rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Autodrom Most - Monday December 5th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Also am i missing something here....is it not ok to draft people now? (or is bumdraft different?)

Bumpdrafting is a term invented by Nascar drivers where you actually contact the car in front of you while drafting and push both cars along faster than either can go by itself. I've heard that they are just going to attach them to each other next year. It is generally not allowed here at RD though there have been some exceptions at oval tracks from what I can gather.

Qualy: Was pleased with 8th. Was aiming for top 10. Got a PB.

Race 1= Stayed in 8th at the start. Then at the hairpin, I saw a gap on the inside of Wayne Morgan but he stayed on the inside. I braked and was as much on the grass as was allowed. Me and Wayne made contact and then I got hit from behing sending me on 2 wheels into Adam. I was now about 9th behind Andy and ahead of Adam. In the final sector of Lap 1, Wayne went wide and then came back on track at full speed straight into Andy. Wayne flew across the front of my car which certainly surprised me when it happened.

The rest of the race was one of the best performances of my RD Career. Was up to 5th as many people crashed or spun included Eike and Tony. I was defending from Adam for the whole race and then on the final lap, I hit the kerb too much at the chicane. lost control and when trying to gain control. I span. I rejoined in 10th but finished 9th and there was some weird lag or something on the final lap. Sometimes said I was 8th, 9th or 10th. Very dissapointed.

Race 2= Starting 9th. Stay in 9th. But I went too wide at Turn 1, hit the grass slightly. I slowed down and managed to control the car. I then went off the racing line because I knew I was going slower at the time. However, Alex Rolls hit the back of me sending me into a spin and there was a pile-up including about 6 cars. I was in about 12th afterwards and was gaining positions. I had slight suspension damage and I was ahead of Adam again.

On Lap 2 though after the fast right hander, Ferrerria had spun, he then rejoined straight infront of me causing major suspension damage. After watching his onboard camera on replay, I was able to see myself clearly. But I have been in his shoes before and it is a heat of the moment thing which is hard to remember when you are frustrated after a spin or a crash and you want to carry on racing ASAP.

I carried on racing (after flashing my headlights numerously to Ferrerria) even with no bonnet and having to go 10 seconds slower per lap. But my race ended a few laps later, hit the inside kerb at Turn 1 and went backwards into the wall.

Overall = A dissapointing end to what started off well. I am also worried about the amount of newcomers who couldn't follow basic RD Racing Rules. Especially the 2 fast estonian drivers who talked in both races. Nothing wrong with new drivers, but please know how to behave.
sorry about race 2, i was right in racing line after someone put me off, so i was worried, tried to take the car out, but endedup touching you, sorry

Quali: Did a pretty good lap, but Martin did an amazing lap... Way off the pole 2nd.

R1: Start wasn't too good, worse than Martin's. I managed to keep my 2nd. Martin was posting quite fast laps in the start. I was always a few tenths behind. Midrace Martin's pace started dropping. In few laps I caught up 2 seconds and the fight began. Couldn't really get as close as I would have wanted. Got next to him twice, once into 9th and once into 12th corner, but he always managed to defend me off.

R2: Managed to make a good start and moved up to 5th off the line. Into the 3rd corner(?) the whole top 6 was bunched together. I saw Martin going up a few positions from the outside line. I myself tried to go the short way around and get a good exit from the corner for next ones. I managed to get a good exit and drove between Adam and Rob up to 3rd. Into 9th I managed to move up to 2nd. I was hoping that Martin would get stuck in the traffic alittle, but no. The first guy was really fighty and I soon understood that I had to make a fast manouver to go through without crashing. I tried on the straight, but got blocked. We were going into the 1st corner side by side, but I thought better of it. All this let Martin close up on us. Next lap I tried a few more times until the straight. I got much better acceleration off the last corner. He went defensive to the right side and as he had already moved once that straight I wasnt expecting him to come back to left when I tried to make a pass. Then I tried again from the right, made it next to him when at the end of the straight he came on me and spun. Thankfully no damage was done to me. So began a few interesting laps full of battle with Martin until he spun. Rest was cruising for the win.

Oh well. Tonite reminded me very quickly why I quit racing this mod, despite having the pace to be up there.

R1 : After poor qually, where I couldn't find a clear set of road, I ended up something like 11-12 on the grid. Started off easy keeping my distance to the cars around me and then after T1, someone put a wheel on the grass and span right infront of me. It was like one of these slow-motion crashes. I couldn't do anything to avoid it. He ended up taking my whole nose out, leaving the car even more understeery into corners. I was at that time back to 21st, but kept my foot down. By the end of lap 2, I was already in sight of the single digit positions.
Eventually made it up to 8th, with a chance to sneak even further up ahead. Ran outta fuel thou. I was picturing something like 13 laps race, given the pace I thought possible, but there were some aliens around that thought otherwise. So, on the final lap, I ran out dry.
P12 and a lots of frustration because I had to do the whole race with no nose.

R2 : I had an OK start, gained a bit on the car infront, but kept my foot on the brake before T1, so I don't run into him. But then on the left side, the car didn't gave me any room whatsoever and I ended up spinning towards the right, hitting the tires and wrecking my car. And that's it ...

There isn't usually much contact in the 207 races. It's just that we have suddenly gained about 10 new drivers from nowhere + we are on a very fast and tight track. The races before at Vitus Parc, Mid Ohio, Grand Valley East were great.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%