RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

5544d1222483922-gtr-evolution-race-07-stcc-event-planning-thread-z4_vs_aston_2-jpg

Class: GT Club (GTC)​

Track: VLM Mid Ohio (non chicane)

Start: 18:00​

Practice: 30 Minutes

Qualification: 30 Minutes
Race: 45mins Race
Server: RaceDepartment.com EVO
Weather: Dry
Password: click here
Track Downloads: HERE

Copy/Paste this form to sign up:

Code:
[LEFT]Real Name:[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Car:[/LEFT]

• Andrew Evans

ENTRY LIST
  1. Michael Herrmann - BMW M3 GTR [skin]
  2. Thierry Marchand - BMW M3 GTR
  3. Nils Wijk - BMW M3 GTR
  4. Neil Tennant - BMW M3 GTR
  5. Stirb Iuliu - BMW M3 GTR
  6. Olaf Mechau - BMW M3 GTR
  7. Hansi Josefsson - BMW M3 GTR
  8. Andrew Evans - Mosler MT900R
  9. Gregory Degreef - Mosler MT900R
  10. Driver - Mosler MT900R
  11. Driver - Mosler MT900R
  12. Driver - Mosler MT900R
  13. Driver - Mosler MT900R
  14. Lewis Fergusson - Marcos MarcoRelly
  15. Nigel Atkins - Marcos MarcoRelly
  16. Karl Westman - Marcos MarcoRelly
  17. Marcel vd Aa - Marcos MarcoRelly
  18. Lee Downham - Marcos MarcoRelly
  19. Darren Gardner - Marcos MarcoRelly
  20. Gary Lennon - Spyker C8
  21. Sam J Simpson - Spyker C8
  22. Driver - Spyker C8
  23. David Lemon - Spyker C8
  24. Victor Shaw - Spyker C8
  25. Simon Trendell - Spyker C8
RESERVES

• Andrew Evans

ENTRY LIST
  1. Andrew Evans - BMW Z4 GTR
  2. Lu Chan - BMW Z4 GTR
  3. Marcel vd Aa - BMW Z4 GTR
  4. Paul Bordeau - BMW Z4 GTR
  5. Chris Noble - BMW Z4 GTR
  6. Nigel Atkins - BMW Z4 GTR
  7. Darren Gardner- BMW Z4 GTR
  8. James Johnson - BMW Z4 GTR
  9. Sam J Simpson - BMW Z4 GTR
  10. Jari Vinnari - BMW Z4 GTR
  11. Ramon Van Rijn - BMW Z4 GTR
  12. Michael Hermann - BMW Z4 GTR
  13. Ian Beech - BMW Z4 GTR
  14. Jacek Kozlowski - Aston Martin DBRS9
  15. Oliver Amos - Aston Martin DBRS9
  16. Keith Ettles - Aston Martin DBRS9
  17. Neil Gault - Aston Martin DBRS9
  18. James Yates - Aston Martin DBRS9
  19. Stephane Dejoux - Aston Martin DBRS9
  20. Martin Holman - Aston Martin DBRS9
  21. Nick Carnell - Aston Martin DBRS9
  22. Simon Trendell - Aston Martin DBRS9
  23. Neil Tennant - Aston Martin DBRS9
  24. Gary Lennon - Aston Martin DBRS9
  25. Nils Wijk - Aston Martin DBRS9
RESERVES

1. Lee Downham
  2. Marcin Skrzypczak
  3. Daniel Juncadella

Quali 8th ... best yet(?)
Finished 6th (equal best)
Personal performance rating - V.GOOD :lol:

Got a good start, made up a place and held off Mr Hermann into T1 who was looking wildly to the inside :shocked:

This set a trend for next 15 mins till Micheal outbraked himself straight into me, sending me straight on and into the barrier :doh:
(NP dude ... it happens ... how were you to know someone was gonna throw a banana skin on the track :p)

Had a good bit of suspension damage tho ... front left ... damn ... made the track seem even more right handed now as I wallowed uneasy into every RH turn ... caused me big trouble hard braking and turn in for T1 which is where Michael got by (squeezed you hard as you came by though just to ensure you got value for money on your overtake :evil:)

Lap or so later ... Michael embedded his mini in the side of Roy's at the swimming pool, so I had a 4th gear "elk avoidance test" ... which I failed miserably :soh: and slammed hard in Michael :rolleyes:, but somehow my car started up again and the suspension damage evened itself out :laugh:

Was down to 5th and think I was making grounds on 4th, with Olaf catching then losing time on me from behind ... decided to do another 15 mins before pitting as my laptimes were now much better :twitch:

... but finally had to pit and get stuff fixed ... swapped shoes, bunged in some go-go juice and fixed all the broken stuff (whilst I waited I got out, took a pee, walked around a bit, made a few phonecalls, ate a chinese take-away, had a game of cards with some mates, and took in a movie ... finally though all the damage was fixed and I could go :wink:)

When I got back on track, I was in 9th ... so got my foot down, car was no longer handling like a boat, so I was hitting low 1:56's again ... quickly caught Lawrence, but managed to make a hard but fair pass on him ... was much faster than him, he outbraked himself trying to hold me off, I was down the inside and had the line, so held on to it as he tried with no avail to turn through me ... slight bit of paint traded but hopefully fair enough and no harm done Lawrence?

... with Nigel + 1 other pitting, it meant I was now in 6th ... Mr Atkins came out behind me and proceeded to chase hard ... but I managed to put a 7 or 8 second gap into him, and eventually hold it to the flag to take a good solid 6th in front of a few guys who normally beat me, so am very chuffed with that. :cool:

Cheers all involved ... fantastic conduct out there ... great racing on a tough but amazingly fun track ... this kind of event is what keeps RD racing special!! :thumb:

I knew there was a reason I wandered back in to the "new posts" section before going off to bed tonight ... could you be a gent and sign me up there pls Gary :wink:

Car: Asston Martian

and ... is the Z4 really that good that you two are defecting on us?:lol:
(not sure I can remember driving it yet :shocked:)

Lee Downham said:
and ... is the Z4 really that good that you two are defecting on us?:lol: (not sure I can remember driving it yet :shocked:

Welcome aboard Lee,im hoping for a good race here,ive tested both cars with the Ai and got quite close lap times,the BMW is a real treat to drive even with simple minor tweaks,the Aston is a tad more nervous feeling and requires more setup malarky to get the goods out of it.
Word of warning to all,against the Ai there about half a dozen Astons ran out of fuel in final sector of last lap,didnt notice any bimmers doing same,i think it best for all to do some practice and check out your fuel useage,i dont think it adds up with the garage fuel gauge,sometimes the case with custom tracks.

• Peter Byun

Special remarks: Never drove F3000, never Spa, tried it now, want to be there! Can somebody give me an idea what the lap times will be approx?
Will step aside if needed ***

I raced @ Spa several weeks ago and qualified @ 2:05 and fastest lap was mid 2:06. There were some people in my league in the 2:03 and 2:04s :alien:

Another fun event and my usual double number finish in the mini's.

Had a good few battles with Simon & Karoly

Simon sorry for the confusion when i hit the back of your car i was waiting for you then you said sorry ?, yep you was slower then me into the corner but i still hit you that was why i was waiting but could not wait any longer due to where we where positioned on the track. so sorry about that.

Karoly those couple of laps where great trading some pain in the progress :) when you overtook i closed right up actually hitting your rear end but then i got sideways later on and any chance of challenging to the end was gone but it was fun neverless.

Surprisingly i did not crash my car which i was sure i was going to do at some point LOL, yep the car had a few bruises but was o.k neverless.

Thr biggest surprise i think was that there was not pile ups as i think i lot of people expectedf there might me this is a testament to the skill of the drivers on here :)

So a P10 finish and a few good fights i am happy with that at Monaco :becky:

A very enjoyable race, managed to qualify in 7th so i was happy enough with that but i lost a couple of places at the start, then on lap 7 i took too much of a curb beside the swimming pool and it spun me but i managed to avoid hitting the barriers and sat there waiting for the traffic to clear before i could turn the car the right way when Nigel came along and i think he felt sorry for me as he gave me a thump and turned my car around for me :wink:, but the helping hand was just a bit too hard and it left me with no splitter and damage to my suspension so i had an early pit stop.

Came out of the pits in around p20 and then managed to claw my way back to p10 and was having a nice little battle to keep Karoly behind me but he took advantage when i had to lift to let p2 lap me and Karoly went past also but i do not think i could of kept him behind me much longer anyway as by this time my tyres that i had changed at lap 7 were now in shreds and i was very lucky to hang on to 11th place.

Congrats to all who finished this one as it was not an easy track but it was great fun, thnx all :thumb:

Still struggling to get to grips with these fwd cars but the more i drive them then the more i am getting to like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%