rF2 2h WEC GT Racing @ Nürburgring 24h - Saturday 28th February 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Frederic Schornstein One more thought re the BOP.
The GTR will possibly lose some advantage at Sao Paulo.
The cars will suffer more with weight in performance and tyre wear. The Nordschleife with its many long straight sections possibly kinder to the GTR.
I'll hold the ebay auction on the carbon rear wing till I hear.

I think it´s hard use green hell for bop purposes. It´s more about how good you know the track and driver skill. Car itself means little except it need to be easy to drive.
Yes, but I know the drivers in the cars. Most of the testing wasn't done on the Nordschleife, because that would require so many hours to get the car 100% to the limit and put in a perfect lap.
For example in the last race we had Camaros and Corvettes mixed up at the front in qualy within 1 second and I knew that the limiting factor wasn't the driver, but the car. For example Aleksi did a 8.20 in qualy, that is impossible with the Camaro. Best lap possible would be around 8.27, but I intended a gap between the GT-R and Camaro in qualy, because of tire wear, but 7 seconds was 3 or 4 seconds more than I wanted it to be. But I have to look at the results and the race pace. Unfortunately I couldnt start on my grid spot to have first hand information. The Corvete and Camaro are now nicely balanced and with equal stint length and no weight penalties on the Apex cars these all should fit well together. Now I only need to scale back the GT-R a bit, which maybe had a bit low drag, but the Apex cars forced me to make a late adjustment on that :(

Congrats to everyone who managed to endure the 2 hours in the green hell.

Had a very fun race, it was my first time to drive the Apex GT3 mod, as I only had driven the EGT by URD yet. But after some laps, I had a feeling about the handling, despite I think my setup was rubbish. But after all I cannot complain, I set the 8th fastest time in Qualifying.

The start was a bit chaotic, due to 2 restarts, but at the real start I managed to climb in third place on the GP track. I've made many mistakes, I think because I had too little experience on the Apex and also because the track was hell too dark at the beginning for me.
Had many great fights, however most were impossible for me cause I was 20 - 30kph slower on the Döttinger Höhe, as I said, bad setup haha.

In the end it was P5 and I am very pleased with that.
Hope to race another time with you guys.

@James Maskell & @Tal: I maintain what I said - it was all down to server issues! :whistling::roflmao:

First time ever that I've given up part way through a race. I was getting so frustrated - it was all of my own making though, due to a lack of testing and practice, as well as poor setup decisions. I promise that it'll never happen again. :p Hoping for a better race at São Paulo. :D

Thanks very much again @Frederic Schornstein & @Gijs van Elderen for all of the work that you put in to setup the event. In spite of the issues that I had with tire wear, it was great fun. If we can continue to pull in these sorts of numbers on a fortnightly basis this will be an incredible mini-series! ;)

@David O'Reilly: we were all really upset on TS that you didn't grace us with your presence and words of wisdom! Hopefully you can join us next time! :laugh:

Last edited:
Firstly big thanx to @Frederic Schornstein and @Gijs van Elderen for all the work and time they put into this. :thumbsup: Really appriciated guys! :)

Well, qually was good for me, my personal best a 8:39. :) Was good for a top 10 start.:D

I came slow from the line and lost a place at the start. The racing went fine till halfway the 2nd sector where I span and was pointing in the wrong direction in the outside of a blind corner, so had to wait till I could rejoin safely. I dropped from 9th to 26th position and lost about a minute. I gained a few spots back and was on Freddy's tail who tried to overtake Cosima Streppone. On a moment Freddy made a little mistake, so I could pass him, but a few corners later he was on my tail, so I didn't make it too difficult for him. :) I watched him try everything to pass Cosima and when he finally did I had to do the same. I knew I was quicker, but this narrow track and hard defending was impossible to pass him as we were both in the same car. I kept the pressure on him and when he made a little mistake I passed him and never saw him again. :) I drove my laps and find myself in 8th position on 20 seconds from April. I was able to make the gap smaller (17 seconds or so). April was out of sync in pitstops from me. When I came back on track again the gap grew to 22 seconds. I pushed the car too hard to gain time on her, but due to everdriving the car I only lost 10+ seconds per lap. I finished 9th at the end which included a 30seconds penaly for speeding in the pitlane. :D
Overall it was a lonely race, but I had a blast. TS was fun as ever and I hope more peeps will join us there. I garantee you that you will have many good laughs.:D

Thanx everyone and hope to see you all again on the grid of Interlagos. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@James Maskell & @Tal: I maintain what I said - it was all down to server issues! :whistling::roflmao:

First time ever that I've given up part way through a race. I was getting so frustrated - it was all of my own making though, due to a lack of testing and practice, as well as poor setup decisions. I promise that it'll never happen again. :p Hoping for a better race at São Paulo. :D

Thanks very much again @Frederic Schornstein & @Gijs van Elderen for all of the work that you put in to setup the event. In spite of the issues that I had with tire wear, it was great fun. If we can continue to pull in these sorts of numbers on a fortnightly basis this will be an incredible mini-series! ;)

@David O'Reilly: we were all really upset on TS that you didn't grace us with your presence and words of wisdom! Hopefully you can join us next time! :laugh:
I confess that I considered TS but was a bit afraid that I might not be able to multi task on a track as challenging as the Ring. On shorter tracks I should be fine.

At some point of the race I thought you might had the stig at the wheel as you were on fresh tires and I couldnt get away, that was also my explanation for me why you were not in TS :D
LOL Freddy

Yes his cover would have been blown if you heard his voice.:roflmao:

On that lap when I was on your gearbox and another where I chased doen Christian and managed a pass in S2 I did think "who are you and what have you done with the real David".:D

I confess that I considered TS but was a bit afraid that I might not be able to multi task on a track as challenging as the Ring. On shorter tracks I should be fine.
HAHA! That's what we presumed. :D I completely understand that for tracks such as The Ring concentration is key, and distractions are anything but helpful. And as Freddy says, we also briefly believed that you had morphed into or been replaced by The Stig! :roflmao: Till next time! :)

Sorry for being really late. This new name change stuff makes it some hard work to find out the non-premium members. Indeed we had only 7 non premium mebers onboard and they all received a PN. If you are non-premium and have received one, please let me know as it is manually checking more than 30 drivers and slip ups can happen.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 116 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 431 39.7%