F1 2011 24 fov optimized cockpit view for triple screens

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to paul lock for the cockpit view with hud and to chad smith for his 2010 guide on how to tweak the cockpit view. all credits to them.

this is a little tweak that i have made for the williams so it has a realistic fov in my eyefinity setup. it may work in other cars with a few minor tweaks (the file can be edited directly in windows notepad), but i haven't tested.

it has a higher cockpit view with hud and a slightly lower without it. in the second one, you'll be able to see drs indicator on the wheel and full mirrors, despite being a bit too low for my taste. drs light is partially behind my wheel in the pic, but you can see it well, i swear :p

i also lowered the head shaking effect, since it gets very strong at the default levels in this view.

just copy the camera.xml to your "f1 2011/cars/wi1" folder. make sure to have a backup of your original file in case it messes something up.

1000651.jpg

1000650k.jpg

couldn't get screenshots. sorry for the crappy photo quality.

Attachments

• cameras.rar
    5.4 KB · Views: 259
you can adjust it to your taste for the car you're using, conny. it's not that hard, let me show you how.

first, make a backup of the cameras.xml of the car you want to edit. each car has a folder. fe1 is ferrari, mc1 is mclaren and so on...

copy my file over the original one. right-click it and choose "edit". it shall open in the notepad. hit F3 in your keyboard, type "head-cam" and click ok. it will send you to the cockpit view (without hud) edition lines (they start with View type="Head" ident="head-cam"...). scroll down a bit. the second parameter line below it will read Parameter name="fov" type="scalar" value="24.0000". all you have to do is change the value to a lower one (i.e: 23.0000, 22.0000) if you want to sit closer to the wheel and to a higher one if you want to sit further.

keep scrolling down through the other parameters until you see this line Parameter name="position" type="vector3" x="0.0000" y="0.7130" z="0.0040". here you can change sit height. all you have to do is change the "y" value to a higher or lower one if you want to sit higher or lower, respectively.

now hit F3 two more times and you'll hopefully get to the lines where you can edit the cockpit view with hud. the line starts with View type="Head" ident="head-cam1". there, you can change the same parameters for fov and y position. tweak them to taste, save the file and you're good to go.

i didn't make it for all cars because it's too much of an annoyance having to get out of the session, alt-tab the game, edit the file and restart the session many times until it looks good. but if you find it too difficult to tweak the file yourself and want a similar view for another car, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%