rF2 24 Laps of Le Mans - Mon 5th June 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Formula 1 2023.jpg

The 24 Hours of Le Mans is one of the most iconic races in Motor Racing, so what's the best thing to do to kick off the week leading up to the great race? Well, why not run a couple of races around the Circuit de la Sarthe! We start with a Grand Prix of modern F1 cars. A longer circuit than you would ever see these cars on, but no less iconic and definitely something many Motorsport fans would love to see happen in Real Life. Strap up and get ready to bump down the straights for an epic experience.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SSM
Car(s):
  • Formula Hybrid-22 (2023 and 2022) - [STEAM]
Track: Le Mans 24H - [DLC (Standalone)] & [DLC (Track Pack plus Sebring, Nurburgring & Monaco)]
Layout: Circuit de la Sarthe 2022
Air Temperature: 22°C
Fixed Setups: No
Start Type: Formation/Standing
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Low
Gimmicks: Tyre strategy, Slightly more sensitive Safety Car
1685394777449.png

Schedule: (EU) Monday 5th June 2023
Practice: 19:00 BST (45 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:50 BST (30 minutes)
Warm-Up: 20:20 BST (5 minutes)
Race: 20:25 BST (24 Laps) (Use two tyre compounds)

Time Zone converter

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged! Show off your Photoshop (or Google) skills and turn up with a unique car colour that we will all know is you on track!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.
DRIVER LIST
  1. ThreeLionz (Defending Champion!)
  2. Jimlaad43
  3. Roy Magnes
  4. Jan Larsen
  5. Lesley Buurlage
  6. Ingemar Petersson
  7. Stammeleer
  8. Jasje
  9. Steve Le Gallez
  10. eN1Xes
  11. max1966i
  12. Monkey T
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
  27. Free Spot
  28. Free Spot
  29. Free Spot
  30. Free Spot
  31. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP

Last edited:
We have 10 people signed up currently. To allow for more signups or late dropouts, I will make the call on 12 laps or 24 laps at 19:30BST, Twenty minutes before official qualifying starts. If we drop down to 12 laps I will give us an extra 10 minutes of practice before starting quali. It is only an early time so that the race doesn't go too long.

Thanks to everyone who joined tonight, and for all sticking about to the end! I was surprised how well the tyres held up, with myself managing 14 laps on the Mediums and 10 on the Softs for a comfortable 1-stop.

The race was 1 lap more than a Grand Prix distance would have been, but we still finished super early. The 1 hour 15 mins finish time for our winner @Jan Larsen averaged 260kph for the race, which for reference is 13kph faster than the 2003 Italian GP, the fastest F1 race ever. Lesley's 3:00.5xx Pole Lap averaged 271kph!

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back