rF2 2h WEC @ Bahrain International Circuit - Sat 12th July 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for all the hard work to the RD Staff for getting this event underway, even with all the problems rFactor 2 has atm.

I had a spin which gave me 5 consecutive 10sec stop/go's!!!!

Prob give rf2 a miss until next build has been released. :cry:

Last edited:
This thing was intense until the end. Crossing the finish line side by side. :)

I'm not a big fan of the track so my goal was just to finish without many mistakes. I did finish but still did too many errors that cost me a lot of time.

There were plenty of cars around so had to push hard while nursing the tires which is not so easy. :p

By the looks of it everyone had fun and so did i. Thanks to all :thumbsup:

That was fantastic fun thank you to the staff for organising this.
The LMP1 was a dream to drive but very twitchy. Definitely going to use that again :)
I used this race as a test and was happy with last in class.
Qualified in forth finally and was happy with my pace.
Race went well except for to incidents completely my fault.
First sorry to David (I think it was) into the last turn a few laps in misjudged my braking point and couldn't avoid you.
Second to James (again I think it was you) as we lapped the corvette after you lapped me I couldn't see my brake point as the corvette was in the was, next thing I saw the 50m board and tried to miss you but again I couldn't.
Other than that it was a great race till the end when for some reason I kept getting 10 second penalties.
Great race and hope there is another one soon :)

Second to James (again I think it was you) as we lapped the corvette after you lapped me I couldn't see my brake point as the corvette was in the was, next thing I saw the 50m board and tried to miss you but again I couldn't.

yeah that was me haha, i saw you in my mirror at the last second and tried to swerve but it didn't make much difference. The impact didn't even do any damage and no impact on my race. I actually laughed when it happened as i figured that you had missed your marker.

@Daiman Patel and @Dennis Coufal rF2 really tested you guys today. But you immediately jumped on top of the problems and got the race started and finished. I'm sure we all appreciate your patience and your persistence, and by the end were very grateful to have it. :)

I guess we were all caught out by surprise by the start too. I guess it's an issue with using manual rolling starts with the safety car. Because when so many cars don't launch like bats out of hell, rF2 assumes there's something seriously wrong and sends out the safety car. But then, that was the least of our technical difficulties. :p

The race was good from then on. Had some close, clean battles along the way, especially at the start with @Stefan Kanitz. I spent almost half an hour trying to find a way past. Awesome way to start the race! :D

Awesome race, I never drove so consistent, 60 laps with no mistakes :-D.

Had some fun battles, but most of the time quite lonely, thanks for organizing!

@Daiman Patel and @Dennis Coufal rF2 really tested you guys today. But you immediately jumped on top of the problems and got the race started and finished. I'm sure we all appreciate your patience and your persistence, and by the end were very grateful to have it. :)

I guess we were all caught out by surprise by the start too. I guess it's an issue with using manual rolling starts with the safety car. Because when so many cars don't launch like bats out of hell, rF2 assumes there's something seriously wrong and sends out the safety car. But then, that was the least of our technical difficulties. :p

The race was good from then on. Had some close, clean battles along the way, especially at the start with @Stefan Kanitz. I spent almost half an hour trying to find a way past. Awesome way to start the race! :D
For me as well big thanks to the start. Even though I lost pole you guys resolved the problems as fast as possible. RF2 still needs a bit of tweaking with 64-Bit I guess.

I was lucky to get by Dino after T4 and then I was a bit quicker in traffic, but before the stop he was close (1 or 2 seconds). Therefore I recalculated my fuel (due to the longer formation laps), so I don't loose time. In the end I gained around 10 seconds in the pits and then further 10 seconds on my second stint. With 18min to go I had a huge and bit weird spin, which cost me 15 seconds and some of my tyres.

After that I went into save mode and brought it home 3 tenth ahead of Dino:whistling:

Bahrain is a really good track in terms of coping with traffic. I will attach prove, that you can go around the outside uphill.
Had a big moment a few laps in (also in the vid) and the Corvette wasn't see thru like in the video. The Ferrari just came out of nowhere from my point of view:confused:

I wanted to add the tyres were pretty fine on the Lola. I really preserved the rears as this car finally is harder on the rear tyres on naturally rear limited tracks. Usually Bahrain is front limited in rF2, but rear limited in reallife.

But with more than 60% left at the end of the stint you had a bit of a drop in performance. I was so much faster on fresh tyres even with high fuel, that was really nice :) You could probably double stint them, but it is not worth it.

I haven't tried the Slick Endurance. I was racing on the normal Slicks.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%