civic and Clio are both nice. The Civic maybe needs less rear ARB and more rear wing to keep it from sliding that much and with the hard tire wear isn't a big issue. In general I found the FWD cars very enjoyable on the Nordschleife (much more than I expected), because you can save them easily (floor the throttle) and they can go pretty fast. Richard set a 9:12 lap in the Civic in the last race.

I found the Porsche a bit edgy to drive in the last club race. I really had to push it agressively to go fast and was close to crashing it a few times :D something I dont want to do on the Nordschleife. The BMW is a much friendlier car from the Apex cars. The Nissan or Corvette are fairly easy when you have auto-blip enabled. Some drivers struggle with manual blipping.
The Civic and Clio are both nice. The Civic maybe needs less rear ARB and more rear wing to keep it from sliding that much and with the hard tire wear isn't a big issue. In general I found the FWD cars very enjoyable on the Nordschleife (much more than I expected), because you can save them easily (floor the throttle) and they can go pretty fast. Richard set a 9:12 lap in the Civic in the last race.
Cheers, I will do some laps in the Civic and see how it goes.

Jim Freddy mentioned the BMW.
If you like a rear wheel drive (which I do). I found the E90 BMW a pussy cat. Very predictable, nice top speed. I have a setup too. So test it fella.
Setup in the setup section under BMWE90 Nord
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...i-camaro-bes-911-gt3-1992-open-wheeler.92120/
I think fred was talking about the z4 ;) (Unless you realised this and are just suggesting the e90 in which this has become completely useless.)

Also i suffered big time from the curb stopping in the e90 even if i only just touched the curbs. Just check out the touring car race we did here a while ago, plenty of pictures haha.

As you are not a licensed member you would be required to upgrade your account to premium starting at just 2.5€ per month (up to 20€ per year)
http://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

May be a stupid question, but how does one become a licensed member?

Edit: got my answer by using the search engine. Will there be more races like this one, on the big Ring? I just bought the game now but I don't want to commit to a league before figuring out if I like the thing or not :)

May be a stupid question, but how does one become a licensed member?

Edit: got my answer by using the search engine. Will there be more races like this one? I just bought the game now but I don't want to commit to a league before figuring out if I like the thing or not :)
This is not a league race bud but just what is called a club race where it is just for fun ish

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%