rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Donnington Park - Monday July 18th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks everyone the racing was great :)

@ Rob Musgrove: For race 2 you might want to take the time to have a look at the replay file on both incidents. Maybe you will feel different about your comment because I bumped into you once you came back on the track. I also waited for you. If you still have hard feelings after looking from all angles I would really appreciate if you can raise this officially with the Race Administrator so they can judge the indicent from a neutral perspective. I know this is not the place to table things like this but unfortunately I was involved in the incident and feel it is only fair to voice my opinion in a non-negative manner ;).

@Jason Lancett: Hope you had a good race :). It would cool if you come back onto the track and keep to the side or at least check to see if there are any oncomming traffic. Waiting for me after causing the havoc would've been nice then we might have gone for a pint at the local pub :ROFLMAO:.

Thanks Adam you get my :thumbsup:

pieter, have you heard of a yellow flag, slow down accident, when i come back on track, at turn 4 mate, you were going flat out.. at leas someone behind you took the sensible route, and went past me, on the grass lol..

@ Rob Musgrove: For race 2 you might want to take the time to have a look at the replay file on both incidents. Maybe you will feel different about your comment because I bumped into you once you came back on the track. I also waited for you. If you still have hard feelings after looking from all angles I would really appreciate if you can raise this officially with the Race Administrator so they can judge the indicent from a neutral perspective. I know this is not the place to table things like this but unfortunately I was involved in the incident and feel it is only fair to voice my opinion in a non-negative manner ;).

No no. Nothing at all aimed at you. I was hit off in the 1st race and wasn't given the place back. I watched the re-play and ok your reactions was a tiny and I mean tiny bit slow to react to my error across the grass. I in no way blame you, I appreciate you waiting and losing spaces to allow me back on.

So for my report to the Admins, You will not at all be included in a bad light. Maybe a good one though. As it was excellent that you waited for me when there was (to be honest) a debate on if you should of stopped or not, as it was me who had the wobble that slowed me down.

So a HUGE Thank you sir. Appreciated. :) :)

In all honesty I thought you were moving a little to the right so I hit the brake slightly and pulled my wheel to the left because there was a bit of space open on the left hand side where I was planning to go but things didn't worked out in time. I was also trying to get my line right for the corner where you came off so by the time I could really focus on what was happening with you it was just too late to look behind me for incase I was going to get rammed if I stepped on the brakes. Swerving with the 207 in that situation is unfortunately out of the question :lol:. Things happened so quickly that I could really only do what I did without causing a major accident. I think the bump wasn't that severe but unfortunately we know how the physics react.

No harm done but I raised the issue in anycase with race control earlier because if I caused an avoidable accident I'd rather be told than let it go and some might think I am a wrecker.

Hope you also have a bit better luck next time on the track :)

No no. Nothing at all aimed at you. I was hit off in the 1st race and wasn't given the place back. I watched the re-play and ok your reactions was a tiny and I mean tiny bit slow to react to my error across the grass. I in no way blame you, I appreciate you waiting and losing spaces to allow me back on.

So for my report to the Admins, You will not at all be included in a bad light. Maybe a good one though. As it was excellent that you waited for me when there was (to be honest) a debate on if you should of stopped or not, as it was me who had the wobble that slowed me down.

So a HUGE Thank you sir. Appreciated. :) :)

Well, I was pretty mad with the initial laps of Race 1 to be honest. That's why I didn't bother to show up for Race 2. Very disappointing. Specially since this is the first mod I've encountered that I actually got some decent pace to compete with.
Qually : P2, could've been a bit better, but I came across traffic in my final flying lap and had to pull out of it.
Race 1 : Made a bad start. Lost a couple of positions within the first few corners. A bit of "cutting in my face" in the final chicane ... I had to brake or else I would've knocked that driver out. That of course gave the guy behind me a chance to think that I'm easy pray. Held him off for a whole lap, taking awkward racing lanes because he just wouldn't back off my bumper. Eventually in the last chicane I braked as late as possible, hit the apex perfectly, only to see his Pug charging down my rear bumper ... Jumped off the brake and onto the accelerator, tried to give him some room, but unfortunately I hit the inner kerb on the left-hander part of the chicane and that sent me spinning. While trying to rejoin I got whacked by another car. I thought I could continue, but it turned out I had a puncture. Pitted the next lap, but it turned out my steering was FUBAR'ed. So I just quit. No point in trying to finish last I guess.
There was no real contact before I spun out. You could even say I spun out on my own. But I still felt very angry by the attitude of some drivers. You see a car infront slowing down in an awkward place - that's not your chance to overtake. That's someone being cautious not to hit the car infront damn it. And the reason why there was no contact before I spun out on my own, was because I was cautious enough not to make contact.
20 minutes races are long enough for places to be made and lost. Don't try win it all in the first few corners or laps. Specially with these cars - cold brakes and tires are awful.
Not gonna bother reporting anything because on paper there was no contact. But if someone has the free time and will, may check the race from my point of view. It only lasted 2-3 laps.

2 none eventfull races for me.

Managed to Qualify in 5 which i was very happy with.
Race 1:
Had a miserable start and ended up 8th going into the craner curves, just alongside Adam. Adam ran little wide on the run down to Old Harpin and gifted me 7th. That left me a second to make up on 6th. Managed to catch up by the entry to the final chicane as there was a train forming slowing everyones entry speeds. Nikola ran wide into T1 allowing me to get the undercu down to the Craner Curves.
So im now in 6th with a 2 second gap to 5th, which at this point i thought would probably be too much for me to hope for as im not known for my race pace. So i sat in 6th for another lap or so slowly taking time out of the guys infront. As i exited the last chicane i was confronted with a scene of carnage! lol! The group infront had a big smash up, leaving me to take 3 places going down the main straight and quickly gaining on Anders. At this point i honestly thought a second place was on the cards!
I caught Anders 3 laps later but i knew my pace wasnt that much quicker than his and that overtaking him was gonna be hard work. I tried to apply a little pressure but ended up over cooking it into Coppice and taking to the grass. This gave Anders a 3 secong lead on me and there was just no way i was gonna catch him. We kept pretty much the same time gap to the end which pleased me as this is was probably the most consistant i have ever driven.
I did think that i was gonna be caught by Berkem as he was taking chunks of time out of me but luckily he ran out of fuel!
Altogether really happy with the race and the racers around me.

Race 2:
Started in 6th and had another stinker of a start. Straight back to 9th into the Craner Curves and go nobbled by Butchie on the way out! lol
Made up a couple of places whilst chasing Butchie down as for some reason people seem to prefer the grass with these cars! :D
Caught up to Chris at the end of the lap and we soon joined the lead train of 6 cars. Managed a pass on Chris a couple of laps later on the way to Coppice but over cooked it in the same place as race 1 but this time hit the wall. I lost a couple of places whilst getting the car facing the right way only to be gifted the back by threading the needle between Simon Curtis and Peter Bohlin on the main straight.
2 laps later i came across a limping Butcher sitting at the side of the track moving me up to 6th. Then found Tomasz's car beached on the kirbs at the chicane moving me up to 5th.
The gap to 4th was 11 seconds and i couldnt bring it down, so that is where i stayed for the duration.

Really enjoyed this event. Excellent cars, excellent track, excellent company.

Thanks Adam and RD.

Quali: Was on a really good lap at the end but got distracted twice so stayed in P8.

Race 1: Made a good start and was running 7th out of turn 1. Decided to slow up a bit in the craner curves only for the back end to step out. I sort of kept it straight but got a wheel on the grass and that was that. Ended up going straight across the track after the old hairpin, taking Ross with me (sorry). I dropped to 21st and last but put a good charge on for the rest of the race, battling with Ross for the majority of it as we picked off others ahead. Finished 6th.

Race 2: Made a good start and was up to 2nd out of turn 1. Out of the hold hairpin, Tomasz got past leaving me to battle with Matt for several laps. Eventually he got through and I ran wide which dropped me back to Berkem. We had a great battle which lasted all the way up until the final lap when he spun off. Couldn't quite catch Kjell at the end but finished 3rd as Tomasz retired.

Thanks all for racing :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back