rF2 2h WEC @ Bahrain International Circuit - Sat 12th July 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Have just around 100 laps on rf2 so far thats why i struggle alot with the new tyre physic. But indeed it was fun even i knew after a few laps iam faster on the straights so you will probably not have any chance on the straights. But i was so f.....ing slow in the corners due to the brake puncture that it was just a question of time until you will get me.

But i will join some of the next races, if there are interesting ones, to learn the new game.

Had a horrible race. I spent 6 minutes in spinning....:notworthy:. I had one pit stop and to my surprise I got a 90 second damage repair.... Damage from what? Never touched anything or anyone.... :D Must be another rF2 surprise. :D
Drove my laps , span my spins, drove over the finish. :)

Thanx for the organisation guys. I wish ISI had so much commitment as you have! :thumbsup: Hopefully they fix that nasty memory bug soon.

Thanks to the staff that they get the race running :thumbsup:
Thru the troubles i gained one position in the grid :)

For the rest long story short. Something or someone hit me at the end of the first formation lap. I did a little flight and has the result i had a damaged car. So i only could manage wreck 2 hour around the track.

Well guys and girls, believe it or not I spectated the whole race.
My FFB went and didn't have a reset allocated (Thanks Miroslav). Tried pit stopping and turning wheel off and on but no avail.
Watched the battles unfold. Saw plenty of action.
Dino and Fred was epic, .3 sec after 2 hrs. I wondered how you saved 10 sec in the pits Fred, good thinking. Simon led while Dino and Fred pitted.
In GTE
Miroslav and Jakub battled on differing strategies and April worked her way up the field. I thought Alexi had April covered but he was on a lower fuel load, and you got him when he pitted, good driving.

Even though I didn't race, I want to echo what April said above. A big thanks to the Staff. Wasn't an easy night and you delivered.
Well done to all who raced.
Just been practicing in the spec Miata at Putnam. Seemed a little like the kiddy pool after watching the guns battle at Bahrain.

Dino and Fred was epic, .3 sec after 2 hrs. I wondered how you saved 10 sec in the pits Fred, good thinking. Simon led while Dino and Fred pitted.

That was the plan in the lonely race. Led the the faster guys ahead do their pitstop. I also saved more than 10sec in the pits. But with the big gaps you dont see it so obviously. Maybe i shouldn't have told Frederic how you do it ;)

For the rest long story short. Something or someone hit me at the end of the first formation lap. I did a little flight and has the result i had a damaged car. So i only could manage wreck 2 hour around the track.
I was the car behind you. I didn't touch you but out of the blue I just saw you barrel rolling was quite scary really. Waited for you to take up your position though :)

Had a horrible race. I spent 6 minutes in spinning....:notworthy:. I had one pit stop and to my surprise I got a 90 second damage repair.... Damage from what? Never touched anything or anyone.... :D Must be another rF2 surprise. :D
Drove my laps , span my spins, drove over the finish. :)

Thanx for the organisation guys. I wish ISI had so much commitment as you have! :thumbsup: Hopefully they fix that nasty memory bug soon.

If you spin your floor might be damaged ? :-D

Now that the race is gone, could anybody be so kind to share an EGT (i used the AM) setup?

I now I'm not a very fast driver. I'm usually 3" slower per lap from the fastest ones but in this track I was more than 6" and I'm still thinking why On the race my average lap time was around 2.04.5xx.

Besides that I really enjoyed the event and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Grats to the organizers

My race: good 1st qualy session and then a horrendous one, got held up multiple times but oh well. My pace in the first session surprised me actually.

Race: yeah those multiple attempts at a race start threw me off and the lack of rubber on the track really effected my confidence in the first few laps. I thought that i could possibly beat simon but i just made so many mistakes and ended up with damage that i dont know how i got. The car was very nervous under brakes compared to how it was in qualy so that didn't help my pace in the race and probably was the catalyst for a number of mistakes i made. I probably got the damage during the weirdness of the opening/yellow laps.

Also i apologise to the GTEs that i made mistakes in front of as i tried to overtake them. It took me a while before i found places where it was easy/safe to make an overtake. Sometimes i felt so stupid for trying some overtakes so sorry to those guys.

Overall i thought it was a good race. Thanks to the organisers for putting up with the crap that the server and rf2 dealt you guys. You provided us with a great race even if it didn't start that smoothly. :thumbsup:

Thanks for organizing, this ended up going quite well.
But please no safety-car anymore in the future pls^^

Race started quite bad with a big slip on acceleration on turn4 where I lost the lead.. Had some more moments later in the race on this turn, somehow my rear somehow decided to lock up there when I was sliding a bit. This car really hates any kind of sliding as the rear decides to do its own thing when you loose traction.

Had a constant shield of GT-Cars between us and my rare free-laps weren't fast enough, that was not good at all from my side yesterday.
Pitstop ended up beeing bad as well, took too much fuel and wasn't 100% sure where my pitbox was :(

I've tried to risk more with all the overtakings in the second half, as I was loosing too much in the first stint, but at one point I went in deep from too far behind with Bjorn and half-spun my car on his tank-Ferrari^^ (or Ferrucio or whatever) :D

Wasted a lot of time there since I ended up beeing right behind Fred in the end again. The next shield would have been dirty-air to overcome, but race was already over :(
Had too much tires left so did not use them well at all.

Yeah, not a good race from me, but had good fun here with mostly good behaviour in lapping and all that.
Well done to Frederic and the other finishers,
see you all :)

Btw it is possible to rejoin after a disco or only if you have parked the car in the garage?

Yes with the latest build it works again (ISI broke that feature some builds ago) :thumbsup:

Edit: And thanks everyone for participating! In the end it was a lot of fun despite the issues at the start :)

Edit2:
April Dillon said:
Because when so many cars don't launch like bats out of hell, rF2 assumes there's something seriously wrong and sends out the safety car.

That seems to have been the issue. I looked it up and we cannot deactivate it completly, but we will set the threshold a lot higher for next time.

Once again a great event.

Didn't drive in the second quali so had to start from last position. Did a couple of overtakes at start and then spun so I was at the bottom once again :). Managed to fight my way up to 4th position in the end. But I have to say it was sooo much fun to race in the beginning. Made more overtakes in the first 20 mins than in last 3 races combined.:D

Here is a bunch of them..

Once again a great event.

Didn't drive in the second quali so had to start from last position. Did a couple of overtakes at start and then spun so I was at the bottom once again :). Managed to fight my way up to 4th position in the end. But I have to say it was sooo much fun to race in the beginning. Made more overtakes in the first 20 mins than in last 3 races combined.:D

Here is a bunch of them..
I was wondering why you were so far down the order when I was lapping you ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%