rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Portimao - Monday September 26th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
practice: never driven track before, setup sent from Eike, very good. was putting in mid 1:53s toward the end.

Qualy: put on qualy tires cos i'm an idiot, position 13th, of 13 :(

r1, made 1 places off the start i think, in 12th by back straight. was sitting 10th a few laps later after dodging a grey car facing wrong way. had a battle with Stephen at some point here i think, saw 2 cars come together and go off, putting me 8th, where i managed to get a rhythm and kept the position through to the end

r2, started 3rd from reverse grid. holing 3rd into first few corners, made a mistake eon lap 1/2 and slipped back to 6th, somebody spun off promoting me to 5th and backing the pack up. I had a short lived battle with Adam and someone else for 3rd, but settled into 5th, but right on Adam's bumper. the dude in the blue car came past, i didn't see him and a little love tap happened, he was able to continue luckily, but i wasn't as i go into a slide and was spun round by a black / green car with nowhere to go. I couldn't get the car going for a bit, but ended up running very close to the back. after some more action in front, i was up to 9th place, chasing Stephen DuCross with Andy Bonar not far behind. another accident in front, we go past him, and i am driving like crazy to keep Andy behind me. all the way to penultimate lap i managed to stay in front, Andy and Stephen swap places behind me, into t1 last lap, Stephen is brave on the brakes and i leave him room but end up staying ahead into t2. Stephen gives me a tap later on after i make a mistake, sending me over a kerb onto 2 wheels, Andy slipped past. Stephen makes a good move in the last part of the lap, overtaking me, but slows at last corner to let me past to say sorry for tap, but it was too late i got on the kerb on the exit of last corner, and am going sideways across the track and then over the armco into the pit lane. finished last in the end, but i enjoyed the race.

By far the best 207 night i have had so far, didn't know the track, but was happy with my pace and race craft with the other guys, leaving each other room and taking good chance at overtaking.

thanks Stephen and Andy especially for a good race 2 which would have otherwise been disastrous for me.

Here are some pictures for your pleasure

1. Stephen lunges last lap at t1, i leave him enough room despite not knowing where he was....
jc-vs-sc-207-algarve.jpg

2. 207s on 2 wheels is scary stuff. luckily didnt roll it!
207-2wheels.jpg

Thanks Adam, RD and those who raced tonight

Was a great race for me until the 5th Round where I came up with the right rear tire on the curb and my rear end breaks away. And I was unfortunately Andy Bonar in the way and I apologize for it - I was just a passenger and the car was able to capture and stabilize immediately.
As I drove into the pits to repair to my car, happened to me at the pit exit at the next mishap. I looked in the rearview mirror if the route is free, and drove it into the pit wall - dead engine and made ​​the dream of victory :)
In the second race I managed to fight from 12th place to 8th place and had some nice rounds with Eike Roeding.
I thank all participants and RD for the race exciting evening and look forward to more events :)
---------------------------------------------------------
War ein tolles Rennen für mich bis zur 5. Runde, wo ich mit dem rechten Hinterreifen auf die Curbs kam und mein Heck weg bricht. Dabei kam ich leider Andy Bonar in die Quere und ich möchte mich dafür entschuldigen - ich war nur noch Passagier und konnte den Wagen nicht sofort einfangen und stabilisieren.
Als ich in die Box fuhr um mein Auto reparieren zu lassen, passierte mir an der Boxenausfahrt das nächste Malheur. Ich sah in den Rückspiegel ob die Strecke frei ist und fuhr dabei in Boxenmauer - Motor tot und aus der Traum vom Sieg :)
Im zweiten Race konnte ich mich von Platz 12 auf Platz 8 durchkämpfen und hatte ein paar schöne Runden mit Eike Roeding.
Ich danke allen Teilnehmern und RD für den spannenden Rennabend und freue mich auf weitere Events :)

Real fun yesterdays evening. I decided to race in last minute. And it was very good decision!
Never driven before this track. First few laps with my (PP Kinekule) setup were awful. It was way too much overstery for this one. Thx Eike m8 for new one setup. It was a lot better than my old one. Except the fact that I was mixing the corners in the "blind" spots and turning in the wrong directions i was able to do few clean runs.

Q: One of my bests times but with one turn 4-wheel slide, gives me 7th on the grid. If it would be clean should be at least 5th.

R1: Lets say there wasn't anythinng like race 1. only must say sorry for standing backwards on one of the exits of the corner on lap 2. It drops me back from 5th to the last place.... Boring race only mealting gap to Andy was a bit of fun. On the last 3 laps from over 5 sec. to touch to his rear bumper....but I run out of laps to make a safe move...:tongue:

R2: Start 11th. I made mistake in the same place as in R1 but this time no spin only lost almost all places. I had great battle in the places from 12th to 7th. All was very clean and fair! especialy close one was with Stephen, we swap places few times always with enough room for each other. Great fun and nice peece of driving. So racing round a full circle and i finished 7th like in Q.:cool:

THX to Adam, RD for these nice evening wih this great mod and thx to all who raced, also congrats to the fast guys for the pace you showed (Gary, Rob and Eike, 50's in Q with a club praccy-I'm impressed)
Maybe it will be a 207's league in the future its good mod for that.

Cheers for the nice comments guys, i had a blast too last night :)

Must say thanks to Eike for the set up, i used my set up in race 1 and suffered....too slow into corners, too slow out of corners and too slow down the straight lol.

Race 2 i loaded Eikes set up (which probably explains why we were so close Tomasz) and noticed the speed on the 1st lap. Had a great race with Tomasz, both giving loads of room and taking different lines into corners so we didnt touch (think i might of love tapped you once tho). Made a couple of errors trying to go to deep on the brakes which then put me with A Bonar & J Chant and had a fantastic last few laps. Managed to get a good exit out of the last corner to give me a good run on James into T1 on the last lap and as James has said gave me loads of room to slip up the inside....half a lap later he was back in front. A tap from me into a sharp right hander put James across the high kerb and resulted in an awesome "Duke of Hazzard" moment (pic above). Andy slipped though at that point as did I, slowed down to let James back through before the line but saw in my mirror his car airborn shedding bodywork :).

Must admit i first thought these cars would be a bit slow around this new track....but they were perfect as there was so much room to give other people :)

Thanks RD & Adam for another seemless night of racing !

Struggled to get any real speed out of the car in practic so used Eike setup (thanks) which helped. :)

Quali: Set a decent-ish lap for 8th place.

Race 1: Made a great start and was up to 5th by the exit of turn 1. I chased Tony down and he went off moving me up to fourth. I tried hard to hang onto the front 3 but I span at the penultimate corenr, dropping a position. I did the same thing the following lap which dropped me a further 2 places. The rest of the race I was circulating alone until the end. Finished 7th.

Race 2: Started from 4th and made another good start but stayed 4th. I had some really good battles with many drivers but spending a whole lap alongside Tony was rather fun. In the end Gary and Seth got away meaning I was holding Vitoldas and Rob back for third. Vitoldas got past around the outside into turn 4 and then ROb lined me up into turn 1. He went down the inside but I braked earlier and cut back up the inside to keep the position. A few corners later though, Rob got past. I stayed behind them for the rest of the race, just trying to hang on and watching their great battle. Finished fifth.

Thanks for racing :)

Ive worked out how to navigate to rF club section via the calender :D.

I have always loved the track so no learning to be done,i used the setup Rob sent out and had a couple of brilliant races with it,race one was all about the battle with Eike for 2nd spot which went right to line seperated by cm's.
Race2 reverso grid is always where the most fun and action is,a good start let me get right in the thick of the action and keep the leaders in sight,picked my places to pass and got good timing planning my runs on people to get myself in to 1st fairly early,i wanted to knock back the pace a bit and cruise now but Seth wasnt buying in to that plan at all forcing me to push again in response to his chase,it was more fun that way so thanks for keeping me honest Seth :).
Well done Rob and good stuff race 1 Eike,thanks all that i enjoyed the good clean racing with.

Thanks Adz & RD

r2, started 3rd from reverse grid. holing 3rd into first few corners, made a mistake eon lap 1/2 and slipped back to 6th, somebody spun off promoting me to 5th and backing the pack up. I had a short lived battle with Adam and someone else for 3rd, but settled into 5th, but right on Adam's bumper. the dude in the blue car came past, i didn't see him and a little love tap happened, he was able to continue luckily, but i wasn't as i go into a slide and was spun round by a black / green car with nowhere to go. I couldn't get the car going for a bit, but ended up running very close to the back. after some more action in front, i was up to 9th place, chasing Stephen DuCross with Andy Bonar not far behind. another accident in front, we go past him, and i am driving like crazy to keep Andy behind me. all the way to penultimate lap i managed to stay in front, Andy and Stephen swap places behind me, into t1 last lap, Stephen is brave on the brakes and i leave him room but end up staying ahead into t2. Stephen gives me a tap later on after i make a mistake, sending me over a kerb onto 2 wheels, Andy slipped past. Stephen makes a good move in the last part of the lap, overtaking me, but slows at last corner to let me past to say sorry for tap, but it was too late i got on the kerb on the exit of last corner, and am going sideways across the track and then over the armco into the pit lane. finished last in the end, but i enjoyed the race.

By far the best 207 night i have had so far, didn't know the track, but was happy with my pace and race craft with the other guys, leaving each other room and taking good chance at overtaking.

thanks Stephen and Andy especially for a good race 2 which would have otherwise been disastrous for me.

We had some great racing there, was really good fun :)
I felt a bit guilty nicking 2 places on the final lap, but then thought what would a pro do.... so I just grinned and took it :D

Cheers James\Stephen and everone else for races :)

Was a great race for me until the 5th Round where I came up with the right rear tire on the curb and my rear end breaks away. And I was unfortunately Andy Bonar in the way and I apologize for it - I was just a passenger and the car was able to capture and stabilize immediately.

No problem Francesco, there was nothing you could do, I saw that :D

I had enough time really to avoid you really, so if anything, it was my fault i got a bit of damage :rolleyes:

Great racing :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years