rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Kinnekulle - Monday August 8th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hmmm terrible lap1, had a grey start but got barged off by a White car trying it up the inside?- madness! Was facing bakeware down the straight, got it pinned back on the road and turn 2 wiped out by sergio Perez flying across the track and collecting me. Car handled very badly after all this, kept getting worse, resulting in a terminal damage. Collected Gary Lennon as I knocked the keyboard out of reach and couldn't dump out of game.

Q:9 on grid
R1. Im always so carerful first lap 2 and 3 this race i think i give 100 % from start so get a good start follow all not to near avoid to get involved in any crashes. adrenalin on top every litlle slide a car did in front i saw.
I was after 3 4 lap not remember 3 or 4 some bakmarkers looks like they not give room so suddenly i was 2 and over finish first. as usual i give away my race setup to all drivers before race one this time to late we was almost on grid for 1 race sry for that

R2: Me on grid 9 place again much faster to realese cluth now get a driver on outside T1 little back i can not brake now i i hold full throttle i not now where fellow went i hope i not have contact with him.
Anyway now was magnus behind me on p3 me p2 and butter p1
magnus was all over me so not collide i let magnus pass into t1 on lap 6 or 7 then we start chase buttter but this car is not so good to draft with suddenly magnus and me should lap a back marker and magnus did a 360 some contact maybe.
in the end of race finish 2 3 laps butter wait so i could get nearer so p2 race 2 is ok and magnus say thx for the setup i have give all on grid in race 1 an good night up to work in 5 hours lovely race with so many on the server make a Q lap was cool that was fight to get 1 clean lap .

well, for my first rfactor event i think it went ok

in race 1 i capitalised on a good start, some nice overtaking manuvers and other peoples mistakes, started 23rd and got up to 10th after 3 laps, got passed for 10th nad was going along nicely in 11th untill i came up to lap andrew, who stayed tight so i went to go around the outside, at which point he moves over, forcing me off the track to avoid contact, then i hit the bumps and launched myself into a spectacular roll and as i came onto the track totally in teh air i hit pavel, so it wasent just my race that was compromised then, fixed the puncture i had and limped home 15th (after DNF's)

race 2, had a pretyt good start but messed up my line into turn 1 putting me on the grass, had a safe rejoin but fell down to 19th, then got passed people who had spun out into 17th before making a pretty big mistake in turn 1, ending my race in the tyres on teh inside.

was a very enjoyable event overall and if it wasent for the race 1 mishap it was a pretty good start for me in rfactor, so hopefully ill race you guys again in the coming weeks :)

Great evenings Racing.
Had a good setup during practice after discovering that the Diff adjustment has a large effect on the handling of the Car.
At one time i was only .7 of a lap off the lead pace. Qually was hell trying to miss all the Mobile chicanes.

Race 1 had a good start managed to miss all the Carnage and found myself fighting for 4th. This did not last long as some bad judments by myself and other competitors ended that. Managed to finish 11th due to a ill handling car in the end.
Race 2 had a good start excesive tire wear unfortunatly kept me from catching the top guys. Had fantastic company with Andrew matching each other pace.
Thanks RD great great evening.
Thanks Adam.

Well, It was another great evening in 207' club race. Again I had very good pace with this cars.

Q: It was very hard to do good lap in this traffic and on this narrow track it is not so easy to overtake somebody and not mess his hot lap time. in the half of a qualy I was far away about 10th, but in the end I managed to do 2 clean laps. it was slower than my PB but was enough for my first Pole position on RD!

R1-it was very strange for me to start from the pole with nobody in front of me....
I had good start and hold my position. i hold it for aabout 4 laps, but I made stupid mistake and spun wrecking a car a bit....
I had to wait to safely rejoin. I had few nice battles in the middle of the pack, very clean and fair battles. Everything was going fine, till the moment when we cought backmarkers, some of them just blocked me and others guys few times. I lost at least 3 postions trying to avoid somebody. Luckly I didn't crash. After that I peacfully drove to the finish line. The drop off tthe tires is hudge, when you haven't got front bumper...Finished 7th, only because Adam's and Chris problems.
BTW: It was very nice to see Chris waiting for Adam-great fair play spirit!

R2-I just tweak a bit asetup and it was mistake...
After not so good start I lost one position before T1 and I drove too wide in T2 and had to wait for rejoining. So started frome the very back. My new setupwasn't so good cause I had problems to hit 51', only low 52' All the distance. After gainig few posiitions I hit a car wich spun in front of me, than barrier, but almost no damage, only lost few places. I came back on the track and again gained few places and when I was overtaking one of the cars, he got small slide and i was trying to avoid, got the grass with two wheels and spun again...Another come back, another few positions and checkering flag on 12th place.

I was a bit Ulucky in R2, but i should be on podium in R1, but blew it by myself. Neverthenless I'm very happy with my first PP on RD:D and it was a great fun to race with You guys!!!!!
Thanks to RD & ADam. Cheers.

BTW: For this cars with so many drivers IMHO tracks like Sliverstone National, Melbourne, or Snetterton could be great tracks to race. It's just my modest suggestion:wink:. On this a bit wider tracks it should be easier to race with backmarkers-it's just a thought.

Thanks RD for another great evening of close racing!!

Race 1, couldnt get a clean lap in quali so started about 10th? Made my way through the first few corners and made a mistake all on my own and wrecked the car lol

Race 2....started 23rd and thought "just stay of of trouble" which worked as by lap 5 i was up to 5th place!! Couple of half spins through out the race made me yoyo from the front to middle etc. Happy to finish 6th from a second to last start spot.

Have to say i loved the flow of this track as some corners were just a lift and turn. the pit exit was another matter though :) Think i was behind James Fellows on my quick lap and someone in a white car just pulled out of the pit without looking and got a fair old whack up the aris...not great as the timer was nearly out...need to check mirrors more guys.

Anyway enjoyable night and i'll be back for more!!

Thanks again to Adam for the admin, smooth as always :)

Silverstone is rubbish, but I'll get behind Snetterton. Seems like the schedule is full for a while either way.

My summary is this:

Qualifying: Rage
Race 1: Happy
Race 2: Mega rage

Shame really, really nailed the setup and was finally using the rear anti-roll bar for once. Took a good 5 laps to get warmed up but after that it was pretty much 51.8s all the way. Hopefully my setup will work at Oran Park.

Quali: Couldn't quite match Tomasz and Andrew so took third. :)

Race 1: Made a good start and settled into the race. Gary got past me early and then I got caught up with Tomasz's spin. Car was slightly damaged but I was keep on the tail of Kjell and Ole before we all got caught up with a backmarker. I lost a lot of bodywork on the front of the car and was struggling for grip, particularly in turn 2 as I would understeer a lot. Chris closed in and we had a good battle before we made contact (thanks Chris for waiting :)). The battle carried on but he managed to go around the outside of me in turn 2. I couldn't fight it else I would understeer into him so just let him go and finished 10th.

Race 2: Made a good start and avoided the mass of cars running wide at turn 2. I was now up in 5th, just holding onto the lead group but slowly dropped back due to tyre wear. Got past Eike on the start/finish straight and somebody else who went off but I lost a few in the process. Ended up finishing in 4th with Berkem closing in quickly.

Good night of racing, thanks all :)

Well there was plenty of action!

Qualifying was hectic, struggled to get an outlap never mind a hotlap. Sorry to anyone who I may have obstructed, noting was intentional of course!

Crashed out in both of the races, but hey, I had a lot of fun, and that's what it is all about!

I have to admit to enjoying these cars despite problems along the way,it was still good racing going on amongst some avoidance work,got caught out late in race 2 with some severe tyre drop off,hopefully can avoid that next time.

Thank You Adz & RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back