24H Macmillan Cancer Support: Live Stream - Saturday 21st September

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Macmillan Charity 24h Stream.jpg

Get your wallets out for a good cause - RaceDepartment are doing a 24 hour live stream marathon this Saturday 21st September.

Attempting to spend a full day and night live on the internet, this coming Saturday 21st RaceDepartment will look to become a Macmillan Cancer Support Game Hero - helping support the difficult challenges faced by those living with cancer.

Raising money for the Macmillan Cancer Support charity, we are asking our wonderful sim racing community to tune in and engage with our stream, and more importantly to donate to this wonderful charity - the more generous the donation the better!

So, what will we be doing to fill up a full 24 hours of live gaming? RaceDepartment staff member @Joseph Wright will be online sampling a variety of games, from Motorsport Manager, OMSI 2, BeamNG and MotoGP 17 to name a few...

As well as game action, Joseph will be throwing a few little twists into the day, and giving some insight into various behind the scenes activities here at RD. Q and A sessions with the community are a high possibility, and we may well even throw in some multiplayer gameplay with the viewers... plus a bunch of other stuff to keep you entertained!

Remember folks, the fight against cancer and the challenge experienced by those living with this dreadful illness is heartbreakingly difficult - together the world can overcome these challenges - but we need everyone's help... so dig deep and support Joseph in his bid to reach and hopefully surpass that £500 target!

Again, if you wish to donate hit up Joseph's Game Hero donation page HERE.

Sim Racing is awesome - let's prove our community is too!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I read it as "The fight against cancer.." meaning, those who have cancer, are engaged in a fight against the disease (a fight for their lives). Hence the need for the support provided by Macmillan.
Maybe it's just me. :unsure:

I only heard about this this evening and I think it seems like a really great idea/initiative/gesture from Joseph (and possibly others). I get your point about explaining what the charity does and I think you've made that point.
Could we all just get behind the event and focus on raising some money for a good cause please. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic idea and I'll make a donation later on to the Charity :thumbsup:

I'm in London this weekend doing the Shine Walk for Cancer Research UK on the 21st which should be a great event, although I'm living in fear in the office at the moment as I'm surrounded by unwell people! :confused::roflmao:

I won't post a link here but if anyone wishes to donate a few pound then send me a PM, and I'll send a link to my just giving page.

Good luck with the event Joseph and I hope you have lots of coffee on standby :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DND
Macmillan... they gave us exceptional support when my father was close to death, I really do not know how we as a family would have ever coped without their help.

Somebody arrived at the house at 7pm and left at 8am, seven days a week, it allowed the family some time out and to get some sleep, it is so stressful and tiring caring for someone.

My Father's wish was to pass away at home with his family, hence why he never moved into a hospice.

My Father was around for two weeks in a terrible state, before he passed away, God bless him. Macmillan were there giving us support for the whole period.

The nurse who gave us so much support, even attended my Fathers funeral.

Indeed Joseph, a great cause.

I only heard about this this evening and I think it seems like a really great idea/initiative/gesture from Joseph (and possibly others). I get your point about explaining what the charity does and I think you've made that point.
Could we all just get behind the event and focus on raising some money for a good cause please. :thumbsup:
My Grandma and on of my Uncles died due to Cancer. At the moment my Mom suffers from lungcancer. Thank you Guys for this initiative. I can not say how much that means to me. You are AWESOME, thank you.

A great cause. My wife had breast cancer and calls herself “a survivor”. Without Macmillan though, we couldn’t have done it. Its so hard on the one who has the disease but also on loved ones who see what they are going through. A great gesture RD guys.

After sleeping for over 12 hours, I am refreshed and ready for starting in 2 hours time. I hope you will all join me for this wonderful cause. :)

We have raised almost £200 before the stream has even begun, and I really hope we can smash the £500 target during the event. I will be thanking the people who donated before the stream at 30 minutes into the broadcast and then will be thanking those who donate during the event at every hour. :notworthy:

I will be open to backseat gaming, discussions and questions throughout the stream, and will engage in most conversations taking place in the chat, so please get involved whenever you get some free time :barefoot:

Good luck Joseph.
I have a long day of work today, but I should have some quiet moments when I can catch up with how this is all going.
Good luck with the fund raising, I'm sure you'll do well mate. :thumbsup:

Watching the start of your stream, I see you managed to get a good excuse to play non stop and stream with your Mum's blessing, well done! :D

Joke aside, thanks for helping and bringing to attention such a cause. Fighting with cancer (or any similar awful disease) forces to put everything else aside and brings lots of stress to the relatives too. I have the greatest respect for the people who help the sick and their families in such tough times. Hats off for taking part in helping them out! I'm sure with the help from the great RD community you'll meet your target! Good luck. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%