AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Chang, Wednesday 16th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. After a week of vacation we are back with our Audi's and Mazda's. Today we go to Thailand, to the Chang International Circuit. We cannot follow the F1 calendar this week as Paul Ricard is not yet available on S.GP. Both circuits have some nasty corners and relaxed straights. There is some similarity in that aspect. Chang has a lot of overtaking opportunities by getting close to your opponent in the turns and slipstreaming him on the straights.

So join us for another exciting race event and sign up here:

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.

circuits_114-1.jpg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Chang International Circuit
  • Track Temps: 33C air/46C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 10 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification 20min (10min TT, 10min MX5)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from a TT, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the TT by lifting on the straight, but you don't have to! The TT driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any TT. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Server Name:
  • Practice Server: #04
  • Race Server: SGP
  • Backup RD server #05
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Incident reporting: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-incident-reporting.187534/

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

See you on track!

Entry list:

Last edited:

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

stigs2cousin

Premium
It's a Tilke classic but a fantastic build by the modder.
I concure, the modder has done a fantastic job :thumbsup:

( Hermann T. not so much, the track looks the same in most of the corners.
I often have to check the track map which corner is next, in fact several times I´ve mixed up the two righthanders following each other)

MFG Carsten

demetri

Premium
I concure, the modder has done a fantastic job :thumbsup:

( Hermann T. not so much, the track looks the same in most of the corners.
I often have to check the track map which corner is next, in fact several times I´ve mixed up the two righthanders following each other)

MFG Carsten
Quite an achievement by Herr Hermann Tilke, considering there's only a dozen corners on this track.

Last edited:

Dzul

Premium
I am not a Tilke fan but I quite like this track... easy to learn, hard to master. A bit like COTA and Sepang. On the Mazda is a challenge tossing around the weight of the car while keeping it on the racing line at speed. :D It's fun! Our pal ChainBear did an analysis on this man's tracks:

Last edited:

maxilogan

Premium
Hello everybody, sorry to see such a short grid. While of course I'm still super interested in racing with you guys, my personal commitments did not allow for any race - not here nor a casual online lobby - in the last two weeks, nor even a practice session.
I hope that I will be able to join next week's race, while waiting and practicing for our company's real life kart race on July 16th :) I hope that one year of online racing did help in getting better at this yearly event (last one was in fact better than my standard placement!)

Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
Premium
Although I felt one practice short of being properly competitive I really enjoyed the MX5 on this track.

I messed up the start of qualifying by running with full fuel, so I only got 2 flying laps but my last one was decent.

In the race I was doing ok and had a great, clean, fight with Pete Mitchell for 7th until I oversteered on the exit of T1 and speared into the wall.

After that I was hotlapping by myself and got on the tail of Raul on the last lap but not close enough to attempt a pass.

Improved my best laptime by 1.5 seconds tonight so happy overall.

I'd love to see this combination again with a bigger grid.

Thanks, Han, for organizing.

Last edited:

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Thanks all for joining :thumbsup: ! Pity we didn't have a bigger grid. Paul and I were the only Audi's sadly. On s.gp we can't have spare cars and when the event is running you can't switch cars anymore. Otherwise we probably would have joined the MX5's.

Paul had a very good qually and took the pole. I could stay close for a few laps and when Paul had a not so good exit in T1 I could slipstream and outbrake him in T2. After that he stayed close and I noticed that he gained a lot of time T4 the double apex left handler. So I tried to copy his line there and immediately improved there with 3 to 4 tenths. After that I could slowly increase the gap, probably also because I had more luck with lapping the Mazda's.

With 5min left I became aware that my fuel calculation was wrong and that I would not make it if I kept my pace. So I was very relieved when I got the message that Paul was pitting because he had the same problem. I did my last lap slow and in gears as high as possible. Crossing the finishline I had 0.2l left.

Congrats to the other podium guys and hope to see you next Wednesday!

Last edited:

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Thanks all for joining :thumbsup: ! Pity we had not a bigger grid. Paul and I were the only Audi's sadly. On s.gp we can't have spare cars and when the event is running you can't switch cars anymore. Otherwise we probably would have joined the MX5's.

Paul had a very good qually and took the pole. I could stay close for a few laps and when Paul had a not so exit in T1 I could slipstream and outbrake him in T2. After that he stayed close and I noticed that he gained a lot of time T4 the double apex left handler. So I tried to copy his line there and immediately improved there with 3 to 4 tenths. After that I could slowly increase the gap, probably also because I had more luck with lapping the Mazda's.

With 5min left I became aware that my fuel calculation was wrong and that I would not make it if I kept my pace. So I was very relieved when I got the message that Paul was pitting because he had the same problem. I did my last lap slow and in gears as high as possible. Crossing the finishline I had 0.2l left.

Congrats to the other podium guys and hope to see you next Wednesday!
Yes, well done Han, I had forgotten to allow for the P2P fuel usage and had to limp into the pits with one lap to go. I tried to be careful lapping the Mazda guys and thanks to all of them for leaving me enough room.
I was saving my P2P for later in the race but your early pace had me using it up trying to stay with you. But I still had fun and that’s what it’s all about.

Thank for organising and congrats to the winners and podium guys.

Thanks for organising @HF2000. I qualified fourth out of the Mazda's and had a good start off the line. Could stay away from trouble on turn 1 and build a 8 or so second lead on @PeyePete and @Douglas Aird. Stayed in 4th in class until Patrick blew his engine. Moved up to third and was a good 1 - 1,5 seconds slower than Carsten. So I could never close the gap and I raced alone all race. Towards the end of the race I slowed down slightly and Pete started lapping quicker and started catching me by a second every two laps, but I could still cross the line in 3rd with a comfortable lead. First podium in class with RD. Congrats to Han and Ernie for the wins. Thanks to everyone for the race.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000