rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Silverstone National - Monday January 30th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
So. First ever pole. Loads of effort put in.

Good start. After 1st turn, everyone disapears, I pull to the side at Turn 2 and about 50 seconds later = Connection Lost.

I am the unluckiest sim racer in the world right now.

Qualified 6th for Race 2.

Race = Moved up to 5th at Turn 1, up to 4th at the exit of Turn 2 and up to 3rd at Turn 3. Challenged for 2nd at the start of Lap 2, me and Gary made contact and I let him back through.

A lap or 2 later, I spin at Turn 1 when following Wayne. I rejoin in 10th.

Another lap or 2 later, I pass Dominic into Turn 1, however he hits the back of me, spinning me and forcing me to lose 10 seconds. He did not let me passed.

A few laps later, he spins at Turn 3, however I got distracted as well and spun. I let him back through as I used a run-off area to regain, actually gaining a position.

After letting him through into Turn 1, he messes up at Turn 2, he was all over the grass and the kerbs and I had no room at all. He then talks saying "lol" "lol" "thank you bradley" (meant to be sarcastic). Read the rules Dominic. You are not supposed to talk during qualy or the race, you shouldn't ignore blue flags (which you did in Qualy 1) and you should let a car passed after an incident.

PS: I am sorry to the other driver's that had to deal with my comment. I would very rarely talk during a race, however this was an extreme circumstance that I was not happy with at all. At least I say sorry to people when talking, at least I let driver's passed.

race 1: qualified 9th in a tight field. strange start to the race with someone jump starting by miles and everyone disappearing. i had a couple of spins(both at turn 1) but had decent pace and was running by myself most of the race. finished 9th

qualified 2nd for race 2 and was second out of copse. then ran wide and lost 10(!) places going on to the gravel, after that was trying to get past kariem and when side by side in to t2 there was contact and i went in to the wall.

fun track but mistakes and incidents cost me today. looking forward to the ces pre-season race here on wednesday

Q1 - 3rd i think...
R1 2nd by turn one... 10th by turn 2... mr steven duCros having a cheeky lock up into t2 and knocking me off the track :p all is forgiven.

Q2 - 8th i think but the whole of the top 10 were split by only 5 tenths or something
R2 - avoided the crashes and spins and had a good battle with steve til i ran out of talent and tire grip.. thanks steve :D

Cheers Guys

Ps. don't want to sound whiney or moany but please don't chat during quali or race.. people who cant multitask like me get distracted :p

Stunning evening of racing guys.

Got to be happy with 2nd & 4th :)

Special mention to Dave S & Tony, in both races you gave no room for a daydream as the time gaps were small and constant :)

Also thanks to Wayne for the set up...i was lost before that, cheers buddy.

(also i had a "moment" with a Gulf livery car...I did back off and let you through again :) )

race 1: qualified 9th in a tight field. strange start to the race with someone jump starting by miles and everyone disappearing. i had a couple of spins(both at turn 1) but had decent pace and was running by myself most of the race. finished 9th

qualified 2nd for race 2 and was second out of copse. then ran wide and lost 10(!) places going on to the gravel, after that was trying to get past kariem and when side by side in to t2 there was contact and i went in to the wall.

fun track but mistakes and incidents cost me today. looking forward to the ces pre-season race here on wednesday

He Jonathan motteran

It was dominic not me :) watch the replay, greetz kariem

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back