RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thought i made a mistake signing up for this but was completley wrong!!! GREAT FUN!

Q13th but got a bad start plus a bit of a nudge on 1st lap, P17. But after a few spinners and pitters was P6 with 20 mins left and a 20 sec gap behind. Got 1st tyre warning 17 mins left, car was still ok, got 2nd few laps later and times dropped off 4 sec a lap! Soon lost places to Lee, Nigel & Keith.

Put a wheel on the inside kerb at the hairpin & got a stop/go, no previous track cut warnings???? hit esc in disgust with 8 mins left.

Grats to top 3 & all that finished! Better mention big brothers 3rd place, well done mate!!!:thumb:

Thanks RD for another gr8 event:)

Apologies to all for leaving early last night, my rather short report and to Grant for the confusion. As I mentioned, I felt it best if I left last night the mood I was in - accidents happen, but 3 times in the same week and you begin to feel like you've got a bullseye on your bootlid.:rolleyes:

Anyway, moving on, thanks to all for another fantastic Mini event. Really beginning to love these cars:thumb:

Practice and qualifying saw me make good progress, from barely being able to scrape under 2.05.xxx beforehand, down to a very respectable, for me anyway, 1.56.815:)

After a good, clean start from everyone (nice one chaps:thumb:) I settled into the MkII Sofa for the long haul picking up places and having some fun jousting with quite a few folk, namely Sebastien Poidevin in the first 11 laps (gr8 fun fella:D) I had set to work chasing after Laurance Lemon, however the effort of keeping up obviously cooked my brakes and was starting to mash up the front tyres, manifesting itself in a sort of kissing the armco style for a couple of laps which eventually allowed Sebastien to catch up and pass. At this point I felt it prudent to back off a bit which certainly helped as the car cooled. Grip and braking were much improved.

Now it all got a bit weird, as there I was coasting around more or less on my own and suddenly I'm up into 9th. Thinking I could quite concievably get through to the end on one set of tyres I kept a steady pace which Grant exploited and got right behind me. Another lap or so of duelling came to an end at the Nouvelle chicane.:(

Simon sorry for the confusion when i hit the back of your car i was waiting for you then you said sorry ?, yep you was slower then me into the corner but i still hit you that was why i was waiting but could not wait any longer due to where we where positioned on the track. so sorry about that.
No worries, that was me frantically trying think where I'd remapped my ignition button to:pound: When I did find it and fired up I was then told my race was over, damage irreparable (I do find that chap annoying sometimes!) I dare say all those little scrapes and nudges of the armco earlier on contributed to my downfall....oh well.

So, thank you all for another great Mini night, hope I can make the next, although I think I'm on a 1900 finish next Friday so it may be cutting it fine.

Simon:)

PS @ Nigel Atkins - I love your Mini m8, it's lush. First time I've been up close to it last night.:cool:

after spending 2 days in bed with the headaches from hell i almost didn`t race, but i`am glad i did in the end :thumb:

i only managed a few laps when testing the server, spent most of practice bouncing of the walls with a full tank of fuel so decided best to stop halfway for fuel and tires.

quali didn`t go to well only manged 16th with a 1:56.6

got a good start and found myself sandwiched between 2 cars going in T1, so i backed of slightly and found myself in 13th going up the hill. for the next 6 laps or so was having a great fight with Keith & Neil F, at 1 time we was 3 abreast going into the Nouvelle chicane and a lap or so later i bumped Neil F in the same corner which pushed him wide letting me through so i slowed to let him back past. shortly after that i had almost caught them back up when going through the swimming pool complex i saw trouble ahead, at 1st i thought Keith & Neil F had come together but couldn`t see much for all the smoke, i jinked to the right to avoid Neil F only to find Neil G facing to wrong way Doh, after i opened my eyes i to found myself facing the wrong way lol.
managed to get pointing the right way without anyone hitting me phew.
now down in 16th, managed to out brake Simon B & Yassen and with a few pitting i was upto 9th.
made my stop around lap 16 and rejoined back in 13th, but only a few seconds behind Lee, and suddenly my lap times dropped from 1:57`s to 1:56`s. smelling Lee`s fear i pushed hard, and when he caught Laurance i thought i would get a lot closer, but he got past quite quick, the following lap i past Laurance in the same place, and set off chasing Lee again.
then he caught Keith and i thought my luck was in again, but the sly bugger got past him to with out losing to much time, after a lap or 2 i also got past Keith but the gap had grown to Lee and i started to push to hard and made mistakes and with only a few laps left and 7secs behind i new i wouldn`t catch him.
finished 7th & had 1 of the best Mini races for ages :amen:

great stuff everyone, see you all next friday :thumb:

Qualified 5th

Race: Got a bad start and let Karoly past in t1 and spent the next few laps trying to hang on to him and keep Lee and Michael behind me, Damien then dissapeared out of p4 with connection problems and about lap 5 I started to push a bit harder and put Karoly under a bit of pressure but we started to make mistakes and this let Michael and lee catch back up but then Roy spun out of third and was across the track at one of the chicanes, I narrowly missed him as did Karoly but Michael wasn't so lucky!! Karoly pitted around L13 and this left me all alone :( with no chance of catching Ben or Gary I just tried to maintain the gap to 4th (no pitstop is the way to go but it makes those later laps mighty hard work!!) Well pleased with third though, grats to Gary and Ben and thanks to RD for setting this up, cya all next week or sooner! :D :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%